I hope you girls dont mind...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me sticking around despite the decision I have come to. I cant take it anymore, we started TTC in Nov 08 and I would have never, NEVER thought I would be here a little over two years later still doing this crap and going through all the heartache and loss ive been through. I need a mental break, and honestly feel I need more than that. I need to be done. That is why at this point I am done TRYING to have a baby until we are ready for IVF. Obviously we will not be preventing anything, but I will not temp, I will not use OPK's, I will not be depressed if we cannot dtd around O time...etc. We have talked and if im not pregnant by summer/early fall then we will definitely do IVF.

We all know how it is, something happens and it really bothers you and you make a rash decision and after you calm down and breathe its all okay so I may change my mind next month or a few months from now. But for the time being, this is where im at.

I hope you'll still have me, as this has become where I feel most comfortable. And TTCMA is still a part of me and unfortunately always will be
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
That is EXACTLY where I'm at. Rob and I are NTNP for a bit. I need an emotional/physical healing period. Clomid and triggers and Provera and all that have been hard on me...well, us. He gets to deal with me. This miscarriage really destroyed me but it also changed my perspective a bit. I want to take time to just enjoy being young and in love with my husband. Right now, all we have to worry about are bills and dogs. And we can manage those and find time to travel a little and to just be us again. I think a break is a marvelous idea and I hope you stick around with me.
January 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ashley ~ I wish you only the best and you will always be in my T&P that you'll get that little miracle Thank you for always cheering me on !

January 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's GREAT for you to stick around! You're a wonderful support. I know when I was on BCP for a few months after our IVF didn't work, I still stuck around and everyone made me feel welcome.

I pray you get your miracle in the meantime!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Super Mommy
Ashley, I have been in your shoes, needing to mentally check out from ttc. It does a body and mind GOOD! Take all the time you need and know that we will be thinking about you and praying for ya!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl! Our ttc journey is over.

January 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally get it. I did the same thing after so many failed cycles of clomid and then of injectibles with IUIs. I needed a mental break and wanted to take time off from being a human pin cushion. At that time I was even thinking it was it for us, I was nervous about IVF and not sure if I would ever go through with it! Enjoy your time off TTC with MA! And maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who get preggers naturally

January 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
FLAteacher's Avatar Loving the New Mommy Life
They say that most women get preggers when they least expect it...NTNP.

RIP Sadie

Please "Like" this page on Facebook if you ZUMBA
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zumba-...64079496963500

January 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Just wanted to say im sending some to you!! Feel better sweetie..i know there is nothing i can say to make you feel better..it hurts..i know! im so sorry
January 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Regular
Just wanted to say that I personally think that it's perfectly OK for you to stay - especially if you have insights that the rest of us can benefit from. I hope you get your miracle soon and that this break gives you everything you need.
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish that we had been able to take a break before our IVF. After all that you have been through Ashley you absolutely deserve it! I'm glad that you are sticking around - I would miss you if you disappeared! Enjoy your time "off".
January 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Thats where we are at now, too... waiting for IVF!

(we are on the pill starting next month, so DEFINITELY not TTC in the waiting time...)

Enjoy your break but stick around here for sure!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey Ash, I know how you feel. After miscarrying our twins after Thanksgiving, we have no energy left to worry the little things. We're waiting for our next IVF try too sometime in May. We're not doing anything until then, except acupuncture and herbs for me. I just want to get healthy, mentally and physically, as I'm sure you feel the same right now. I so respect you and the the heart that you put into everything you do. If you need a break, take it and don't feel a bit bad. We love you, always.

By the way, I took a look at your website and I'm so impressed. The Ingrd M. song you have attached to it is playing on my computer just now as I'm writing this

Good luck! We're here when you need us.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
January 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's exactly where we got too last year. Just completely done with it all and it's one of the best decisions we made out of this whole process. I've been able to be so far removed that I no longer feel obsessive or overwhelmed. IVF almost seems manageable and the emotional readiness is way better now than it was last year.

January 11th, 2011, 07:33 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! I'm sorry Ashley.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search