Thoughts about the board

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Several of the ladies who have been around the board for a long time have mentioned that it "isn't the same." I have been thinking the same thing, so I'm glad to know it isn't just me. I guess I'm looking for some input about why things have changed. Is it that we don't have a host anymore? Are the types of people who come here changing? Is this just inevitable, because we have had so many graduates?

Please give me your thoughts, and if you don't want to share them out in the open, PM me. I want to try and make this place like it used to be, but I need your help and ideas to know if it is even possible.

Thanks!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive been thinking the same thing.

personally for me.. alot of "familiar faces" are rare in here now. I dont know many of the women posting here anymore and thats so strange for me because at one time I felt incredibly close to this board and the women on it...I almost feel like a stranger or intruder anymore!! the board just feels...empty really.

there seems to be sooo many posters that i honestly cant keep up anyways... sure there are a few names i recognize but for the most part..it seems like there are more newbies than golden oldies LOL

March 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I agree with Christin

made by BAM

March 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I agree.... I think too it's changed because we have a lot of new people, which happens with any board, but so many of us had been through so much around the same times that we kind of all were closer. I think now that many of us are done (waiting for the next stage of MA, pregnant, with babies) that we aren't really "here" anymore.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with you ladies. Ive been around this board for almost a year now and it does seem different. I have been taking a JM break recently due to stress of ttc but this is still a board i love and would love to see it back like it was.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
March 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am here off and on, only because I've been a member of TTC#1 for 2 years now and post more on that board. It's hard to keep up with all the boards I belong to, so I'm def not a familiar face here... but I know with our board, it's mostly the Vets who say the boards have changed, and it's exactly what you ladies have mentioned, a lot of new faces, a lot of grads, and that makes it just not the same as when there were a ton of regulars in this journey together!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Angel_Maker
I kinda feel like I'm "not supposed" to post here anymore. Not that anyone has made me feel that way, it's just that I feel like I'm posting "in sea of strangers"....I just wish the grads would still post updates, etc. It's great motivation for those still TTC, and right now I think that's really lacking

Also, not having a host SUCKS! The board is sooooo slow and it makes me sad! I remember when it moved so fast I couldn't keep up!
March 7th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with everything that was said. I miss the way that the board used to be. I still read the board several times a day but don't always reply to every message (sorry ).

I think it's great that we have a lot of newbies here - it's important to have new faces on the board. But at the same time, I feel like there are a lot of people just dropping in to ask a question and then they are gone and we don't really get to know them. Perhaps they move on quickly because this board isn't as active as it used to be and because they don't get a warm welcome here (not that we aren't welcoming but more because we just aren't "around" as much). I think that having a host would definitely help with that.

I really love this board and it has become my "home." I would love to help find a way to re-invigorate it.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
March 7th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a newbie. I try not to just post and run. For me it's hard I don't know where I belong: here, secondary infertility, ttc after loss, other. I can't dedicate myself to post in all, so I thought the best fit was here. Sometimes I just don't feel like I fit the criteria to belong. I feel like it but I feel "different.". I guess what I mean by that it seems like most members are ttc #1 or went through everything for #1 and know the same deal for future dc. I have a dd, had a normal pg and find everyone wondering how did it happen. And we never ttc in a traditional sense (ntnp) and bc of losses we had a fertility work up. Also I feel like the general vibe is people who can't get pregnant for whatever only belong here not those like me who have a LPD and can't sustain a pregnancy. Id post in secondary infertilty- but i am not infertile. I don't want to offend but that's one barrier to me posting. That and being here is just too hard (ie in the 2ww).
March 7th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen2Love View Post
I'm a newbie. I try not to just post and run. For me it's hard I don't know where I belong: here, secondary infertility, ttc after loss, other. I can't dedicate myself to post in all, so I thought the best fit was here. Sometimes I just don't feel like I fit the criteria to belong. I feel like it but I feel "different.". I guess what I mean by that it seems like most members are ttc #1 or went through everything for #1 and know the same deal for future dc. I have a dd, had a normal pg and find everyone wondering how did it happen. And we never ttc in a traditional sense (ntnp) and bc of losses we had a fertility work up. Also I feel like the general vibe is people who can't get pregnant for whatever only belong here not those like me who have a LPD and can't sustain a pregnancy. Id post in secondary infertilty- but i am not infertile. I don't want to offend but that's one barrier to me posting. That and being here is just too hard (ie in the 2ww).
Well if the criteria were getting pregnant only by medical assistance I wouldnt be part of the group Im a "vet" if you want to call me that...3 ivf cycles 5years of ttc before I had my first born..but not ONE of the ivf's got me pregnant. I conceived all 3 of my babies naturally...one before IVF (after 2yrs of ttc) that I lost, and my son and daughter were each conceived after a FAILED ivf...6mths after each one actually. After my first ivf failed i was told by 3 reproductive endocrinologists that i would never have a biological child, that i would never get pregnant on my own again..i was told i had less than 1% of getting pregnant naturally...so i WAS an extreme case of infertility..but now im sure people wonder why im even here( with 3 natural pregnancies)..but i have no where else to go and this has always been my home.

The inability to sustain a pregnancy is infertility and you have a place here with us(if you want it) and no one should wonder why you are here. LPD is not something to sneeze at.

Please dont feel like you cant post.

March 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Maker View Post
I kinda feel like I'm "not supposed" to post here anymore. Not that anyone has made me feel that way, it's just that I feel like I'm posting "in sea of strangers"....I just wish the grads would still post updates, etc. It's great motivation for those still TTC, and right now I think that's really lacking

Also, not having a host SUCKS! The board is sooooo slow and it makes me sad! I remember when it moved so fast I couldn't keep up!
Aww Brandi! I know I haven't been an extremely active member here, but I hate that you haven't been here is much. I feel so emotionally attached to your story. I remember my mom acting like I was crazy when I called her in tears after you lost Evan. In my mind, you'll always be welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen2Love View Post
Well if the criteria were getting pregnant only by medical assistance I wouldnt be part of the group Im a "vet" if you want to call me that...3 ivf cycles 5years of ttc before I had my first born..but not ONE of the ivf's got me pregnant. I conceived all 3 of my babies naturally...one before IVF (after 2yrs of ttc) that I lost, and my son and daughter were each conceived after a FAILED ivf...6mths after each one actually. After my first ivf failed i was told by 3 reproductive endocrinologists that i would never have a biological child, that i would never get pregnant on my own again..i was told i had less than 1% of getting pregnant naturally...so i WAS an extreme case of infertility..but now im sure people wonder why im even here( with 3 natural pregnancies)..but i have no where else to go and this has always been my home.

The inability to sustain a pregnancy is infertility and you have a place here with us(if you want it) and no one should wonder why you are here. LPD is not something to sneeze at.

Please dont feel like you cant post.
I agree with CAMM. While I technically fit into "infertility" now, by your definition I didn't when I first joined. (Though I had already had three losses.) At the time, I also felt weird but Brandi and others welcomed me with open arms.

And CAMM, same as what I said to Brandi, you're a grad regardless of how your babies were conceived and it brings a wave of hope to the board.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 7th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I've never even considered whether or not someone "belonged" on this board. I think that all of us here are struggling or have at some point struggled to either get or remain pg. Even if our situations are different, we all understand how difficult this journey can be. I hope that people won't feel discouraged from taking part in this board because they don't feel that they meet the right "criteria."

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
March 7th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Veteran
i'm a newbie and i don't post all that much except for the IVF thread because that's what we just finished and to be honest i don't know the answers to a lot of the questions the girls ask. i have only been on this board for a few months i used to post on the 6+ months ttc board and if you think this board is dead you should pop your head in over there!! i just think that i fit in more over here but agree that i don't know you ladies all that well except for those in the IVF thread. but i really like this board a lot!!! i promise to try to be more active to keep it going!

Cycles 1-12 all BFN's. Going straight to IVF per RE advice.

February 2011 IVF
2.24.2011. Retrieval 16 eggs! 15 were mature and 12 fertilized!
3.1.2011. Transferred 2 blasts!!
3.2.2011. 4 "beautiful" blasts on ice
3.11.2011. IVF #1 unsuccessful

5.20.2011. FET BFP!! 82
5.23.2011. 83
5.25.2011. 130
5.27.2011. 168 devastated
5.31.2011. 293 (saw sac on u/s)
6.3.2011. sac not growing m/c confirmed

9.2011. Planning another FET
March 7th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know for me personally, this is always the first board I check. I always give advice where I can. I try to post and I am definitley one of the golden oldies since 2005 I think. But, that being said, I sometimes feel like I am not supposed to post pics of my boys b/c I don't want others to feel sad. I feel like I have been overloaded with blessings by having 3 and I feel like it's pushing my fortune in others faces I try to keep pics to my PR and Multiples board, but I'd love to post them here, just not sure if I should. Maybe we need more Grad update threads to get the oldies back to posting

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
March 7th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeToBeAMom View Post
I know for me personally, this is always the first board I check. I always give advice where I can. I try to post and I am definitley one of the golden oldies since 2005 I think. But, that being said, I sometimes feel like I am not supposed to post pics of my boys b/c I don't want others to feel sad. I feel like I have been overloaded with blessings by having 3 and I feel like it's pushing my fortune in others faces I try to keep pics to my PR and Multiples board, but I'd love to post them here, just not sure if I should. Maybe we need more Grad update threads to get the oldies back to posting
im the same way...id love to post pictures of my kiddos..but wasnt sure how it would be viewed... I know that in my lowest point in ttc I was not up for seeing grads post pics of their LO's....but I know that for some it helps them...i personally wasnt one of those (wish i had been) so thats why I hold back.

March 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This board was a huge help for me during our TTC journey! I do pop on here once in a while and try to post on threads, but it has been slow.

March 7th, 2011, 08:29 AM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was the first group I joined when I found JM, so I do consider it my "home" group I guess, but don't post much anymore. I read it every day, and do sometimes respond to a question I actually know the answer for. But since I only did clomid and then 1 cycle of injections I don't feel I have a lot to give, so I usually just read.

Plus being a grad I feel somewhat like an outsider. I mean we did have a long journey TTC, but I only did one cycle of injections. So I almost feel like I'm "one of those girls" kwim? I do try to post in any of the grad update threads though.

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

March 7th, 2011, 10:53 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
Ive been thinking the same thing.

personally for me.. alot of "familiar faces" are rare in here now. I dont know many of the women posting here anymore and thats so strange for me because at one time I felt incredibly close to this board and the women on it...I almost feel like a stranger or intruder anymore!! the board just feels...empty really.

there seems to be sooo many posters that i honestly cant keep up anyways... sure there are a few names i recognize but for the most part..it seems like there are more newbies than golden oldies LOL
Its just so many more people coming in and out, and not having a host to bring it all together (Get to know you threads, Cycle check ins...things like that) I would be willing to apply to be a host, I thought about it, but felt really weird, like I was trying to replace Brandi, Kari, or Lindsey and thats not the case.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
I've been on here for a few months. I try to be an encouragement to others. I've never been pregnant and I realize how hard it is to keep from being discouraged. Sorry if I'm too new. I do like this board and feel that there is a lot of valuable knowledge here to be shared. I hope I can be a contributor.
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
March 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
A180's Avatar Super Mommy
i too feel very out of place posting here. partly because we aren't currently ttc. and we got our bfp. i dont want to step on toes.. but i lurk all the time

Ariana Elena(^^Chubbyyy wubbyy^^)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search