Lupron

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Regular
I started Lupron this morning for our IVF cycle next month. Just wondering if any of you have had experience with Lupron, just curious. Thanks for any input.
December 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done four ivf cycles, one of which was a traditional lupron cycle. I didn't have a very good reaction to lupron. I felt really hazy on it and had horrible headaches, but that all went away once I started the stims. It also got easier after a few days on the medicine. I did the shots in my thigh in the morning, and it was by far the easiest shot I've given myself, although a few times I bled from hitting a cap. I think everyone's experience on lupron is different. I'm really sensitive to medication and it was not for me.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to just butt in here, but I have been on Lupron for a month(I still have 5 months left on it due to endo). The only complaint I really have is the insomnia. I just cant sleep. I used to be able to sleep all day and all night if I wanted to. Now, I struggle to fall asleep and maybe only get 3 hours before waking up and tossing and turning for the rest of the night.
December 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I had zero problems with lupron. It actually made me feel really good! However, apparently my lack of reaction to lupron is pretty unheard of.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Lupron pretty much sucked for me. I had decent headaches, some hot flashes and night sweats, but the mood swings were the worst. I yelled at DH several times and the worst was when he put garlic salt on my scrambled eggs! I almost lost it!

The side effects went away when I started stims, so at least they aren't permanent. Good luck!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt