How long ttc? ttcal? ttcma?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
I'm wondering how your journey has lead up to now?

How long before starting MA while ttc?

What steps have you started taking and when in your journey?

Sometimes I wonder if we're behind here... April 1st will be 3 years for us, we've not done any MA. Had ALLOT of testing done at the RE for recurrent loss/infertility work-up due to insurance tho it was all for my recurrent losses.

January 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I think you've read mine on my bummed out post, but We've been TTC actively since 2008. We had two losses in 2007 and were NTNP until until 2008 when we actively started.... We met with my RE in 2009, did fertility meds (clomid (100mg), femara (5mg), follistim(usually 100IU, prometrium(400 mg), ovidrel the works in 2010... And now an IVF in 2011.

...and we also did an HSG, and two laparoscopies. COUNTLESS blood draws and unltrasounds...It's been an insane journey. :/

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Last edited by LindseyMarie; January 10th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
January 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long before starting MA while ttc? It was about 15 months before we started MA.

What steps have you started taking and when in your journey? In Jan 2010 we did the whole recurrent loss workup including HSG, started Folgard and baby aspirin for my MTHFR mutation that was found, March 2010 was our first IUI+trigger (without any ovulation induction meds, dumb first RE) July 2010 started with a new RE, she looked at my HSG results and said my right tube is definitely blocked and my old RE is an idiot for not catching that, moved forward with three cycles of Clomid (100mg) and one more IUI. Didnt even waste our time or money on one last IUI, the RE recommended IVF and thats where were at now. Waiting until were ready for that, which should be summer/early fall this year.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Angel_Maker
We started TTC in Sept. 2006. I knew I was annovulatory as I had NO PERIODS at all, so we sought the help of an OB in January 2007. After lots of testing, I was given Clomid. I conceived in May 2007. I lost my non viable conjoined twins in August 2007.

Shortly thereafter we began seeing an RE. We tried every thing from more Clomid, Femara, Injects, Ovarian Drilling, IUI and IVF. I finally conceived again in October 2009 (our last attempt at IUI before pursuing adoption) I lost that bean in November 2009 (blighted ovum).

I conceived naturally (total shock!!) in January 2010 and lost Evan due to incompetent cervix in May 2010.

We took a four month break and conceived naturally again in September 2010 ( I got my just days before Evan's EDD --> total blessing!)

So here I am pregnant for the 4th time with my fifth baby. I've buried 3 of my 4 children and I'm just hoping and praying that THIS TIME is different!
January 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long before starting MA while ttc? We began ntnp in August 2007 and ntnp until July 2008. We didn't do a very good job at it though, because I was soooooo stressed with a new job, a move to a new city and a new house. So I'm not really surprised we didn't get pregnant.

We actively began ttc in July 2008 and began Clomid in November 2008 (I have pcos, so once I decided I wanted meds, they didn't make me wait, as I was previously diagnosed). I conceived on the first round of Clomid but m/c. I did two more rounds of Clomid-which gave me horrible s/e. We then went to injections/iui and I conceived Alex on my first round of injections Oh, also did ovarian drilling the cycle before my BFP cycle with Alex. And also did HSG. We are going right to injections/iui when we begin trying for number 2

Ok, to sum that all up:
about 12 months ntnp
about 4 months ttc
and did 4 cycles of m/a (m/c first round of Clomid, cycle 2 & 3 were BFN's, and cycle 4 we conceived Alex)

Hth!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started the fertility work up after 6 months of TTC due to the severity of my endo and ever increasing age 4 months of tests found crappy CM and a hydrosalpinx which were going to keep me from getting pg until surgery. 5 months until I could have my surgery and it's been 11 months since the lap.

So 26 (I HATE seeing that number) months that we've been trying. 6 rounds of clomid and one pregnancy the second cycle after my lap that found out I lost around four weeks but didn't start the m/c until 5.

We've now moved on to adoption (were approved today - yay!) and I am going to talk to my OBGYN about a hysterectomy in three weeks at my appt.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We started TTC January 2007. In April 2008 prior to DH's unit going to Iraq I got pregnant. I MCed right away. After the MC since it had been over a year my primary Dr sent me to the RE. I saw the RE June 2008. They did some tests on me since DH was gone. In October he got R&R, so the RE wanted to try. The cycle synced up but was a BFN. DH got home January 2009. We got pregnant a couple weeks later with twins, but lost them both. In June 2009 we got the RE to do full work ups on both of us including genetic testing. That's when we found out I did have PCOS and a thyroid issue and DH had a genetic one. They gave us two more cycles before changing it. The last cycle is the one I got pregnant with DS. If I hadn't gotten pregnant we were going to take a break, then in December we were going to do a lap to see if I had endo since my family has a history of it.

made by BAM

January 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Veteran
This month is 1 year since actively TTC. We moved on to a RE after 8 months of BFN due to my endometriosis that was discovered during a lap surgery to remove a cyst 4 years ago. HATED the first RE, HATED HATED HATED did I say HATED??? Totally insensitive....WTH you are a fertility clinic!!!!! Just finished testing and consult with new RE Friday and he suggests IVF. I have endo and my ovaries are "stuck" behind my uterus due to my endo. Waiting on AF to show sometime this weekend to start BC.

Celena, I don't think you're behind. It depends on the couple. Me, I'm a real proactive I want it and I'll do anything to figure it out type of person. I'm a do-er. I know another couple that didn't seek MA until after 2 years.....

Cycles 1-12 all BFN's. Going straight to IVF per RE advice.

February 2011 IVF
2.24.2011. Retrieval 16 eggs! 15 were mature and 12 fertilized!
3.1.2011. Transferred 2 blasts!!
3.2.2011. 4 "beautiful" blasts on ice
3.11.2011. IVF #1 unsuccessful

5.20.2011. FET BFP!! 82
5.23.2011. 83
5.25.2011. 130
5.27.2011. 168 devastated
5.31.2011. 293 (saw sac on u/s)
6.3.2011. sac not growing m/c confirmed

9.2011. Planning another FET
January 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
We started ttc in May/Juneish of 2009. We got pregnant right away in July (I wasn't surprised...DS was conceived after a month). I would've been due May of 2010. I had a m/c the 1st week in September. After trying for awhile we consulted my regular OB who reviewed my charts (I had been charting/temping since July) and she said it appeared as if I was ovulating...so her solution was to start progesterone (1st month was April 2010) and then to come back and try Clomid to "give us an extra shot" if we wanted. We started Clomid & did 4 rounds of it between June & November 2010.

In April DH had also had a SA and his results weren't very good, so my OB also recommended a urologist/RE for us. We did the whole fertility workup there in December and ended up with me starting on Femara/Ovidrel shot/IUI on December 31st/double progesterone. DH's SA before the IUI was really good. I should know in the next few days if it worked...although I'm not getting my hopes up.

So...this is our 20th cycle of ttc (including the cycle with the loss).

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
January 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Started TTC in March of 2008, so we are rounding out year 3 and heading into year 4. Most likely cannot afford IVF until 2012. We did a good number of months of RE interventions, including a couple of IUI, but surgery revealed IVF is really our best option.

Until then, we are going to try the basically natural route, with Vitex again, and B6 and Brandi's recipes. I'm getting stuff re-tested this week just in basic bloodwork because I"m not confident they fully tested my thyroid

January 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Regular
I'm wondering how your journey has lead up to now?
To start, I have never ever ever been a regular gal, since the day my first period came at the age of 13 on Thanksgiving day. I only get 3-4 cycles a year, unmedicated. So TTC #1 took us about 18 months, a devastating 2nd trimester loss and a round of Clomid before we got our rainbow baby, our precious DD. I had bloodwork and ultrasounds from an OBGYN who worked with DH (DH is a doctor) and she did it all off the books. MAN I miss her now that we're on to TTC #2. My cycles resumed in August 2009 and I never went on any form of prevention, but I didn't go straight to charting again either. We BD'd during my fertile times and that was unsuccessful.

In June 2010 we started the Clomid again and had SUCH high hopes that we'd have the same luck we did before, especially since we moved to a much more rural area (REs and competent OBGYNs are few and far between in my town). So since we started trying on our own, it's been about 18 months again.

I have had 4 rounds of Clomid, one chemical pregnancy that took us from ecstatic to crushed in 24 hours, and a ton of BFNs. I am on a lot of supplements while we are taking a MA break. Still temping, and considering our next steps. We're actually thinking of IVF now because it makes the most sense to us money-wise right now (free clinical trial that includes fertility testing).

Sometimes I wonder if we're behind here... April 1st will be 3 years for us, we've not done any MA. Had ALLOT of testing done at the RE for recurrent loss/infertility work-up due to insurance tho it was all for my recurrent losses.
Not at all. I have a friend who's been NTNP for over 5 years now, and she and her DH aren't the least bit interested in going to a doc about it. I think it all depends on what you're comfortable with. Best of luck to you!
TTC #1
9/30/2006: Surprise BFP - a honeymoon souvenir! Found out at 9 weeks!
10/23/2006: Miscarriage in the ER. Devastated, but back to TTC.
12/2007: Began hormone testing, suspected PCOS (but not officially Dx'd)
1/2008: 1st round 50 mg Clomid
2/3/08: BFP!!
10/2/08: DD born via emergent c-section. So in love!
TTC #2
8/2009: Still BFing, cycles resumed! Starting to try for #2!
6/2010: Began first round 50mg Clomid. BFN.
11/2010: Third round of Clomid - ! Tests turn into a day later; chemical pregnancy.
12/2010: Fourth Clomid round is a . Taking a MA break before moving forward with possible IUI.

"Q: How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Screw in a lightbulb?! Hmmm... do you think that might help?"
January 11th, 2011, 04:04 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Celena, I post on this board and over on the loss board.
I'm wondering how your journey has lead up to now? I was diagnosed with PCOS. When I was growing up I hardley ever got any af's. I finally found a doctor that diagnosed me with PCOS. After I met Dh we tried to get pregnant and couldn't get pregnant.

How long before starting MA while ttc?We tried getting pregnant for about two years.
My ob has study PCOS and has a good success rate in helping women with PCOS get pregnant. He put me on Femara for couple of cycles. When that didn't work he asked us if we wanted to try IUI. We both said yes. He said our chances were better if we went right to injectables. We did the injectables and the IUI in June and got pregnant. We did loss that little bean in July though. My OB also believes in doing two IUI rounds instead of just one. He said he has a higher success rate in doing two IUI instead of one. We were also told we couldn't get pregnant on our own. I took soy in November and surprise we got pregnant on our own. As you know sadly we lost that baby also.
Sometimes I wonder if we're behind here... April 1st will be 3 years for us, we've not done any MA. Had ALLOT of testing done at the RE for recurrent loss/infertility work-up due to insurance tho it was all for my recurrent losses.I don't think you are behind. I think going the medical route is something you need to really think about.
I don't remember if your Dh has ever had any testing done. If he hasn't had any testing done I think he should get tested also. Before my ob would do the IUI he tested Dh. I know Dh wasn't happy about it but he did it anyways.
January 11th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Hopeful....it really depends on the couple and your circumstances as to when you begin m/a.

But I know how you feel Celena. Before getting pregnant with Alex, I always used to kick myself for letting myself go a year of ntnp when I knew I wasn't ovulating regularly. Because by the time I was ready for the RE, we did the ntnp thing and the ttc thing and I already felt emotionally wiped out. I really wished that I had gone to begin with because I knew I'd have a problem with pcos.

Hope you see that bfp soon!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

January 11th, 2011, 05:18 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We began TTC in December of 2007, so over 3 years ago. I was off BCP since August 2007, and by December I was not ovulating. I had to get my period induced, went a few more cycles charting, and then on the 3rd cycle again, no ovulation. At that point, 8 months into our TTC journey, my OB/GYN started me on Clomid after inducing another period. We did that for 3 cycles, and it did help me ovulate, but didn't help me get pregnant. We took a break from meds at that time (my ovaries were killing me) and got DH an s/a done and got my HSG done (per my OB). Both results were "normal", so I went on to do one more Clomid cycle while I waited for my first RE appointment in March 2009. After review of my HSG and DH's s/a, it was confirmed that my right tube was partially blocked and my DH's morphology was borderline low (goes to show you that not all OB's can read those results!). He had to get another more detailed s/a done and I was recommended a lap surgery due to my awful pain during AF. DH's s/a turned out even lower morph numbers, and my lap confirmed stage 4 endometriosis, all over my intestines and bladder-- most can't safely be removed during TTC due to possible scar tissue. We were recommended to do IVF, but I still wanted to try an IUI "just in case". Of course, that cycle was a bust, and we ended up doing IVF w/ICSI in March 2010. The process went seamlessly, transferring 2 perfect quality embies, and I am still not pregnant. We are now waiting (8 more days!!!!) to start our second IVF cycle, using 2 of our frozen embryos.

That's my story, but what you'll find is that everyone has different circumstances and reasons for things.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Last edited by ~*Jackie*~; January 11th, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
January 11th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
How long before starting MA while ttc? We never used protection. Clue #1. Clue#2 was when DH told me when we were dating that when he stored his sperm before he went overseas they told him his count was very low. We had him retested after we got engaged. He was classified as infertile.

What steps have you started taking and when in your journey? We had to go to IVF w/ ICSI immediately if we ever wanted our own kids. I have 6 embies on ice
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
January 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Our first loss was almost four years ago (Feb 2). He was a sweet surprise. We officially started ttc in October of that year. Got pg right away, and m/c in Jan. Started ttc as soon as we could, got pg within a few months. It was a chemical. Took some time, switched insurance, had lots of bloodwork. Only thing it showed was MTHFR. OB led me to believe this was the cause of our losses. Tried again, conceived within three months. Lost her the day after the BFP. OB started me on Clomid right away (that very cycle) monitering with Progesterone checks. After three months when I hadn't conceived on 50mg Clomid he sent us to the local RE.

While waiting for the RE appt, I set up a SA with a local urologist to speed things up. RE already had results at first appt. The RE did a bunch more bloodwork (including CD 3 workup). All was normal. He wanted us to try a few months naturally (because of the break for insurance). Towards the end of that time frame I requested an HSG. It was normal. I went back and started on 50mg Clomid, 1800mg Mucinex, follie scan and trigger. Didn't conceive and post-coital test was not good. The next month we moved to 100mg Clomid, 1800mg Mucinex, and trigger. The post-coital test was again bad, so we added in an IUI last minute. We did not conceive.

That brings us current, more than three years from our "official" start date and four years from our first loss. We took this cycle (and probably next) off from the RE to catch up financially. We used soy this month but other than an increase in CM I'm not noticing any difference from my regular cycle. I'm not sure what his plan will be next medicated cycle...

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 11th, 2011, 06:19 AM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 and told I would have a hard time having a baby. I never dreamed it would be so bad. We started TTC right after we were married on April 17, 2004. I started doing OPKs and nothing happened until 2006. We had no idea I was even pregnant and I miscarried our first on June 23, 2006. I went to my most recent OB afterwards for a check up and he said that once I got my first cycle we would start clomid. It took 3 months for my cycles to go back to normal and in that time I was charting. He started us on clomid 50mg and we did 2 rounds. He wasn't happy with the results so we did 100mg and I had what I believe was a chemical in December 06-January 07. We did lots of bloodwork and DH had an SA done and after a couple more cycles my OB referred us to an RE. DH ended up getting laid off and we lost our insurance so we didn't get to go to our first RE appointment until last January. In that time, I did everything from soy, fertilaid, we used preseed and did everything that you could think of over the counter with no results. At my RE consultation they told us that it looks like I may have Adenomyosis, which could be from the pregnancy I lost. We did 4 rounds of Clomid 150mg, our first 2 cycles resulted in GREAT results as far as follies go but we didn't get pregnant. Last I talked to the RE he wanted me to get an HSG done but they never called to set it up and we took a small break since I went back to school in August. When I called to schedule it, they basically wrote us off as patients because they didn't do treatment since May, though that's not our fault. They said we could do a new appointment as a consultation and I said no because I didn't see the point in using my insurance, to add to my cap and then have the same thing happen in 6 months. My friend referred me to her RE in Cincinnati and we're supposed to go, but we're waiting until the time is right for us. I am going to be doing Brandi's magic treatment this cycle and see if something comes of it. We ultimately decided if something doesn't happen by summer, since I won't be in school, we will see the new RE.

Sorry that that got long. It's hard to put nearly 7 years into a paragraph.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Last edited by tabbymichelle; January 11th, 2011 at 06:23 AM.
January 11th, 2011, 06:47 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
We've been trying since December 2008. We finally started seeing the infertility doc in March 2010 after not achieving a pregnancy. We did the full work-up and it showed DH as fine, but me with uterine polyps and huge endometriomas on my ovaries. I ovulate on my own and my tubes are clear. The only other issue is a antiphospholid syndrome (blood clotting disorder) that will cause me problems once I do get pregnant. During the summer of 2010 we did clomid + IUI + trigger for three tries and didn't manage to have any success. We were then recommended for IVF + ICSI + lovenox and moved forward with it in Sept/Oct 2010. After a terrible cycle where nothing ended up going very well, we got one perfect embryo that was transferred back to me. We had very little hope, but were proven wrong two weeks later. Our little embryo had split and we were pregnant with identical twins. What a wonderful day! Everything was going well until at 12 weeks, we went in for another ultrasound and both were found still. Two D&E's later plus 4 weeks, I've gotten my period back. I started acupuncture and herbs, but otherwise we are taking an MA break until possibly May before we try another fresh IVF cycle.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
January 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
You may know part of my story, but here it is for everyone else...
First off, I just turned 35 in Nov, so that is "problem" #1.

I got my IUD out last March and started TTC that month. BFNs every month until I tried soy in August, but m/c at 7 weeks. First real cycle after my m/c, I did soy again and got another BFP. M/c that one at 5.5 weeks. My OB referred me to a RE right away bc she knows that we would like to get pg sooner rather than later, so 2 weeks after my loss I started testing for recurrent losses. So far all of the bloodwork for me has come back negative for everything, including genetic stuff, and we are waiting on DH's karyotype to come back. The only thing they have found so far is that I tested positive for ureaplasma urealyticum, so DH and I are on a 2 week course of antibiotics right now. With my next cycle (early Feb), I'll be getting all of the hormone (FSH, LH, progesterone, etc) tests done as well as a hysteroscopy.

I'm also trying to qualify for an IVF study at a different RE near me. We don't have insurance coverage for any infertility stuff, so we have started the ball rolling with the study just to see if we qualify. I have a consult with them next week, and even if we don't qualify, I am happy that we are at least exploring the option without draining our savings.

Sorry for the novel!

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
January 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Veteran
I went off bc Feb 07 got bfp but ended with mc, and have been trying and doing ever since. clomid I think 5 round and fremera they told me Id have to go to injectables but I can not do that cause of Ins. don't cover it so now on my own basicly I dont ovulate or get a period sooo its a long shot but not done praying

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search