Pretty sure this is bad news.. (UPDATE in post 13)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Oh I hope you get a RX for some progesterone suppositories STAT! I'm shocked they are making you wait!!!

I am SO GLAD your numbers doubles, and will continue to pray for you and your LO!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 6th, 2011, 12:50 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I, too, am confused on making you wait.... I'd demand progesterone right now, honestly. like now.

I'll continue hoping that your beanie keeps on growing and your progesterone and hcg goes up as it should!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 6th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Regular
Now, look this up (or ask your doc) to be sure, but from what I understand you should take Prometrium, not Provera for sustaining a pregnancy. I would ask your doc NOW to get a Rx - I am shocked they didn't give you one after those results!!

I hope the pain and bleeding ends for you soon!!
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
YAY for good news!! But I am also shocked that they didnt give you any progesterone. My RE wanted it 20 and above...even with doing PIO injections once a day mine never got much higher than 20 and even dipped to 19.1 at one point. I was on injections until 12 weeks. There are lots of different kinds of progesterone they can give you though, but to be honest I would call and request some. In my mind whether they are thinking its a m/c or not they should have given you some just to be safe!! I still say you are VERY pregnant!! Your numbers are looking alot like mine did. Oh and I also had bleeding and cramping early on...actually had a SCH (subchronic hematoma)!

January 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your progesterone is dangerously low with being pregnant. You need some supplements right away!

Its great that your numbers doubled though! You absolutely can not let a day go by without getting progesterone though, even if you have to run to the store and get some progesterone cream, yours is just way too low!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 6th, 2011, 01:20 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchymama08 View Post
Now, look this up (or ask your doc) to be sure, but from what I understand you should take Prometrium, not Provera for sustaining a pregnancy. I would ask your doc NOW to get a Rx - I am shocked they didn't give you one after those results!!

I hope the pain and bleeding ends for you soon!!
Provera (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate) :: Health-Science.Com ::

Yeah, I wouldn't take the provera. That site says you should stay away from it. You need to get prometrium. I would call right now and demand it! Good luck!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

January 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I have progesterone cream at home I am slathering on.. Ugh this has been kind of a beautiful nightmare so far.
January 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I will second what all the other ladies are saying. DEMAND your DR gives you an Rx for prometrium ASAP your levels are dangerously low. I am very very pissed they didnt give it to you right away!
January 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything turns out OK!

January 6th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Angel_Maker
I am so glad to hear that your numbers more than doubled. I everyone else about the progesterone

Tons of prayers!
January 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Thank you ladies for everything.. I am just praying they continue to go up and it's not ectopic and that they put me on progesterone supplements and...you know, all of it..
January 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popping in with my 2 cents ...

Call NOW and ask for the Prometrium suppositories !
My local CVS has them on hand ... your Dr can call in the RX.

I have always taking Prometrium starting with 2 days ofter ovulation ... hoping to get that uterus good and sticky.

{{ HUGS }}

Keeping you in my thoughts !!

January 6th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with calling now and DEMANDING the Prometrium!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
January 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Thanks girls! I have my appt bright and early at 9am for ultrasound and going over blood results.. Can't wait to see what it all looks like! AND get my progesterone!
January 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Just lurking on here. I'm so glad you have an appointment and definitely agree with the other girls about the progesterone. Mine was 13 when I miscarried, but 53 with my past pregnancy and they still kept me on progesterone until I was around 10-11 weeks.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes well tomorrow.
January 7th, 2011, 04:25 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
when you go to your doctors appoitment please make sure they give you a rx for prometrium. Looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes this morning.
January 7th, 2011, 07:50 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
how are you today???? has the bleeding completely stopped? how was your appointment?? Did you get progesterone.. You really need to get ur dr to give you it.. your level is way to low....( My problem was my progesterone.. i kept getting pregnant and losing it because of progesterone) so progesterone scares me..

u did ivf right? dont they always give progesterone with ivf?

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
January 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Cant wait to hear how it went!! Praying for good news for you and your bean!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search