Freaking out....*UPDATE*

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok. How is this possible.

I'm 26 years old
We conceived our son naturally 2 1/2 years ago and found out in June that my DH has a severly low sperm count.
I ovulate regualarly and have regular 30 day cycles
Had an ultrasound in March which was "beautiful" and showed lots of follicles on each ovary (on like CD 10 i think)
My 7DPO progesterone was 19 on a natural cycle

I got my CD3 bloodwork done last week just as a formality...and my FSH is 12.5!?!?!?!??!?!? WHAT ON EARTH?
My doctor says it baffles her and doesn't fit my overall picture at all and she thinks it might be a lab error. I'm going to have my AMH drawn today.

Do me and DH suck so bad at being parents that God decided to sterilize us both after our first kid? What is going on? Why is this happening to us? I guess I really need to accept the fact that we may never have another biological child...

UPDATE: I feel a little better. I had my AMH drawn today and we'll see what that shows. DH's 3-month post op SA was quite a bit better, so that was good news at least. Back in June he had 2 SAs. The first was 1.3 million/ml and the second was 3.2 million/ml both with 36% motility.

Today's was 12.8 million/ml with 50% motility and a total count of 48 million . So we are candidates for IUI now where before IVF was really our only MA option.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; December 20th, 2010 at 05:51 PM.
December 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hope that there was indeed a lab error...how soon will you get the results back? I will be crossing my fingers for a better number this time!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
HUGE HUGS!!! I am so sorry you upset. I pray that the results were an error.

I wanted to let you know, sometimes God makes things SEEM impossible so he can create HIS miracle. So HUGE HUGS and I hope all is well. Thinking of yoU!

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
December 20th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
It could also just be an error in general. I had a similar problem happen to me. 1st lab work showed it at 6, then at 10, then back down to 6.

There are also natural ways to improve his sperm count -- no alcohol/caffeine, no ht tub, wearing boxers, being of a normal weight, taking a load of vitamins (there are a bunch that have been proven to help), drinking pomegranate juice, etc.

GL!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
It could also just be an error in general. I had a similar problem happen to me. 1st lab work showed it at 6, then at 10, then back down to 6.

There are also natural ways to improve his sperm count -- no alcohol/caffeine, no ht tub, wearing boxers, being of a normal weight, taking a load of vitamins (there are a bunch that have been proven to help), drinking pomegranate juice, etc.

GL!
I'm hoping it is just an error. And DH has been taking TONS of supplements since we found out about his MFI back in June, wears boxers, never drinks, I won't let him near a hot tub, and he had varicocele surgery back in September. He is having his post-op SA today.

My Ovulation Chart
December 20th, 2010, 08:28 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3

heres hoping for great numbers today!!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

December 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Agree----hope its simply lab error ( I work in healthcare & it def. can happen !!) Keep us posted on your AMH results !!!

December 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I know it can be frustrating. Before marrying my dh I had one child and he had 2. So when we began trying to have one together we were stunned that there were any issues. With all the medical advances chances are you will be parents again! Stay positive.

December 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Hun..hang in there..i hope its just lab error as well! It does seem sometimes like God is putting barriers in the way..but sometimes its just to be sure you are still on track!! I was told my eggs were of horrible quality..and dh had severe male factor..not low count..but 0 normal sperm..and we were just given a 1% chance..IVF didnt even work...and now we are pregnant..all on our own!! Just hang in there..God does have a plan sweetie!! HUGS!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search