My Most Recent Blog =)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Angel_Maker
Is all about how I got pregnant without MA TWICE this year!

For anyone struggling with Infertility, and who feels like they've tried EVERYTHING...don't give up!

I wrote about the supplements I took in order to conceive! Check it out!

December 18th, 2010, 09:49 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Thanks for sharing.... but how much lemon juice do i add....

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

December 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Angel_Maker
The juice of 1/2 a lemon
December 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM
mommabirdof4
Hi...I have followed your store since you lost Evan...and I want to thank you...I started drinking the lemon water (I did one whole lemon once a day) after my miscarriage in september after ready a post you posted about it. 16 days after my loss I ovulated and now we are 12 week pregnant with TWINS.

Thank you!!!
December 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing, sweets!
Seems you have come up with a miracle plan!
I hope it works for me, too!
December 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cant go wrong with lemon water/geritol and Soy.... Scarlett is proof of that magic as well!!

I will never ever go back to MA.

December 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Angel_Maker
Girls, for those of you who have had success, either with ovulation or with pregnancy, would you PLEASE post your story on my most recent blog??? I would love to document this!
December 20th, 2010, 03:02 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Brandi, I started following your story after I had my first m/c. I also have PCOS. The first time we got pregnant was by IUI. Sadly we m/c in July of this year. We were told we couldn't get pregnant on our own. I took 120mg of soy in November. We got pregnant the first cycle I took soy. Sadly we m/c again. I am sad that we m/c again although I am very happy that we got pregnant on our own. I don't think we could have gotten pregnant on our own if it wasn't without soy.
December 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Veteran
OK, now I am debating what to do my next cycle if this one doesn't result in a bfp.
the RE office is 45 minutes away, I live in a pretty snowy area, and I hate to drive on the highways I have to drive when it's perfectly sunny out. So I am wondering if maybe I should try Brandi's method for 2 or 3 months.

Hmmmmm...I will be putting a lot of thought into this for the next week.

December 20th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Angel_Maker
Kim, let me know what you decide!

Even if you ARE doing MA, you can still drink the lemon water and take Geritol All it's going to do is make your body healthier!
December 20th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Veteran
Brandi.....
which days did you use the Soy? My RE has me use clomid 3-7, so would the soy be the same days?

Here's another question, being as every single test we've done has come back normal and I haven't gotten pregnant, I'm thinking maybe something with the LH surge or the egg quality might be the problem...although my LH hormone was tested and should have resulted in ovulation....key word *should have*....in your research, what would you recommend could help these two issues. (sorry I know you aren't a doctor or anything, but I think you may be on to something here and I will take whatever advice I can get right now!!!)

Thanks!!!

December 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I am totally going to try it! Last time they checked my testosterone levels they were pretty high so I have hope that this will work. I already have peppermint and spearmint tea and was going to buy estroven a few months ago, now I definitely think I am going to try it =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

December 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
It was a great suggestion!! Im so glad i tried it!! thanks for the idea Brandi!! oh ya and i posted my success on your blog!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Veteran
Jesse....you got your BFP using this too??? WOW

Welp, it definately can't hurt to try it. Being that it's winter and traveling to the RE will be difficult with snow the next few months, I just may very well use the Brandi method myself.

I am definately buying the peppermint tea this week and lemons and geritol and what the heck, I might as get the estroven too just so I have it.

Jesse...did you use the estroven or something else?? just curious

December 20th, 2010, 05:00 PM
JulieC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to try this. Do you take the geritol instead of a prenatal? How much lemon a day? Thanks for sharing!
December 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Angel_Maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim22 View Post
Brandi.....
which days did you use the Soy? My RE has me use clomid 3-7, so would the soy be the same days?

Here's another question, being as every single test we've done has come back normal and I haven't gotten pregnant, I'm thinking maybe something with the LH surge or the egg quality might be the problem...although my LH hormone was tested and should have resulted in ovulation....key word *should have*....in your research, what would you recommend could help these two issues. (sorry I know you aren't a doctor or anything, but I think you may be on to something here and I will take whatever advice I can get right now!!!)

Thanks!!!
Yes, you could take soy on CD 3-7 As for the egg quality, both the geritol and lemon water should address that The Geritol contains a large amount of vitamin A (in the form of 100% beta carotene) which is known to help egg quality, and the lemon water is a total body detox GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
I am going to try this. Do you take the geritol instead of a prenatal? How much lemon a day? Thanks for sharing!

Yes, Geritol is a complete multi vitamin, so you would take it INSTEAD of a pretnatal Once you get your you can start taking a prenatal

As for the lemon, I used the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and I believe it was Christin who used the juice from a whole lemon....

Good LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbymichelle View Post
I am totally going to try it! Last time they checked my testosterone levels they were pretty high so I have hope that this will work. I already have peppermint and spearmint tea and was going to buy estroven a few months ago, now I definitely think I am going to try it =)

If your testosterone levels are elevated, then you will most definitely benefit from drinking the tea The tea works as a natural anti androgen (another word for testosterone) so it will naturally lower those levels and allow your body to function as it should, thus resulting in ovulation

I'm so excited for ALL OF YOU LADIES
December 21st, 2010, 02:50 AM
Brandi, Where can I pick up Geritol? Does Walmart sell it or do I need to go some place like GNC? I think I am going to start the lemon water and the peppermint and spearmint tea now. The doctor told me I have to wait one cycle before we can try again. I guess I will wait the one cycle then throw everything in to see what happens. The soy helped us get pregnant once so maybe taking everything will help us stay pregnant.
December 21st, 2010, 04:38 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Brandi, I also borrowed your suggestions for lemon water and spearmint tea. (I just took my regular prenatals because Geritol isnt available in Canada) and i just got my bfp last week! It was my first cycle trying it!
I was also on Femara and used a ton of preseed!
I cant promise that it was the regimine that worked cause the Femara was new this cycle too, but in the 10 months we had been trying, and diagnosed with unexplained fertility, something finally worked!! I thank you for your part in helping me plus a lot of other girls catch our dreams!

[/url
December 21st, 2010, 05:17 AM
Angel_Maker
Seriously Tobi, that is sooooo awesome! Congrats!!!

Stacey, here in Florida, I can get Geritol in Walgreens or Publix, but you can also order it online
December 21st, 2010, 05:40 AM
Thank you Brandi. I will check some of the stores around here. I know I can order from Walmart.com so I am hoping Walmart has it in the stores.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search