What is the difference?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between Clomid and Gonal F, I did 4 rounds of clomid, got pg once but MC'd. Now I'm moving on the Gonal. Any insights?

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
January 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I actually never used Gonal F...my clinic preferred Follistim instead, but they do the same thing. They are injectable medications used to stimulate the ovaries to produces more follicles and hopefully better quality eggs. Are you doing IUI with it or just Timed Intercourse? I have heard of both so I am just curious.

Goodluck!! I know Im not alot of information having never used it, but I hope that helped. I am sure there are some ladies on here that have used it before!

January 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are going to do an IUI. I see you are pregs..congrats.

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
January 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Injectables tend to give you more eggs than clomid because it's more potent medication.
Good luck!
January 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Thank you!! It took us 3 years and lots of MA to finally get to this point, but thank goodness for science because we are now expecting our little FET miracle baby! Hope its ok that I posted here and it didnt upset you! I know how hard TTCMA is.

And goodluck with your IUI. I was much less stressed for my IUI cycle than any of my cycles. No idea why, and I actually found the injectable meds gave me less side effects then clomid. Crazy I know, but I hope its the same for you!

January 7th, 2011, 06:53 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Really? The injectibles were easier than Clomid?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Injectables act directly on your ovaries, to help produce multiple follicles. Clomid acts on the estrogen receptors in your brain (if I remember correctly???) to help with ovulation.

Also, for me, injections were sooooo much easier than Clomid. I had horrible s/e with Clomid (headaches, moodiness, vision changes) and it also thinned my lining, which prevented implantation. I got pregnant my first cycle on injections though!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search