Counseling

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Everbody,

So I made a decision the other day... I'm going to get some help, just for me. Not help to get my husband and I pregnant, not help in getting procedures done and drugs ordered... help to allow me a solid fighting chance to deal with this whole situation a little bit more healthfully. I made an appt to meet with a psychologist who lists two of her specialties as infertility and adoption. What the hell, right? This is whole experience is so stressful and we all end up putting so much pressure on ourselves (I know I do) and I don't think that's right. We don't deserve it. I'm tired of being so raw and emotional all the time and I think I really want to start gaining some real perspective on this whole thing. So we'll see if this might help a little bit, I really think it might.

The reason I came to this decision is after doing IVF, finding out we were having identical twins, then losing them, and now having my brother's little girl born, I'm so tired of being essentially "out of my gourd" all the time.

And the best part is ladies, insurance actually covers counseling services!!! Finally, there's something about this whole experience we don't have to pay out of pocket for!!! Ha!!!

I'll let you know how it goes. My appt is on Friday next week.

What are your thoughts on this, ladies? Have you ever thought of calling someone?
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
March 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is a very positive thing you are doing. I hope it helps to ease some of the stress and helps get you through these stressful months. Take it ease and keep us updated.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 5th, 2011, 09:37 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Good for you!!! Thankfully I had my mom and sister (who is a psychologist) to have frequent conversations with so I wasn't always spilling everything on DH. I also had select people from church to vent to. It is very important to keep your relationships healthy. We frequently go to marriage getaways, and retreats to make sure we are meeting eachother's needs emotionally, physically and spiritually. So many people shut down the lines of communication when faced with such hardships. It is the truly strong couples that recognize it and work to keep the lines of communication open in a healthy way. Way to go!
March 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
hi ana - i think it is a great thing to do; keep in mind that you may not like the first person you see; i had to keep searching until i found someone i was comfortable iwth, and, who i really thought was helping me; i am not going anymore, just had too many things going on; i was going because i was literally petrified of being pregnant and all the things that could medically go wrong with my body; i mean, i thought pregnancy was going to kill me - not so sound crazy, but being that i am in medical sales and in hospitals all day long, i see what really can go wrong

i have found that the acupuncture really helps me but i totally recommend talking to someone

i hope it goes well for you and that you her/him connect

also, i just read about your twins - that must have been so devastating - i hope you are feeling better

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search