Soy concern

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 06:58 AM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been trying the soy isos the past few cycles. Last cycle i took 160mg and Oed( even a little early). This past cycle i took 200 mg day 5-9( i had read one of the girls took that much and got a bfp). Today is CD30. I havent O'ed at all. Now i have had cycles when i didnt O once before but i usually had AF by now. There is no sign she is on her way. I am scared that i might have done some damage to my body by taking that much soy. I dont think i could have but now im worried of course.I did also try starting to take B6 daily but stopped about a week ago cause it upset my stomach. Im assuming the combo of both didnt do this. These are both natural things so they shouldnt be harmful right?

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**

Last edited by hollann1984; December 26th, 2010 at 07:00 AM.
December 26th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Angel_Maker
I doubt you did any "damage," but things may be a little screwy now. Let me offer a suggestion, when you find a dose of Soy that works, stick with it. The success of Soy is that it makes you O....not that it gets you pregnant. You don't want to increase your dose unnecessarily, because it might cause your body to go haywire.....also if you took B6, that may very well extend your LP...so just hang tight. Are you *sure* you haven't O'd?? If you know you haven't, then I'd just keep BD'ing every other day or so! Maybe your O date is just going to be pushed way back. I know that the higher dose of Clomid I took the later my O date....maybe it's going to be the same with Soy
December 26th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks Brandi! Ive been temping and there hasnt been a temp shift( my temps are still really low 96's and low 97's) so im thinking i didnt O yet. Next cycle i think im not going to take anything and just let my body be and see what happens.

December 26th, 2010, 11:07 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Could a cyst have formed from too much soy and that is why AF is late? That happened to me during my 2nd cycle of Clomid so when I took soy I took less.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Does a cyst usually hurt? I don't have any pain. I've taken 100 mg of clomid and been ok so I'm not sure. Wondering if I should call my doctor sooner rather than later

December 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The exact same thing is happening to me, and its CD24 and still no O! Annoying!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search