What Did You Get For Christmas?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Angel_Maker
I know Lindsey was blessed with a this Christmas (congrats again girlie ) But what did bring you?

DH got me a GPS, which sadly I need even though I've lived here since I was 8 and SHOULD know my way around

My ILs got me a gift care to BRU and a couple of sleepers, some socks, and no scratch mittens for Marleigh & Ally.

My BIL (who was my Secret Santa) gave me $30 cash, so I spent that at Once Upon A Child today

My parents gave me $$ for a small chest freezer because I want to start doing once a month cooking They also bought Marleigh some books about adoption

I wasn't planning on spending any time with my mom because she and I have NOT been getting along at all, but considering that her dad died three days ago, it only made sense that I would overlook our differences and spend time together during the holidays

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas Looking forward to seeing a ton of s around here in 2011
December 26th, 2010, 05:26 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I got some clothes and some makeup both of which I needed.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

December 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Veteran
I got AF.

From relatives I got a new vaccuum, ornaments for the tree, a few odds and ends, and giftcards.

DH and I didn't exchange gifts, we did a huge exterior makeover of the house recently and bought new front/back doors to go with the new brick, so we kinda used those as our gift.

Brandi~the only positive about getting AF for x'mas is I'm hoping your magical recipe works for me!!

December 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Angel_Maker
Kim, I've got everything crossed girl! Lots of prayers headed your way!
December 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a huge Twilight fan, the books and movies. My mother in law got me an authentic movie still photo of Bella and Jacob from Eclipse signed by Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner. Its amazing and i just about screamed when i opened it.
DH got me some great shoes and clothes , so did my parents.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
December 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blanket from my Mom & step dad. Inlaws gave us an ornament. I got perfume, flat iron and new clothes from DH.
December 26th, 2010, 07:35 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
DH got me some scrap booking stuff and the new EA sports active 2- So far i would have to say it is waaaay better than the wii fit plus I am LOVING it

I also got a bunch shopping money from my MIL and some other more boring things

For my DH I made him a Calendar.... of Me haha my SIL and I worked together and made them for the hubbies lol. They turned out super HOT!! I look like a freakin' model lol. I was extremely pleased hehe, and DH's face was TO DIE FOR when he opened it LOL
December 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
DH and I got new wedding rings, we bought one for each other, because mine broke and I lost the diamond out of it =(

My grandparents and Father-in-law gave me money which will most likely be spent on books for school. My aunt gave me super warm boots, a comfy robe and some other clothes. I got a nice bath set from my brother's girlfriend and my Mom is getting me an e-reader. DH's mom gave us a bag FULL of goodies, it's our "Movie Night" with a DVD, lots of candies, cookies, and hot chocolate with mugs.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

December 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
FromEric and Caiden: A kindle!! And a sweatshirt... also a pair of VS pink sweats (for my surgery... I love these sweat pants, Ihave a ton of them haha), and The Sims 3, and Easy A on Blue Ray

From my parents: an ornament

From MIL: Ed hardy sweater

And random giftcards from various family

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gift cards to Limited, Express and The Buckle. I also got a Keurig and the new Nicholas Sparks book. Also clothes, a spa gift card and the Twilight movies.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I got a brand new camera from DH! Its the newest NIKON model and I LOVE it! I cant wait to use it when Mason gets here!

I also got a new tie blanket, some DVDs, slippers, board game, and Mario for Wii, shoes, and lots of gift cards from different places from everyone else!

December 27th, 2010, 01:23 PM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the ILs gave us our MVP(resent!) this year... A DRYER! now, i know this isn't exciting stuff for you north americans but for italy this is FANTASTIC! no more hanging things to dry! the other gifts were nice, too, but that was my favorite!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
December 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You don't have dryers in Italy? How do you dry your clothes? I am so glad you got one!!!

I got a photography book, a food marinater, an electric blanket (yeah!), some scrapbooking supplies and my parents got us tickets to the blue man group show. It was soooooooooooo much fun

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
DH got me a pair of earrings from Tiffany that I have been DYING for and a new coat. Love them!!! He is the best.
Parents gave us money to help pay off our washer/dryer/furniture (we moved into a new house this year).
In-laws gave me some clothes (which I am grateful for but are totally not my style and don't fit, so I'll be exchanging them...shhhhhh!)
I also got a bunch of Dunkin Donuts gift cards from various friends - my fave gift since I am obsessed with their coffee!!

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
December 27th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH got me a blue topaz pendant (Nathan's birthstone), my parents got me a dragonfly pendant with blue topaz stones as well (they nearly always get me similar gifts). My ILs got me sweatpants. My brother got me an Amazon gift certificate. It was a good day.
December 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim22 View Post
I got AF.

Got her as well.

DH got me a Bissell Little Green ProHeat. Which will be used to clean up his cat's puke. DH's mom got us a combined gift of a Roomba, his dad and step mom got me at $100 LB gift card, my parents got us a mini fridge for our room, and other family members just gave us cash.

made by BAM

December 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
@Holly- I love your gift!

Got a lot of nice stuff but my 3 favorites were:

From DH - I got an IPAD!!

From Mom - $$

From my good friend - I got a running bracelet, that I love. I don't have to carry my id or insurance card when I run anymore cuz this bracelt has a # that an EMT can call to get all my info! I LOVE IT!

OH and I have to mention that DH made me Ameretto Honey. (we went to Miami over the summer and found some and it is YUMMY, well we can't find it in Texas and shipping is expensive...more than cost of hunny!)

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search