Sperm meets egg plan???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been ttc for some time off and on for the past few years. My dh has low sperm count. So one of my friends is gonna do the sperm meets egg plan. I was thinking about trying this. What do you think? I have stop trying all together for a long time. I think I am ready to start again. I ready to get "serious" so to speak.

March 2nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure what the sperm meets egg plan is.. can you elaborate?

March 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
So basically, you OPK every other day and have sex alot?

If only that was all I needed. Honestly I don't see how that plan is going to adequately meet the issues that are involved with low sperm count. Do you have numbers you can post about his stats and testing?

March 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I believe a plan like the one Lash mentioned would make low sperm count worse.

made by BAM

March 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
We tried this plan last cycle, no luck. You basically start taking opk's on CD8 and start dtd on day 8 and do it every other day until you get a positive opk, once its positive you dtd that day and for 2 more days following that day, skip a day, and dtd once more. My dh doesn't have low sperm count but low motility grade...so I don't know if it was a good plan for us or not, we'll try it again this cycle but I wouldn't think it would be great for low counts though my dh had very low counts when we conceived our son 4 years ago and we were dtd every day and a half, about 35 hours between bdings and we got pregnant, even with low counts, you need to give sperm at least 24 hours to replenish but maybe a little longer for low counts.

March 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
I know for most of us at this forum who require medical assistance to get pregnant, we'd kill to simply have sex and get pregnant. That's the reason most of us are here though, because that is no longer "all it takes". We might get lucky, but most of us will need far more intervention than simply having sex. My husband jokes that he knows now that sex doesn't cause babies. Doctors cause babies. Really well paid doctors cause babies.

If this can get you pregnant, then awesome for you. Try it by all means, but I think it will complicate low sperm count unnecessarily. I'd really suggest doing some strong research and really asking yourself if you are ready to go to the next level. Wishing and hoping that lots of sex will "be enough" doesn't make it enough, no matter how bad we might want it to be the answer.

Lots of us want to be that miracle story, but the truth is that it's rarer to be the miracle story. Brandi is a miracle story, but ask her if she feels "lucky" after her losses and IVF's. She DID get lucky, but I also know that she'd tell anyone to get educated and really learn what options they might need to treat their conditions.

I have a whole host of problems, including the truth that I might not have genetically related kids, and might need donor eggs. If sperm meets egg could do it for me, I'd love it, but it won't and can't. I wouldn't waste time hoping that it will work when you could be losing precious time.

March 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we have been told IVF is most likely the only way to concieve a baby. So wishing and hoping seems pointless, but I feel like I should at least "try".

March 2nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
What do you count as "try"? I count IVF as trying. I count unprotected sex as trying. Are you wanting to chart and do more than OPK?

I'm not meaning to be harsh honestly, but at this point you have little time to lose, and you'll wish someone had told you long ago to be more urgent and go for what's going to work instead of possibly hurting your chances by trying for a year with another method.

Who told you about IVF? What were your SA numbers?

I DO count IVF as trying. As someone facing donor eggs, I'd 1000% count any method of trying with my own genetic eggs as trying. I'd kill to be able to try with that method.

How much research have you done on your situation?

March 3rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
May also try Chinese herbal medicine which aims at strengthen the man's body, and the sperm count will be increased. It is very natural!
March 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is nothing wrong with trying the old fashioned way or having hope that it will work so dont feel like its pointless.

there are a lot of women on here that have/had lots of problems and conceived with just sex. some of us used soy some of us just got lucky...some of us conceived with sex after spending thousands on treatments.

no it doesnt happen with everyone but there are lots of ways to "try" just because a dr tells you you NEED ivf doesnt mean thats the only way you'll conceive..for some yes but not everyone.

my husband does have low sperm counts and having sex every other day is the appropriate way to handle low counts..every other day or every 2 days..just not EVERY DAY. if you want to try this approach then just dont have sex every day.

do whatever makes YOU feel better about your situation..if it makes you feel like you gave it your all to try this approach then do it. IVF is a scary situation (ive done it 3 times) and if you arent ready for it emotionally then I would imagine it would be very scary and even more stressful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search