Going to reintroduce myself here, it's been a year...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Hello ladies,

I'm Celena, a couple weeks shy of 34 years old. DH is 32, 33 in April. We've been trying to conceive together since April 2008. We had our first pregnancy together June which ended July 30th, 2009; we immediately got pg again only for a dr to treat me as if it were residual tissue or possible ectopic with methotrexate which I got a second opinion who in fact confirmed it was a new pregnancy which ended Aug 21st, 2009; fast forwarding a little to Christmas 2009 at which time we conceived only to find out it was possibly ectopic around my birthday Jan 2010 and was treated with methotrexate injections losing our LO Feb 7th, 2010. Currently going thru our 4th loss together, we had found out prior to Christmas and yesterday 01/06/2011 it was confirmed I'm going thru a loss. Sac was just seen days before that

I haven't been on medications yet specifically like clomid, fermara, etc... however I have seen the RE from last spring thru early summer for tons of testing and procedures. HSG June 6th, 2010 revealed left tube totally blocked and it looks like my right is narrow. (God I've never admitted that to anyone until now) So here I am.

We've contemplated IUI, but I don't know what we're going to do yet... give up or move forward. As far as IVF tho we definitely cannot afford that right now. I honestly think he needs an SA even tho the PC test came out good for me and she could see a good amount of his swimmers. (btw, that was neat to look at under the microscope)

I've tried allot of the "natural" mimicking supplements like soy iso, dhea, etc. geritol, lemon water, green tea... now I guess it's time to talk to the RE yet again.

So yes, I struggle with infertility... a red flag should have popped up in my mind when it took us 15, 16 months to even get pg the first time. Altho for the first several months I was being bounced around on a fibro dx as well as a guinea pig for meds for that. So I thought perhaps those meds prevented me from getting pregnant and it was for the better I thought.

This is a super short jist about me, ask questions if you'd like. Some people who visit here already know me very well like Missy, and a few others.

January 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a pretty similar story myself. I'm only lurking but have been posting again here over the last few days off and on. We started TTC in March 2008, immediate pregnancy only to lose it a few days later. I seem to get pregnant once a year and lose it very quickly, before it can even be confirmed through blood tests.

We've done all the RE appts for a year and even done IUI, with no luck. I've had surgeries, HSG and a few other procedures, and it seems like we are now just biding our time until we can afford IVF, or some natural approach works.

I'm kinda reintroducing myself here too, so welcome back from someone who is in the same shoes!

January 7th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
It's nice to meet you!

I've been a lurker more than anything, ever here too. Popping out with a question here and there... my home is with the girls at ttcal and I'm also the cohost there as well. (you're welcome to lurk there or pop out n say hello) There's several of us who've been on this long haul trying and losing, trying and losing. As well as those fly-by's which btw I have a HARD TIME dealing with. I realize those are the ladies who don't have a fertility issue and just had horrible one time occurence of loss.

Did you ever request copies of all your labs, procedures and stuff?

I am in the process of getting mine from the RE and am going to research all the bloodwork first and then go from there... I want to KNOW everything, all the numbers and find out for myself what is in there. I swear there's something I'm not being told somewhere. Also going to go back to my rheumatologist to get more autoimmune testing before my ins runs out again.

January 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man that's not a bad idea. We never "fired" our RE, but we did just stop trying all medical procedures and all TTC. I never even thought about getting a copy of our chart

January 7th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I just hate being bs'd to death by doctors who think I'm just some ignorant fool off the street that they can pass whatever crap out of their mouth they can say to me and try to make me think they give a crap.

Had way too many bad tastes left in my mouth from them, I don't know why there's so many *bad* doctors out there! I KNOW there's good ones out there in all fields, but geesh! Have noticed they don't like it when we know so much about everything, but at least we can call their bluff's on some of the stuff they try to pass off so that they take the extra steps other than just settling for the easy way.

Sorry for the rant. I'm feeling a little fiesty in that area right now.

January 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
Sorry for the rant. I'm feeling a little fiesty in that area right now.
With good reason to... Love you!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search