Question about Clomid.. *UPDATE* and another question lol

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
When did YOU Ovulate when you were on Clomid and what mg were you on. I'm only on 50mg this month, so i'm crossing my fingers i'll O, but if I don't, I know I will just need a higher dose or maybe even a trigger shot. Any insight appreciated! TIA!

--update!

I got my +++ OPK today! I took one around 1 or 2ish and it was negative, but getting darker. Then DH and I went on a date tonight and I picked up some Answer OPKs cause all I have is Easy Blue digi OPKs (I like to see the lines too) so I took one of each and the Answer took forever to get dark so I thought it was - but the I got a w/ on the digi! Here's the pic:

I'm on CD 15! I'm so excited to finally O!!! I just went back and looked and my the test line on my answer test is now way darker than the control.. it just took about a long while. More than however long it takes the digi to flash and for me to take the pic lol.

I have another question... when do I consider myself 1 dpo? I'm not temping b/c I never wake at the same time and plus with the holidays I didn't want to this month. I will next cycle though. We've been TTC about 6 months and NTNP for a long while before that and I have always been confused about how the dpo work. Am I 1dpo when I quit getting pos OPKs? TIA in for any help ladies, you are all great!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Last edited by Mommy2Maddox; December 30th, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
December 29th, 2010, 02:51 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I've only done 100mg Clomid, and used an ovidrel trigger for all my MA, but we saw mature follicles usually around CD 18. I had a very late O with cloimid.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 29th, 2010, 05:54 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did 2 cycles of 100mg. One of them we used the trigger shot but I o'ed on time with the other cycle. Is the doctor going to monitor you with Ultrasounds and/or bloodwork?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
FLAteacher's Avatar Loving the Toddler Life
This is my first cycle using clomid. 50mg. They ordered the trigger shot and the waxy thing that I have to insert into myself.

December 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took 50mg of Clomid CD 3-7 and always Od CD 17 (without Clomid I Od about CD 20-25, but I was Oing on my own...) HTH. Good luck!

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

December 29th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't O'ing on my own and I never O'd with 50mg of clomid either (follicles weren't stimulated enough). I did however O on 100mg with a trigger shot and got PG the first time. GL!!

December 29th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Regular
Normally, I O on average around CD 50. On my very first round of Clomid, I used 50 mg CD 3-7 and O'd on CD 24. We conceived DD that cycle.

I have had 4 rounds of Clomid in 2010 in TTC #2. I kept up with Clomid 50 mg for all of those, because my doc said that the lowest dose that can affect ovulation is what I should use, especially since more will only thin my lining/dry up my CM even more.

I found that the more cycles I used Clomid, the more my O date moved up. My first round in 2010 had me O on CD 24, the next was CD 18, and the last two had me at CD 15 both times. So if the first round doesn't move it up enough for you, give your body another cycle or two to adjust and move your O date forward. Some people need it!

Good luck and HTH!
December 29th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
You should talk to your Dr about monitoring and blood work! Clomid sometimes doesn't work, can thin your lining, or create to many follicles. Also I've had large follicles but the one cycle I didn't do a trigger I didn't O till day 19, when I was Oing on my own day 22.

made by BAM

December 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Regular
Hmm. I swear I left a response. Please forgive me if you see two posts from me on this! LOL

I O on average around CD 50. With DD, we were on our first round of Clomid 50 mg - I O'd on CD 24 with her.

I have had 4 rounds of Clomid in 2010, all of them were 50 mg because I do ovulate and respond to that dose (the doc says that any more will just make my lining/dry CM issues worse). My first round had me O on CD 24, then CD 18, then the last two were on CD 15. Sometimes, it takes your body a little bit to adjust to the hormones and respond.

HTH!

ETA: I always took Clomid on CD 3-7.

Last edited by Crunchymama08; December 29th, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
December 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did 4 months of 50mg from days 3-7 and O'd on cd 16 for all of those cycles. I did 2 months of 50mg from days 1-5 and O'd on cd 16 for those too. I did 1 month of 100 mg from days 3-7 and O'd on cd 17 for that cycle.

Taking clomid from days 1-5 can increase the chance of multiples, but recent studies have shown a greater overall success rate in some women than 3-7 so we decided to give that a shot too.
December 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I did 4 cycles of 100 mg. The first two cycles I O'd quite a bit later than usual (I ovulate on my own). I think it was cd 26 the first one and then 24 the 2nd. The last two cycles were closer to day 18. So Clomid definitely made me O later than normal.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I don't O on my own. I do have periods but lately they are whacky.. I have PCOS. I don't understand why he isn't monitoring me with b/w and u/s because w/ PCOS what if I produce a ton of follies and have high order multiples. I see him again on the 4th and I'm going to talk to him about it again. My DH is in the army and we're moving to WA state Feb. 18th so I'll have a new dr. soon anyway, so i'm sure i'll have a new protocol before long as well.

December 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes the lower doses of Clomid are actually better for some people! I O'd on 50mg of Clomid around cd 17 (also used a trigger shot). I actually got pg that cycle (my first cycle on Clomid), but m/c (not related to Clomid).

The reason I say that the lower doses are better for some people is because, in my experience, the lower dose allowed me to have a much thicker lining. The higher the dose I had, the thinner my lining became and I did not get pg. I had to stop taking Clomid altogether because I was having serious s/e (vision changes). Then I had to go to injections and became pg my first cycle of injections. When we start again, I can't do Clomid again, due to the s/e...so I'll go back to injections.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 30th, 2010, 01:18 PM
tetchy's Avatar N.A.K.
Laaaate, I o'd late every time. With dd1 I took 50mg and o'd day 19-21. With my current pg I took the same dose and o'd on day 24. Very late is common on Clomid, I'm sure you know. But, I wouldn't write off a cycle until day 28. From my experience (being part of a pcos forum) and talking with my dr Clomid VERY rarely results in more than twins. I wouldn't be too worried about multiples.

Beautiful Piggy By Julieta Beautiful Soggy By Beautiful Saggy By Julita raBeautiful Siggy By Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*

Last edited by tetchy; December 30th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
December 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks ladies y'all have been super helpful

December 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
update! 12/30!

December 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Regular
Most people will ovulate 12-24 hours after they detect an LH surge (with an OPK). Usually a temp shift happens for me from 1-3 days after a positive OPK. I would say you ovulate either today or tomorrow then! Get BUSY woman!
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
December 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I usually count my O date from about 36 hours from positive test (or trigger shot!)

GOOD LUCK!!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search