Need some advice (PG mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
demumbran0516's Avatar Veteran
I have been spotting for the last 3 days. I went to the ER again this morning (went saturday night and told me nothing) and they told me my cervix was closed, but that my hcg levels were 300. Im suppose to be 5 weeks 4 days. The also did a vag. u/s and saw nothing. Anyone had this happen? Im suppose to go back thursday for another blood test to see if levels have went up or down, but this is really freaking me out. They also sent me home with paperwork on an ectopic pregnancies.
December 20th, 2010, 12:08 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Don't let the u/s freak you out...since you are so early and the HCG is 300, you shouldn't be able to see anything. That part is completely normal.

I'll be honest...an HCG of 300 does seem like a low number for 5w4d. That said, we have many ladies (myself included) who have had low numbers and then had healthy pregnancies. I was also given paperwork to read about ectopics, and was happily shredding it later when everything turned out to be fine. I know this is definitely not the answer you want to hear, but I don't think there is anything you can do other that wait this out and see what your numbers are on Thursday. Then you can come up with a game plan depending on the results.

(((HUGS))) I gushed blood when I was pregnant and had to wait 3 days to see if my bean made it...worst feeling ever, so I understand how you are feeling. I wish so badly I could press the "fast-forward" button for you so you could get some answers. I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers and I hope that you are sharing joyous news just in time for Christmas

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 20th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
BIG HUGS!! Im not really sure what hcg should be at right now..but Melissa had an idea on that..however i do want to say i was about 7 weeks when i was bleeding and all i saw was a teeny tiny lil thing on the screen..its still really early for you! Hang in there sweetie!! Just like Melissa said..everything can turn out just fine for you!! HUGS!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 20th, 2010, 07:08 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got pregnant through IVF and the IVF meds caused me to get hyperstimulation. From weeks 4-7 I was going to the RE and getting u/s every few days and having fluid drained from my belly (caused from the OHSS). The reason I'm telling you this is because around week 5 I started asking the u/s tech if she could see anything. She would always tell me it's too early to see anything and wouldn't even try to see my little bean. When I got to the end of my 5th week, my RE was giving me an u/s to drain fluid and I asked if she could see anything yet and she looked, but it took FOREVER for her to find my little bean (and this was an RE, not a tech in an ER) because it is sooooo tiny at this point. She didn't even schedule an u/s to see the heartbeat until 6.5 weeks. And, even then the heartbeat had just started beating and was really faint and they told me I just had to wait and see.

I also had slow rising HCG numbers that were NOT doubling every 48 hours (or how ever many hours they're suppose to be doubling). And, just like Melissa, I had bleeding (lots of bleeding) around 8 weeks and again around 10 weeks. It CAN all work out!

((((HUGS)))) I'll be thinking of you!
December 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I don't know anything about it, just wanted to say I am sending Big Hugs and tons of prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search