Weird question - Ovarian Cyst/Ectopic

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, this is a weird question and I thought I'd ask here b/c the Women's Health forum isn't active at all and I didn't think I would get any answers there.

Anyway... Today I went to the dentist to get a filling polished and then afterward DH and I went to the grocery store before coming home. I was perfectly fine until right before we got to the checkout lane. All of a sudden I started getting really bad abdominal pain, to the point of bending me in half. I had to lean on the cart, and then walking out I could barely walk, and sitting down in the car was excruciating. I about started crying. We got home and it kind of ceased a bit, enough for me to get inside, then it would come back again. It went through this about 4 times. While in pain, the pain was terrible. Now it is more like a constant dull pain that is noticeable but not horrible.

I went to the bathroom a while ago and I found out that I am spotting. I NEVER spot in the middle of my cycle. The last time something like this happened I had an ectopic pg. The staff at the hospital didn't believe me that I had my period 2 weeks prior b/c I had a positive pg test. (they actually told me I must have been confused) I needed emergency surgery. I decided now to take a pg test to see what it said, and it was negative. Is it possible to have an ectopic and have a neg pg test? Could I just have an ovarian cyst or something?

Since the excruciating pain subsided I decided not to call the dr, but if it comes back I will. My husband thinks it is just b/c I have had Influenza this past week and haven't been moving around much, so going to the grocery store made my muscles hurt. This wasn't muscle pain, though. It was my whole lower abdominal cavity, bending me over type of pain. I don't know what to think.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
February 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't know a lot about ectopics, but I would think that yes, you would get a + HPT is that was the cause of your pain. It could be a cyst...sometimes they can be very painful.

This same thing happened to my friend...she wound up in the ER, and was diagnosed with ovarian torsion...the ovary was actually twisting and causing pain. This can be caused by a cyst, or sometimes they aren't even sure why it happens. I'd make an appt. with your OB/GYN right away to see what is going on...in some cases you can lose your ovary or have other permanent damage done.

Hope I'm not scaring you...the symptoms you described sound just like what she told me happened to her. I hope they can find a cause so it doesn't happen again!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 1st, 2011, 03:53 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the cysts can be very painfull.. though i dont know about the ectopic myself.. i have had the ovarian cysts that cause a lot of pain..!!! and the bleeding in the middle of a cycle is not normal iether..!!! it will be better if u check it out..cos wat i have heard of ectopics is that is got slow rising hcg levels.. so maybe it want show on a pregnancy test too soon..!!! good luck..!! hope there is nothing major..!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

March 3rd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Super Mommy
never had ectopic, but, you do test positive, bc u are pregnant; as for cyst, i had one last month, and, still have - have not had too much pain but i started spotting mid cycle w a twinge of blood; US confirmed cyst - u definitely need an US

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search