After having tons of testing at RE... a ?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Have you had results turn up negative the first time, then positive the second for certain testing like mutations, clotting disorders, endo biopsies (which shouldn't there be more than one to be conclusive due to the effected areas aren't always in one spot?), CD testing, fsh and all that?

January 8th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had this with TSH.. I was tested twice in October and the results were 1.6 and 2.1. Then in December it was 4.78 which my RE said was borderline (she likes it under 4) so she retested it and it came back at 8 last week! Other than that everything came back normal.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes and no- when I had my hcg and progesterone checked in October before I m/c my Ob said she wanted to see just close to 10, mine was 7 (on progesterone). She said it was fine. But cd 21 was also 7 and she said it was too low. We repeat on the 20th. But overall that is too low. So I guess it depends on the doc and what they define as normal and individually what is going on.
That's the only test I've had done more than once. I usually ask doc's what is borderline or close too borderline if everything is normal. Then repeat or treat as neccesary.
January 9th, 2011, 08:41 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally never dealt with that, but I know many stories where that has happened!
January 9th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Nope, we had genetic testing. Mine has always come back normal, but DH's didn't. Our son has the same thing DH has. They weren't sure of clotting issues, but they put me on baby aspirin prior to getting pregnant and the whole pregnancy just in case.

made by BAM

January 10th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
As far as I know, there are certain things that will never change bc they are genetic problems, stuff like clotting disorders and mutations. You're born with them. I DO know that TSH, FSH and other hormones can vary from cycle to cycle - I have a family friend who is a retired RE, and one of the first things he told me was to have my thyroid re-tested. It was perfectly normal with my pg back in September, but he said that a pregnancy/loss can make your TSH all screwy (like what happened with Servilia).

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
January 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots216 View Post
I have a family friend who is a retired RE, and one of the first things he told me was to have my thyroid re-tested. It was perfectly normal with my pg back in September, but he said that a pregnancy/loss can make your TSH all screwy (like what happened with Servilia).

I agree with that! My primary dr tested mine yearly. Well June 2008 was when the problem popped up when my RE tested it again. I was put on a low dose of synthroid. When I got pregnant they had to up my dose. I've had to stay on that dose since. I get it checked every 3ish months now.

made by BAM

January 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots216 View Post
As far as I know, there are certain things that will never change bc they are genetic problems, stuff like clotting disorders and mutations. You're born with them. I DO know that TSH, FSH and other hormones can vary from cycle to cycle - I have a family friend who is a retired RE, and one of the first things he told me was to have my thyroid re-tested. It was perfectly normal with my pg back in September, but he said that a pregnancy/loss can make your TSH all screwy (like what happened with Servilia).
I did some research and think I remember reading that it's difficult to interpret thyroid test results in pregnant women because both hcg and estrogen affect the thyroid hormone levels. At the time I got the normal results I was still pregnant (or my hcg was still very very high). I actually hope that my thyroid condition DID exist during my pregnancies since it's the only clue as to what caused my miscarriages. But I guess we'll never know! I just hope treating it will prevent future miscarriages.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search