Freezing swimmers date

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Super Mommy
Soooo.. My husband's swimmers will have their first Austin powers moment !! The date has been set and on the 29th of December we will go cup in paper bag in hand to the fertility lab and make our deposit !!! I am excited but scared . They said with each deposit they normally get 3 samples . One girl I met there said they got 5 samples from it so fingers crossed we only will need one but I am so scared of something not going well, I think we will do it twice just to make sure we are covered . We were going to do an IUI at the start of JAN but surprise surprise AF came on her own.. normally that is a good thing but she did it 14 days before I needed her and it messed up my schedule !!!!!!! So I hope we can still do a freshl IUI mid/end of JAN before hubby leaves , other wise I will have my frozen army if you will, for back up . AHHhh I totally hope this works... I am worried about using frozen sperm... like, what if it won't work as well as fresh?? Any one have any tips/advice? Thanks
December 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hoping you can use the fresh goods I'll also be doing IUI in January so cheers to my 1st IUI buddy that I know will be going thru the same thing! What meds will you be taking?
December 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
not sure about that one..but good luck!
December 21st, 2010, 12:16 AM
Super Mommy
Hey :--)
I'll be doing FSH injections with a trigger.. Possibly progesterone inserts but not sure.. My DR is very open minded sometimes and can be cookie cutter close minded as well ... They suspect that I also have PCOS and had ptu me on MET but it messed with my cycles, so I stopped taking it and AF came on her own for the first time in like almost 3 years.... If all goes well the IUI should take place around the 20th... I will have to induce AF with provera in order to use fresh sperm, if I wait for her to come on her own she won't get here in time.. I have like 35-45 day cycles sometimes...
December 21st, 2010, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting ..... your doc sounds exactly like mine can be at times !!!!!!!! I'm still irriatated that all of the sudden he is making me come in next wk to "talk" about the IUI when that wasnt the case back in Oct. when we were suppose to do it & plans fell thru. DH says "All he wants is your $$" .... I try not to get upset when he says that, but at the same time I kind of agree. I'm trying to be a good patient! I offer a lot of suggestions to them, for the most part they've gone with it! If my AF shows like she should, I'll probably be having the insem. around the week of the 10th so we'll just be a short bit apart. This will be my 1st one, I'm scared to death it wont work. it must, it must, it must. This is my our last resort pretty much .... I hope it works for both of us, have you gone thru it before ??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search