I think I'm losing it..... (preg ment) *Update #15*

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
So my numbers have been kinda low compared to my other pregnancies. Yes I know each is diffrent, but at 14DPO my others were over 200 and this one was barely over 100. I am 5 weeks today and went in for blood work and got this email.
Quote:
I have received your recent test results. They are as follows:

Your hormone levels are as follows:
Progesterone: 30.6 on 02/24/2011 Normal: Greater than 20.
Total Beta HCG: 560 on 02/24/2011 This is your pregnancy hormone level. This value is appropriate for your gestational age in early pregnancy.
Your pregnancy level did go up from last visit but we are concerned that it is not doubling the way we would like.

Dr D wants you to come in tomorrow am for an early ultrasound. We are worried when numbers rise slowly that it could possibly be an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. We want to make sure things look ok at that visit tomorrow am. Please call us with any concerns in the meantime.

Your next appointment is scheduled for 2-25-11 at 8:40 am for an ultrasound and labwork.

If you have any questions about these results, or any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or schedule an appointment.
When I did the doubling calculator it's doubling every 70 hours.

made by BAM

Last edited by Kobain's Mommy; February 25th, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
February 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay, Nicole.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am keeping everything crossed that everything is perfect at your u/s. I know it must be scary to get an email like that, and I am glad your doctor is being proactive, but there really is a lot of variability in the doubling time for HCG. I have heard/read that a 48-72 hour doubling time can be normal. Hoping for the best!
February 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Angel_Maker
My numbers did not double (like they were "supposed" to) with Evan.....I didn't do betas with Ally, and with the twins and Tres my numbers were really high and doubled as they should....

Evan was perfectly healthy and I pray the same is true for your bean
February 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks ladies! I think they are going by the fact of my past pregnancy Betas. But then again both of those were twins. Although I've been crampy the past couple days, but chalked that up as dehydration from the flu I just got over.

made by BAM

February 24th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Angel_Maker
I'm going to stay optimistic

Like I said, my numbers more than doubled with the twins and also with Tres...then with Evan they weren't doubling and the nurse on the phone actually told me NOT to get "too excited" because it didn't look good But he was fine and my numbers obviously had no bearing on his viability....

February 25th, 2011, 03:36 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything turns out perfect! FX!!!

February 25th, 2011, 04:41 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had a miscarriage myself and I know how scary it is in early pregnancy before you get to see the heartbeat. I really hope everything will be ok with your baby and that you will get peace of mine tomorrow.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

February 25th, 2011, 10:50 AM
The only thing the ultrasound showed was a large cyst. They didn't see anything else. She said at 5 weeks we should at least see a sac, but they didn't even see that. Although they don't typically see a sac till the HCG is over 1500. She has to error to the side of caution, but she said she can't say it is an ectopic. What makes her lean away from and ectopic is the fact my progesterone is still in the 30s. But if I feel any pain I have to call them ASAP or get to the ER if they aren't open.

She said it's not looking good, but she isn't giving up. They took blood work again today and said she'll email me with the results and she wants me back on Tuesday or Wednesday. Things seem to be leaning towards when how things went when I lost the twins. She waiting to do something till next week and hopes by the next ultrasound I'll have at least something they can find. She wasn't ready to do a D&C or the chemo shot to get rid of and ectopic.

Right now I'm numb. I want to cry but just can't bring myself to.

made by BAM

February 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
But your hcg was only 560 and my RE won't even do an ultrasound before at least 1000 for the very reason of what you are experiencing right now.

Hang in there - It is not over yet. Many girls have not seen a sac at 5w and gone on to have healthy babies. This early pregnancy time is so stressful! (hugs) I know how hard the waiting game is.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

February 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that this is turning out to be such a stressful time for you It is not over, though, and I am holding out hope that your little bean is snuggling in and growing right now. Huge hugs!
February 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this... You may still have a chance... I had an ectopic 2 years ago and I was about your stage in pregnancy and I could DEFINATELY tell something was wrong... It is the strangest pain.. by the time they see a sac in your tubes ( I saw mine around 5 weeks) it usually means surgery... but again, you would definately be feeling it - It hurt even to urinate and I had to keep in a bent over position so it wouldn't be painful. Also, I never got even close to an HCG count of 560... so there is definately hope!!!

I really hope everything goes well... KUP

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
February 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
But your hcg was only 560 and my RE won't even do an ultrasound before at least 1000 for the very reason of what you are experiencing right now.

Hang in there - It is not over yet. Many girls have not seen a sac at 5w and gone on to have healthy babies. This early pregnancy time is so stressful! (hugs) I know how hard the waiting game is.

I cant see how they would be able to see anything with your HCG being that low! I have high hopes that something will show up the next time you get an ultrasound!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 25th, 2011, 02:38 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm keeping my for you.

Take care and keep us updated

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

February 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I just got this...

Quote:
I have received your recent test results. They are as follows:

Your hormone levels are as follows:
Progesterone: 28.3 on 02/25/2011 Normal: Greater than 20.
Total Beta HCG: 958 on 02/25/2011 This is your pregnancy hormone level. This value is appropriate for your gestational age in early pregnancy.
These tests are normal.

Your ultrasound result is as follows:
No intrauterine pregnancy seen today. No evidence of tubal pregnancy.

Please let us know if you have any pain or bleeding or additional concerns. There is always a provider on call over the evenings and weekends too if you need something, just call our number and it should direct you to the on call person.

Your next appointment is scheduled for 3-1-11 at XXXX am for an ultrasound and labwork.
So my numbers almost doubled over night. I'm wondering if it was a lab screw up now. I usually go to the fertility clinic's lab, but yesterday I had to go to the regular clinic's lab. The FC perfers you not bring children into the clinic and I couldn't find a baby sitter. So the nurse said to go to the clinic that's a few blocks from me.

made by BAM

February 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Veteran
Although I mostly lurk... Im sooo happy for you... Prayers for happy & healthy 8 months!!
February 25th, 2011, 03:18 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so glad everything came back good!

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
February 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
*Hugs* Hoping your bean was just being shy!

February 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Tryin4#2's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, keep your hopes up. With this pg, my HCG was 2000 at 5 weeks, and the u/s showed only a thickened uterine lining. I thought the worst because everything you read says that by that point an u/s should definitely show something. I am now thankfully 26 weeks pg with my DD. I'll be praying for you and your bean but I believe everything is okay. :-)

February 26th, 2011, 01:20 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy to hear things are getting better. I hope you will get to see your sweet little baby soon!

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search