Thoughts about the board

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been lurking on and off since about 2008 when we started miscarriages and TTC. I've been on JM since 2006.

I know that Ashley and I also used to post at another board here that was super super active, and is now dead for tons of reasons, but mainly because the ebb and flow of all message boards lends itself to that kind of outcome. I also think that this board had great success and that means many of the women have moved on-- which is great!

I've never posted consecutively because we've taken breaks and we stopped doing any treatment for about a year. We're now back on the wagon so to speak.

I also know there are days when it's better for me to lurk and not post because I just am not in a place to form my thoughts in a way to communicate well. Those days I am better left to just read and not post at all. It's unfair because it's not supportive, but I also know on those days, I just don't have a way to communicate at all. I think that factor in TTCMA is there for many of us.

And then it also appears as a few have posted that we are merely in a crop of new posters. So I have an idea-- I think we need some Q&A posts from new posters. If you feel like you are lost, or new to all this, let's pass on the info that we oldies have, so we all feel like we are on the same playing field. New people don't post because they don't know what to say, not because we are not welcoming, so I think we should make it open to just ask any question, any thing you've puzzled over that you might be afraid to ask.

And then we might also have a "Tips I've learned along the way" from the oldies to pass on about protocols, choosing an RE, financial stuff. I know people can just search, but if we want some interaction, lets do some current threads.

What do ya'll think?

It looks like we are in a cool place, on the verge of a "New Class" or "New Generation" or "Season 2" and I think that's a cool place to be! We are all now part of the "new class" that has entered the halls of TTCMA. For some of us Seniors, lets pass on knowledge before we graduate. It's a cool time to be on this board!!! I'm excited about a new wave, and really hope to hear from our graduates- We need a mini "Class Reunion" from our old graduates!

March 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ashley I think you would make a great host and im sure all the other ladies would agree.
I know having a host to keep things going is something that could help.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
March 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This board was definitely my home through all our infertility heartbreak, and I don't know how I would have stayed sane without this board. Going through such a tough time (a life crisis really) and being on this board with the same people going through the same things really helped me feel super close to them. Their victories were mine; their failures were mine. I guess it was a more intense relationship with a small group of women. So naturally, it's hard to rekindle that coming back to new faces. But that's the way any board is. And of course, we love our new faces too!

Sometimes I feel funny posting because I'm a grad too. I remember praying to "just have one" before having Alex. Now, I would love nothing more than a second healthy baby and hope we are blessed. But I think sometimes I feel guilty for posting about it when I'm having a "down day", because I don't want anyone to think I am not super grateful. And I hate to complain when some haven't yet been blessed with their first. I guess I just don't know how open I can be. Now, I have to say-NO ONE has made me feel this way, so it's my own issue that I have to work through. I just want to be sensitive to everyone's various situations.

With that all being said, I will definitely try to post more!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

March 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubagirl80 View Post
Sometimes I feel funny posting because I'm a grad too. I remember praying to "just have one" before having Alex. Now, I would love nothing more than a second healthy baby and hope we are blessed. But I think sometimes I feel guilty for posting about it when I'm having a "down day", because I don't want anyone to think I am not super grateful. And I hate to complain when some haven't yet been blessed with their first. I guess I just don't know how open I can be. Now, I have to say-NO ONE has made me feel this way, so it's my own issue that I have to work through. I just want to be sensitive to everyone's various situations.
I totally understand that feeling, and though no one has ever made me feel that way either, I feel guilty, too. It isn't fair that I have a little one to tuck in at night while so many other girls on this board are still waiting for their BFP.

It is hard to find a balance...I want to inspire and inform the newer members on the board, but don't want to cause heartache for those who are still trying for #1.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 8th, 2011, 07:03 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One word: Kari

Not that she is a goddess or to minimize the efforts that so many put into this board but Kari really kept this place humming and made people feel "belonged". Not having a host is maybe what this place needs.

When I first joined this board in March of 2010, I got the kind of welcome here that made me want to pull up a chair, have tea and group hugs. I felt like others really cared about what I was going through and really listened to my crazy questions. Now I feel this board is just informative and lost that warm fuzzy feeling.

Ashley - you should apply for host. You wouldn't be replacing anyone, just creating a new board that continues on that sense of hope that this place is known for.

I am so sincerely sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 9th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't read all the responses yet and I haven't been here very consistently or very long, but I have to say that it's somewhat encouraging that this group has had a lot of turnover as of late.

Don't get me wrong, it's great being able to connect with people and have others to share with that are going through similar things, but the ultimate goal here is to get pregnant. So, while it's nice to have a wonderful group of women around all going through the same thing that have "known" each other a long time, I'd WAY rather see everyone actually get pregnant and move on.

Anyone who wants to host should apply....if you want something done right, do it yourself.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
March 9th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel like the board is too cliquey and like I'm not welcome here because my babies weren't conceived medically. I did IUI and miscarried then decided that it wasn't for us.
dh & I decided that the best way for us to have a baby was for me to BD with a close friend of ours. I've been told this is "anti-infertility"
I still need medical help to stay pregnant due to LPD and my husband has such severe MFI he can't have babies at all.

IMO the road to parenthood shouldn't be judged no matter what turn you take but it isn't always the case.

March 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by .H.e.a.t.h.e.r. View Post
I feel like the board is too cliquey and like I'm not welcome here because my babies weren't conceived medically.

IMO the road to parenthood shouldn't be judged no matter what turn you take but it isn't always the case.
That surprises me...I have always thought we were a really welcoming group. I'm sorry if someone made you feel excluded.

Melissa & DH

March 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have much time on the computer anymore. I spend most of my time online on my phone and find JM hard to read/use on such a small screen. I do try to stop by every couple of days to see how everyone is doing. We won't be TTC again so I mainly just lurk.
March 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
I spend most of my time online on my phone and find JM hard to read/use on such a small screen.
Boy, I agree! I have no idea if there is anything they can do to make it easier to use on mobile devices, but I'll ask!

Melissa & DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search