When you have gone to the RE, what did you find out.... (loss ment) long

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
(I'm Celena, lurking from TTCAL again)

from all the testing?

I went to the RE last year thru spring to the beginning of summer for recurrent loss testing, but she did pretty much the whole infertility workup on me. The 20+ viles of blood for all those tests, think I kept a log in my journal at ttcal cannot remember. Endo biopsy, pc test, hsg and whatever else that is fleeting my mind right now.

I did find out a couple things... ureaplasma infection which DH and I were both treated and rechecked to be clear for after. Then at the hsg I found I have a totally blocked / lost left tube which more than likely resulted from the ectopic pregnancy I lost in Feb'10. I honestly think it ruptured from all the pain I went thru.

Anyone here get tested for PID? If so how did they test for it? How did they treat you?

I asked about it today when I went to the peri's office to talk to the NP there... asked if she would do a pap and check for some things at the follow-up appt. (going thru a loss right now) I'm concerned that my fertility is even more jepordized than previously thought. It's reduced by 50% from the loss of the tube, but else. DH and I have been ttc for 3 years this april 1st, this pregnancy I'm losing it took a year to conceive.

We've discussed IUI as a lesser expensive effort if we cannot successfully do this. My RE is not pro-clomid, she's extremely apprehensive to prescribe it as well as the progesterone. (which at my hsg which was the last time I had seen her, she said she would start me one it RIGHT AWAY when I got a bfp) Then when I did get a bfp, the nurse said that they wanted me to get all this bloodwork before deciding what to do. That if my progesterone was low I probably am having another ectopic, gee thanks for the vote of optimism! You'd think bein a fertility clinic as well the rn would have a better bedside manner! Anyways.

I have progesterone injections left from when they prescibed them for me for this LO I'm losing, so I figured I'd start them right away if we decide to ttcal and get a + hpt. Which I'll also ask the dr about at the follow-up so I'm not "self-medicating"

Please share anything you think might be helpful for me to persue... I'm at my wits end and at the moment angry to the point of giving up

January 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you are staying on top of everything & your knowledge in this area is great! Kowledge truly is power, so the more proactive you can be with your own fertility, the better.
I hope you get your sticky BFP soon!
January 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Thank you very much!

There's still so much to know and I can't wait to get all my records so I can see for myself. Wished I'd of done that before tho... a friend of mine kept telling me to and I just kept putting off not finding the time to do it. Well now I really need to.

I don't know what we're going to do, we haven't decided and haven't even really talked about it yet... too fresh. I know DH doesn't want this to happen anymore and neither do I. It's too early for me to say for sure I'm really done, it's just my anger speaking...

January 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I got all my initial testing before I did IUI's and then IVF, I found out a few things:
1. I had MTHFR mutation, which means basically my body doesn't use or absorb folic acid properly...can be corrected with folic acid supplements for the specific gene mutation I have.
2. I have high FSH, which means low quantity and poor quality of eggs

Also found I had some scar tissue on one tube from a bit of endo.

That's about it. Good luck to you!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
January 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM
ok, now do they know whether that is / was a factor in the fertility/pregnancy for you... MTHFR has so many mixed information about it out there. Did you have one or two copies of the mutation?

January 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
(I'm Celena, lurking from TTCAL again)

Anyone here get tested for PID? If so how did they test for it? How did they treat you?

I was treated for PID in college (though I never figured out how in the devil I got it, if that's what it really was). They did an abdominal and pelvic u/s. The treatment was IV antibiotics two days in a row. STRONG antibiotics. They had to give me nausea medicine with it because it made me so sick.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 7th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Paige,

I've read it can happen from a NUMBER of things even things like trauma, childbirth, sex, messed up bacterial levels, etc. Altho I hate that it's always associated with sexually transmitted diseases, I've never "slept around" I can count on both hands the guys I've ever slept with in my lifetime! I've had female problems since I was in preschool tho with excessive discharge and chronic yeast infections, bladder/kidney infections simultaniously, cancerous cells on my cervix as a teen, etc. early menstration at 9yrs old. I've had an IUD which can cause it, so that's why I'm determined to get that checked out.

January 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't seen an re just my Ob. From the testing we've done the issue is my cycle more or less. I'm not o-ing at the right time and low progesterone levels on day 21. I told my Ob I'm done ttc then having a loss. She agreed. We are doing femera, trigger shot, and progesterone as a one last effort for now. My fsh was normal but she said it can't hurt at this point.
I think it really helps that my Ob has btdt and know how crappy this all is. Otherwise my old o. Would be waiting for a 4 th loss ( since we had dd between loss 1 and 2 my old Ob did not care since it wasn't 3 in a row).
I hope y'all get some answers. and the re is helpful in a "plan" for future.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search