Thyroid problems

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 05:17 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know hypo and hyperthyroidism can affect fertility and from lurking I think a couple of you ladies have either problem. How did you know? Did you have symptoms or were you totally shocked? I'm thinking my thyroid is out of wack.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
My mom has hypo and the last time they did a full panel of bloodwork on me, they told me that mine was normal. The symptoms can be so many other things so really the only way is to get checked out. I hope you get some answers!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

January 11th, 2011, 06:45 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister was diagnosed with thyroid antibodies, so I got a thyroid panel and everything came back normal. 6 months later I got a TSH test as part of my workup at the RE and it came back indicating hypothyroidism. I didn't have any symptoms other than fertility-related ones (low BBT, late ovulation, infertility). I would ask for a full thyroid panel (TSH, free T3, free T4, and anti-thyroid antibodies).
January 12th, 2011, 04:53 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I obviously have the fertility problems (low BBT, m/c, infertility, anovulation) and I've noticed the past several weeks my hair is falling out my the handfuls and my nails have stopped growing and are super brittle.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 12th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 15 and have been on medicine for it ever since. Some of the symptoms that I experience then (and still experience if my thyroid gets out of whack again) are weight gain, dry hair, brittle nails and fatigue. Also, my thyroid itself will get swollen and hurts if I push on it and I will sometimes have difficulty swallowing when I'm eating.

I definitely sounds like you should have your levels checked. If yours is out of whack it can usually be corrected with medication. I've never noticed any side effects to the meds and I feel SO much better when my thyroid is under control. Good luck to you!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
January 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
My RE told me I had hypothyroidism however a deeper investigation showed that it was just an ovarian cyst causing my TSH (not anything else) to stay elevated. It returned to normal once the cyst was gone.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search