Post op appointment today: IVF referral going in!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
We are officially starting our IVF work up. DH had his bloodwork appointments, I've got mine, and scheduling my annual.

We found out all three cysts they removved were hemorrhagic (blood clots) and they sent them off to pathology to be tested for cancer, and all three came back negative. Thank god! They also removed a LOT of adhesions from my tubes/ovaries (due to the Endometriosis) and ran blue dye through my tubes. Apparently, due to my being annovulatory without meds, and the mess of ovaries/tubes I have, our odds of conceiving (and not having an ectopic) are slim to nil. That being said, we have agreed to start the IVF process.

Oh, and the reason I had so many insicions this time was because of the adhesions, as well.

They also said my blood pressure was VERY low (97/37!) and I explained the period from hello I'm dealing with, and it's probably tied together. They sent me home with Tylonel 3 for the pain (my right ovary is hurting still as it heals) and are keeping me under check for my blood pressure.

Anyways... So starting the bloodwork for our IVF next month since today is CD4 and they want CD3 labs. I'm anxious!!!

We will also be going on BCP starting next month to keep the cysts away and hope to keep the endo under control.

So, here we go! In 6 months or less we will be in Washington DC doing IVF!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 10th, 2011, 01:12 PM
JulieC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY that sounds so exciting! I'm so happy for you!
January 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Regular
Wow that is a lot of info. I am so sorry that things were such a mess and so difficult for you. Praying for your pain to be lifted soon.

Very exciting about the IVF though. That sounds like a very promising plan - best of luck with this over the next few months!
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!
I'm so excited for you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search