What should come next?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After 3 cycles on 50 mg Clomid with beautiful follies but no BFP, my RE is ready for me to move on to something else. I am going to be starting Femara this cycle, and it sounds like injectibles may be in my near future I have an appointment scheduled for January 5 to decide what's next. I don't want to be pressured into getting aggressive too quickly (fear of failure ), so I want to go to the appointment informed. For those of you who've been on the MA train for a while, what was your treatment progression?
December 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did 7 cycles of Clomid (from 50mg to 200mg) with no results then went on to injectables and we got pregnant the first month. I only had 1 follie on the injects as well.

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

December 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I did four cycles of Clomid at 50mg with great follies/no BFP. My RE moved me to 100mg (and we added IUI due to hostile CM). I'm nearing the end of my TWW wait now.

However, my RE wanted to skip Clomid all together and go with injectibles but we couldn't afford that.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 16th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Most people go to injectables after Clomid. After that would be injectables with IUI and timed DTD, followed by injectables with multiple IUI's and after that would be IVF. (that is the usual course of events)

Hope that helps

GL!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I personally hate clomid. It's tough because I think it works great for some women, but what is weird is that I DID produce wonderful follies each cycle on clomid and timed intercourse perfectly for a total of 9 cycles of clomid ( a break in between) and NEVER saw a BFP. It only took two cycles on injectibles to get pg with my son, and the first cycle was mostly experimental. I would definitely suggest moving on if you don't get your BFP on femara. I hope it never comes to that though! Goodluck hun!!!
December 17th, 2010, 05:00 AM
JulieC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only on my second cycle of clomid and my RE just adjusted my dose to 100mg. I wanted to wish you good luck at your appointment.
December 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, everyone. I guess I am just having a freak out about feeling like I am headed quickly towards IVF It sounds like a few cycles on Femara, and then injectibles it is!
December 17th, 2010, 05:47 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I did 3 cycles of IUI with clomid (50mg-100mg) and I was negative every time. My RE refused to do IUI with injectibles based on the uncontrollability of multiple pregnancy (I'm pretty cool with that). I went to IVF a couple of months after the last IUI.
December 17th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did 6 rounds of Clomid, then my RE had me try Femara for 6 rounds. I've not gotton a BFP on either, so in January I'll be giving IUI a try with Femara + small dose of injects. Ive been VERY cautious and slow to agree on progressing with more aggressive treatments just like you. I'd say give the Femara a try and see what happens, I had NO side effects at all from it.

December 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
I did 50mg of Clomid, then 100mg, then 150mg, then 200mg and then moved onto injectables (Gonal F w/Novarel trigger). I'm currently on my 3rd cycle of injectables. My RE typically does 4 cycles of injectables before moving onto IVF. Since IVF is expensive, I think we might do a few more cycles of injectables.
December 17th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
We moved somewhat quickly but here is our "story/progression"

1 round 50mg Clomid - Responded late
1 round 100mg Clomid - Reponded late again
1 round 150mg Clomid - Again responded late
- Triggered with Ovidrel on all of these

*Because of the late response my RE was concerned that the egg quality may not have been great so we decided we were done with Clomid and moved on to Injects.

1 round of Injects (Follistim for us) and IUI - Responded perfectly. Had a picture perfect cycle with 4 mature follies and lots of perfect semen = BFN.
-Triggered with Ovidrel again.

*I was not in a good place after this BFN so we took a small break and then met with our RE again. We had a change in insurance over this time and our new benefits gave us $20,000 in infertility coverage lifetime. After talking with our RE we decided it was time to move on to IVF. We made this decision for a couple reasons. 1. I had the perfect IUI cycle and still got a BFN 2.Because of how well I responded to the medication there was a good chance another IUI cycle could end in cancelation. (My RE doesnt do IUI to IVF conversions) and 3. Our new insurance was limited to a lifetime max so we decided to use the money for what had the best success rate.

1 IVF cycle - using Bravelle and Menopur for stims - produced 22 eggs, 18 fertilized, transfered 2 3-day perfect embies, 9 survived to freeze = BFN

Met with RE again and decided to not start a fresh cycle, but to use or snowbabies and try FET.

1 FET cycle - Using Lupron for suppression, Unthawed all embies, Only 7 survived original thaw, 5 made it to day 4, 4 made it to day 5, transfered all 4 embies on day 5 (3 grade A, 1 grade C), also used acupuncture on the day of transfer and ate pineapple core starting on what would have been the retreival day all the way through the 2WW (YUCK!) = BFP! 1 Sac failed to develop, 1 surviving baby! I am now 32.5 weeks and expecting a boy EDD Feb. 7

I hope whatever your choice is that you get your BFP very soon! I know the struggles of infertility and it isnt fair to anyone!

December 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
we did about 8 cycles total with clomid and 3 with femara..we were told to move straight to ivf..decided to try iui instead first...i guess it really depends on why..good luck..i hope you get that bfp and their is no next cycle!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We did three cycles Clomid/TI, then two cycles CLomid/IUI, then one cycle Femara/IUI, the we went to the RE.

We then went back to Clomid/IUI and added Metformin for one cycle, then did three cycles of Injects/IUI.

Then it was move on to IVF or bust.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search