Finally some answers (loss ment)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2010, 08:28 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I go today for a HCG test to make sure my levels are doing down still. Last Monday my levels were 156. On Friday my levels were down to 31. Hopefully the test today shows they are still going down.

I don't know if you guys remembered but I was in the ER on December 10th. (that was when things were starting to go bad with this pregnancy). The Er Doctor and my OB both said my Thyroid levels were really low. I talked to my regular doctor and my Endocrinologist. Both said my thyroid levels were fine and not to change my dosage. I called to talk to my Endocroinologist and he is off this week do to Christmas. I ended up talking to another Endocroinoloist about my levels.

On December 13th my levels were the following:
Free T4 2.22 ng/dl (normal 0.70-1.48) - I am high
Free T3 3.03 pg/ml (normal 1.71-3.71)
TSH 0.03 UIU/ml (normal 0.35-4.94) - I am real low

The doctor said my Thyroid Hormone level (T4) is to high. When that hormone is high, it makes the pitutary hormone, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), become low-That is the test that's low.

This doctor is calling in a new prescription at 175 mcg instead of 200 mcg. He also said if we get pregnant again to come in right away for a thyroid level check.

I am so happy I finally had a doctor listen to me and agree with the ER doctor and the OB doctor.
December 22nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. There is nothing as heart breaking. However I am so glad God brought along a dr who would LISTEN to you and actually do some real investigating and get you some answers. It sounds like that is the key to carrying a baby full term for you! Praying you get another bfp really soon!!!
December 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At least out of this tragedy you have found someone that will help you keep a sticky bean in there! I'm so sorry for your loss and sure hope that next time around things are 100% different!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search