Armed and ready...now what?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went out and bought fresh lemons, evening primrose oil and B100's (combination B vitamins). I tried at 3 stores to find soy isoflavones with no luck. I tried googling to see if there were places in Canada to buy them, but haven't had much luck there either. If I can't find them, I can always get family to send them up from the US, but I was wondering if anyone here was maybe from Canada and had bought them?

So, now that I have all this stuff (and once I get the soy), is there a link or something somewhere that gives me a daily regimen set of instructions for each of it? I read the bottles, but they mention dosages for things other than fertility, and I'm unsure if the dosages are the same. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!
January 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I think I've read most doing a 1/2 lemon mixed with water 1 to 2 times a day. I take evening primrose oil and I take 2 500mg pills a day...once in morning and once at night and I stop taking them once ovulation is confirmed, for some reason your not supposed to take evening primrose oil after ovulation and can switch to flaxseed oil after ovulation, I read that several places. Not sure what to do with the B100's though, whats that for?

January 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Regular
*cracking fingers* Ok! Let me just tell ya my dosages. I based these on studies I've read (YAY Google Scholar/DH's medical journals! ), and also from talking to my doc for some of them and what not. It's a good thing you asked this on a Sunday, which is when I refill my pill dispenser!

Unless specified otherwise, I take these every day.

Flaxseed Oil (Spring Valley, Walmart stuff)
3000 mg/day

Fish Oil (TJ's Molecularly distilled Salmon Oil)
1000 mg/day

Baby Aspirin
81 mg/day

Iron
325 mg/day (I was anemic even on my prenatal)

Prenatal (Spring Valley)
1/day

Folic Acid
5 800mcg/day (This is in addition to the 800 mg that's in my prenatal - you can do less. This is based on a few studies I've read about better conception rates with a megadose of this stuff. It's water soluble, so you will pee out any excess.)

Evening Primrose Oil
2-3 1000 mg/day (I take 3 on my AF days and 2 the rest of the time, up until I ovulate then I discontinue until CD 1 rolls back around. I highly suggest charting/temping to confirm ovulation if you take a supplement that you have to discontinue after you ovulate.)

Soy Isoflavones
5 40mg pills/day (I only take these on CD 3-7. This cycle is weird because I started them much later, we'll see how that all shakes out! Generally, I've read that you should double the mg in soy that you take in Clomid - so start out with 100mg/day of soy if you've not done Clomid yet and up it from there as you see fit.)

B6
100 mg/day (another water soluble vitamin, and your pee will be VERY neon from it!)

B Complex w/ Vitamin C
300 mg vitamin C
15 mg vitamin B-1
10.2 mg vitamin B-2
50 mg Niacin
5 mg vitamin B6
Also includes some calcium and other minerals. I take one of these every day.
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Regular
I also do the lemon water thing, and peppermint tea. I drink only organic milk (I love milk!) and eat organic meat. I try to get organic-only food, but it's not as common around here as I'd like. I do pretty well with limiting the rgbh synthetic hormone, though.

I eat Stonyfield yogurt, and they include a ton of extra probiotics, which I hope will keep things on an even keel down below.

I don't drink soda or iced tea (only decaf hot tea). I've also given up (as of yesterday, for New Year's ) my greatest love: coffee.

Not sure if you wanted my full regimen, but there it is.
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 3rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure where in Canada you live but I've seen soy isoflavones in many health stores, but not in regular pharmacies. I hope you find them!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you guys SO much, that was way more information than I was hoping for and I'm thrilled!

Crunchy - Except for the iron, I think I will follow your regimen. I have never drank coffee and I take extra pro-biotics. We have a huge selection of organic dairy and produce which we always buy, but I have not found organic meats anywhere. Disappointing, I was thinking of talking to someone at the butcher to find out more, there has to be somewhere to get non-chemically "enhanced" meat.

Servilia - Thanks, I had only tried regular pharmacies so far, I will head to morning sun health foods today and see what they have. (I'm in Alberta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchymama08 View Post
I highly suggest charting/temping to confirm ovulation if you take a supplement that you have to discontinue after you ovulate.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I do chart, I will go add a link to my siggy now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search