Very concerned now :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Ok, I am completely terrified now...I read a post from someone on here that said their lining was completely messed up on clomid, only 50mg for a couple months, I am going onto my second month of clomid 50mg but I am not being monitored, I only thought the monitoring was to make sure their wasn't too many follies resulting in multiples but I am not concerned about that, I won't be given more then I can handle but now I am reading around online that thining of the lining is a main reason you should be monitored, so now I have myself so scared that one of my eggs can become fertilized but not properly implant due to a thin lining...I don't plan on taking the clomid more then 3-4 months tops, but I am still so scared now, I don't want to be making my efforts even worse by taking clomid. I will say that my period right now is heavier and more painful then any period I have had in awhile, do you think thats because I may have produced more then one egg my first round of clomid? I ovulate fine, I am only on it to increase my eggs because we have unexplained fertility. Do you think I should have my ob check to make sure my lining isn't thinning too much? Does your insurance usually cover an u/s for something like that? My dh will not let me pay out of pocket for something like that...I don't know what I should do.

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; January 2nd, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
January 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
You should be monitored because of cysts, high number follicles, thin lining, not responding, and possible other issue.

made by BAM

January 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Regular
It's really hard to say. I know there are some supplements you can take to counteract the thinning of the lining as well, and that could help. I've read wheat germ oil, B6 supplements, even baby aspirin can help. I would ask your doc if those supplements are OK to use first (particularly the aspirin - some folks can't handle an aspirin regimen).

I wouldn't worry too much; the thinnest lining I've ever had (3.5!) was when I got pregnant with my daughter! My doc at the time told me that she's seen a lot of other women with thin linings have good healthy pregnancies.

Unfortunately, getting an u/s to check your lining would probably not be covered by insurance, unless there was a medical (not fertility) reason for it.
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I know in my case insurance paid for it, and I was in for ultrasounds by at least CD 10 and then every other day until O, and a baseline every month on CD 3.

Definately voice your concerns with your RE or OBGYN!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 2nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchymama08 View Post
It's really hard to say. I know there are some supplements you can take to counteract the thinning of the lining as well, and that could help. I've read wheat germ oil, B6 supplements, even baby aspirin can help. I would ask your doc if those supplements are OK to use first (particularly the aspirin - some folks can't handle an aspirin regimen).

I wouldn't worry too much; the thinnest lining I've ever had (3.5!) was when I got pregnant with my daughter! My doc at the time told me that she's seen a lot of other women with thin linings have good healthy pregnancies.

Unfortunately, getting an u/s to check your lining would probably not be covered by insurance, unless there was a medical (not fertility) reason for it.
This makes me feel better that you conceived your dd with a thin lining...I thought I might be setting myself up for a miscarriage...knowing my stingy insurance, they wouldn't pay for the u/s, its like a mortgage payment paying for it every month though they are don't want to cover anything!

January 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on clomid for 7 months and have no clue if my lining is thin or not. I am going to request an u/s to find out and am prepared to take supplements to improve the situation if there is a problem. I really wish I had known the potential lining issues before taking clomid (I should have done more research). As someone who has tried for a number of years and had some miscarriages in that time, I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely devastated I would be if I finally got pregnant only to miscarry because of a thin lining caused by clomid. Because of that, if I were in your situation, I would request u/s monitoring if I decided to continue with clomid. I think that I would be more inclined to try soy isoflavones though because they are supposed to have the positive effects on ovulation that clomid has without the unfortunate side effects (thinning of the lining, hot flashes, etc.).

Good luck with whatever you decide.
January 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Thank you, if no success on clomid by Feb/March I am stopping, I have 2 refills left. I, like you would be unbelievably devestated to endure such a long journey just to have a miscarriage from a thin lining, I struggled for 26 months to conceive my son and now onto 15 months TTC # 2...I was just reading the post about Brandi and others success with soy, lemon water, and geritol...I am going to add the lemon water and geritol this month and start the soy if no luck with clomid in a couple months.

January 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Can you take prometrium after ovulation? does that do anything?

January 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I would check with the insurance before ruling them paying out. I know my job before I became a SAHM actually paid for IVF and I'd never had guessed until someone told me she was going through IVF. My insurance now pays for everything but IUI and IVF.

made by BAM

January 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sorry to have scared you...I was the one who posted about the problems with Clomid. I definitely wasn't trying to say that this happens to all women or that it would definitely prevent pregnancy...it was just my experience, and lots of other women have very different results. For many women, all it takes is a little boost of Clomid, and they are on their way to a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck! I hope that you and your doctor can find a plan that works!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Melissa....Clomid's affects really depend on the individual. A lot of women love it and it works fine for them...other women (myself included) had lining issues.

To counteract the lining issues, my doctor had me take Estrace vaginally. It helped a bit...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks and no need to apologize, you were just stating what happened to you but it did scare me, but I have a tendency to be a worrier and just reading things and imagining it happening to me worries me to death...I wish I didn't worry so much. I just feel like I had to try sooo long for my son and am trying so long again, I don't want to screw anything up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search