first cycle of soy and I'm loving it :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies..

I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to update on my first cycle trying the Soy/Lemon/Geritol/Tea method. I'm on CD10...took the soy days 3-7. I don't recall ever see'ing a positive OPK before cd 16, so I'm going to start testing tomorrow morning. With different meds, my O has been all over the place, so I'm excited to see when I will actually get a positive with the soy.

What I can report is OH MY I feel so much better than I have in previous cycles. I don't know what it is specifically, or if its everything combined, but my mood is much better. I have typically been very quick tempered, moody, just not enjoying much of anything for a long while and I can see a huge difference. Also, my interest in BD'ing has increased drastically, which my husband seems to be enjoying...LOL.

I am loving the peppermint tea and to give the lemon water a different taste, I have been making a cup of peach flavored tea and adding the lemon to that with a bit of honey.....really good IMO.

There have been so many posts about everyone trying this......who else is actually doing it this cycle with me??...I am really anxious to see if anyone else gets a bfp this month.

Lots of luck!!!

January 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to try the soy next cycle, it's good to hear so many great things about it!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
January 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
This was my first cycle of it. I love the side effect but my body seems really, really confused.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 3rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I've been using the lemon/geritol so far and am waiting on AF to show. I have the soy ready and waiting. And my mood has been SO much better. I hadn't thought about it before this post, but I have been so upbeat and happy since I added the lemon and geritol. Hubby is taking the geritol as well.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
January 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
I am takin the soy/gertiol/lemon/peppermint tea/and dhea mixture this cycle and i must add that I too feel less moody. I havent even been tired like i am usually. Hmmm even if i dont get a bfp this cycle its nice to feel like this. I might make this a regular regimen. i actually like the lemon water and tea. I am also drinkin lots of water in between so alls good on this end.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

January 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I am going to start lemon and geritol tonight before bed and will continue it this cycle, I won't start the soy just yet because I am on clomid, 2-3 more months of clomid (hoping I won't need that) and then I'll do soy and no more clomid, everyone keep us updated on any positive news results from this regimen!

January 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Regular
Well this cycle I'm a little bit off, but not too much.

I started the lemon water thing this past weekend, and it's been interesting. I'm making my way through two 2-lb bags of organic lemons, so we'll see how I feel at the end of it. I'm hopeful that I'll start feeling the same "citrus high" (if you will) that you guys feel!

For the past couple cycles, I've ramped up my supplements to where I get some good omega 3s, balance out my iron, stuff like that. So I'm starting to get in the game with that!

Due to where the holidays landed on this cycle, I took my soy starting on CD 10. My body has already done the crappy thing it does where it gears up to O, but then doesn't, so we'll see if the soy ever ultimately wins out.

So far, I'm enjoying some better CM (thank God) and definitely feeling more in the mood (DH is doing a happy dance somewhere over that!). Hopefully I'll O before CD 40-ish (my usual)!
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I am on CD6. I am doing, lemon, peppermint and spearmint tea medly, and Estroven for the soy isoflavones (I am doubling them 2 a day, haven't died yet). I am not doing Geritol though, because I already have my womens one a day and extra calcium and folic acid that I take.

I too am feeling pretty darned good! Here's hoping it works for us!
January 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Wow....we have a lot of ladies trying this....can't wait to see some bfp's!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search