Popping over with a ? on progesterone injections...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
I was wondering if anyone here has had them?

Can you tell me about your experience please?

(I don't post here often, once in a blue moon... I'm Celena TTCAL cohost) Sorry for not posting more often and just coming with a question. I don't know many people who've had these and looking for experiences if any?

thank you ladies!!
December 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Celena

I have done about 2 weeks worth of Progesterone injections in the past. I had the nurse draw circles on my upper outer umm....hips...uh... you get the picture. I would draw up the PIO with an 18g needle, and then switch to a 25g to inject. Then I would lay down on the bed and bend the knee of my top leg a little, clean the spot I was going to inject, and insert the needle with a dart like motion. I found that even though the needle looked scary, it went in very easily, and painlessly. After pulling back on the plunger a bit, to make sure there was no blood in it, I would inject the medicine slowly and steadily, and then pull out the needle. I would always have DH at the ready with a bandaid. After the bandaid was on, I would put a heating pad on the site, and DH would give it a little massage. HTH!

December 30th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Agenda, thank you lol I appreciate you giving me your routine. I was hoping to be able to do these myself, Dh isn't going to able to go to the appt with me to learn how to do them.

I hear they're super thick and leave you pretty sore... anything like tetnus shots, that thick stuff you can feel as they push down the plunges
December 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I did them during my pregnancy with the twins, because they have been shown to help prevent preterm labor.

The needle is way scarier looking than it feels. My husband did mine, and it really wasn't bad at all. I did get a bit sore. The progesterone is really thick, so it does take a sec to draw up, and also to inject.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search