New here!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone. It has been years since I've been to JM and in light of my current situation I've been reading the posts in here and thought I would come out of lurking and introduce myself.

I spent 2.5 years ttc my daughter with 2 miscarriages during that time as well. Successfully delivered DD in May 07. Have been ttc #2 for another 2.5 years now with absolutely no success. I went to the fertility clinic when ttc DD, but was already pregnant with her at my meet and greet appt and just didn't know it, so they never actually did anything for me back then. I have since moved 8 hours away from the city with the fertility clinic, so this time around I went to see an OB instead. OB put me on clomid for 7 months - I have been charting for over 5 years and have the CB fertility monitor and was clearly ovulating on my own, but not ovulating until cd 18 - 23 each month which can make for some pretty long cycles. On the clomid I ovulated on cd 16 every single month and always had a 29 day cycle. So, from that standpoint, I suppose clomid "worked", but no pregnancies resulted. I decided to return to the fertility clinic.

My doctor at the fertility clinic got me in right away and we did my first IUI last cycle. He upped my dosage of clomid to 100 mg. Needless to say, it was unsuccessful. I have unexplained infertility - no PCOS, no male factor, no endo, all tests come back great.

Now I have to take 2 months off because I am having my tonsils out in a few weeks. The doctor at the fertility clinic thinks it's a good idea to take a 2 month break from the clomid anyway because he is concerned about thinning of the lining. After the break he wants to try 3 more IUI cycles and then on to IVF.

I was just reading about the lemon water recipe post, and am really intrigued by it. Has anyone ever tried either of the following?

Co Enzyme Q10 : will improve blood flow to the uterus.
royal Jelly: it helps increase blood flow to the uterus which helps with the thickness of the uterine lining.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. If you have any comments/suggestions, I would love to hear them. I hope you all get BFP's very soon!
December 29th, 2010, 01:48 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Welcome to the group! It's always bittersweet when we get more people here because I wish no one had to deal with not being able to concieve! However, the girls here are amazing, and quickly will become people you can share the good and bad, ups and downs, all that goes along with TTCMA.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Hi and welcome! I am fairly new here as well. I'm ashley! Welcome to the group.. the ladies are very sweet and helpful. I'm sorry you have to join this group and I hope you get your bfp very soon! I've never tried nor heard of anyone trying the thing you mentioned - but maybe you should, you never know it could be your natural key to success!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

December 29th, 2010, 05:54 AM
FLAteacher's Avatar Loving the Toddler Life
Welcome! I am new to the TTCMA board. I am on CD 7....my last day for the clomid pill. I am taking 50mg.
I hope your tonsil removal is pain-free!

December 29th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks ladies, I appreciate your taking the time to read my post.

I'm now much older than I had "planned" for having kids and that, of course, doesn't make ttc any easier either. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to take me more than 5 years to conceive 2 children.

Thanks FLAteacher, I doubt I will get away with a pain free tonsil removal, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't take me down for more than 2 weeks!
December 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Regular
I have heard of both supplements being used for TTC, but I haven't used those myself. If you do try them, let us know how it goes! Always good to hear of different things that work.

And welcome, from another "new" person to TTCMA. I hate that anyone has to be here, but I wish you the best and that your stay here is short.
December 29th, 2010, 07:19 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Welcome! I haven't heard of either of those, but I hope they work for you!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 30th, 2010, 07:42 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Your Clomid adventures are similar to mine. I did lemon water for a cycle, but I've fallen off that bandwagon since I'm taking a semi-break until my February RE consultation. I haven't taken either thing for lining issues, but I have taken baby aspirin. Have also tried soy isoflavones, but my periods have gotten so super heavy since using it. I think I'm going au naturale until February.

Hoping your recovery from your surgery is quick so you can get back to business with TTC. Good luck!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

December 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome!! Im a grad now..but after being here for soo long...this is my home! I have heard of both of those supplements..i actually wanted to use them i just never got around to ordering them..We however have male and female factor and ivf did not work for us..i tried soy isoflavones and evening primerose oil..both $6 at walmart...and that was the trick for us..we were told we would never concieve on our own..but it happened!! So i sure hope that happens for you..hang in there girl..its tough i know (took us 3 years) but your time will come! HUGS!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 30th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Jesridge, I hope you get your bfp your first cycle back in Feb...I miss going au naturale, so I'm jealous!

Jessie, that's a super inspirational story, thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS for conceiving and now making it past 13 weeks!!!

What is the evening primrose oil supposed to be for and when/how much did you take?
December 30th, 2010, 11:47 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome to the group! It took DH and I over 2.5 years to conceive our daughter, so I can relate to the frustration you are feeling that it is taking SO long I hope that your tonsilectomy goes well and that you are once again TTC again soon!

Were you monitored on Clomid (did they do ultrasounds)? Clomid completely destroyed my lining, and I was only on 50mg for a couple of months. It is possible that although you are ovulating, your lining is unable to support a pregnancy. Sometimes estrogen injections/patches can help this, but sometimes the Clomid just has to go! I had also read that Royal Jelly and CoQ10 helped, and I took them both during our last 3 IUI cycles. I didn't get pregnant during these cycles, but I think that it is definitely worth trying!

Good luck, and I hope that you are posting your success story soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 31st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Jacquie!
January 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks KMH - I will definitely try those out to thicken the lining. They didn't do any u/s's while I was on clomid - my doctor at the fertility clinic is actually pretty mad that the ob gave it to me for so long without checking things out. I wish I had read a lot of these posts before starting to take it.
January 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Welcome, I am new here too, I just started my first round of clomid last month which failed, I am terrified to take it much longer after reading about it destroying someones lining, I am not being monitored either...hoping you'll get your bfp very soon!

January 3rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
FLAteacher's Avatar Loving the Toddler Life
I am getting monitored....actually just did the u/s this morning. This is my first cycle on clomid and the nurse said my lining looks good. I have been taking the Mucinex.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search