On to IVF

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, i just got my "friend". My 6th IUI didn't work, so my dr wants me to move on to IVF. Can anyone share what I can expect?

Thanks,

Michelle

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
February 27th, 2011, 03:38 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
Here is a synopsis of how my IVF cycles went:

You will begin with a consult and they will order blood work and a semen analysis (unless you have one on file with them). Sometime after this meeting they will do a baseline sonogram and a "mock transfer". I was put on Birth Control on day 3 of my cycle and started stimming (process of stimmulating your ovaries) about 2 weeks later - I am not sure about IUI's but i think you also stimm with those? If so, you will be using much higher doses as they want you to have many mature eggs. You will have numerous appointments to monitor your E2 levels and sonograms to monitor follicle growth. Once your follicles are around 18 than they will "trigger" you, exactly 36 hours before you go into Egg Retrieval. For the Egg Retrieval, you will be lightly sedated and they will use a vaginal ultrasound to guide them, with a aspiration needle attached, to collect the eggs. There was some pain afterwards (cramping) but again the amount of discomfort changes from woman to woman. They are directly delivered to the embryologist and you will be given a report how many eggs were collected before you go home. You will begin Estrogen (either vaginally or via a shot) and take a baby aspirin every night. The following morning they will call you with a report of how many were mature and of those how many fertilized. On day 3 they will call with a report of how your embryos are doing and let you know if they want you to come in for a 3 day transfer or if they look good enough to transfer on day 5. The transfer was very easy for me and was painless... they just thread a very thin tube through your cervix and deliver they selected embryos (usually they show you this on a monitor - pretty cool). Then you begin the dreaded 2WW. There are some women, however, that find their Egg Transfer painful as they have other issues. Overall, the worst part of the process to me was the 2WW...

Hope this helps!!!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
February 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My IVF cycle was pretty similar to lynette74. Only we didn't do a mock transfer. During the retrieval I guess my dr. took measurements or something to prepare for the transfer. I only felt mild cramping and pressure after the retrieval. I stayed in bed for a day after. With the retrieval it was kind of like an IUI and I stayed in bed (reading and watching tv) for about 2 days after because I had read it improved your chances of implantation.

I had done a few cycles of injectibles with IUI and I would say IVF is pretty similar.

February 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
hi michelle - i wish you luck for this next round - i , too , will be doing ivf if this next iui does not work - never ever thought i would be in this predic - i really hope this give you better luck and keep us posted

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
February 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Michelle, I think the other ladies explained it very well. I just wanted to wish you

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

February 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to send you some love.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

February 28th, 2011, 03:52 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle, just wanted to wish you luck! I really hope that this is the last MA you need

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search