What is happening for you this week?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Who has appointments, is testing, or has something going on this week? Let us know so we can cheer you on!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I got AF today, so I'll be calling my RE tomorrow to schedule CD3 bloodwork and another hydrosonogram. I'm on my way to another IVF cycle. Here goes!
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
March 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Ultrasound #3 on Tuesday.

made by BAM

March 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Scheduling a meeting with our new RE, hoping the ball rolls soon

Good luck to everyone with stuff going on this week!
March 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Super Mommy
aogilvie - what is a hydrosonogram?

as for me, i have to go to RE tuesday, if i havent ovulated already and have an US and get the prescription for Ovidrel trigger; IUI will be around wed or thursday

so, eating raspberries and drinking chamomile tea - supposed to aid in fertility and lots of water w fresh lemon

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I'm on 5mg of clomid. :X Unmonitored (first time ever), no trigger, just kind of seeing what happens.

We were going to do another month of BCP to prepare for the IVF (keep cysts away, endo contained) but when I was told it would be pointless to take because of the antibiotics I'm on for pneumonia, we decided Heck why not and went with it.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Should be consulting with Dr Sher and starting the full workup for immune testing and recurrent pregnancy loss. Dr Sher mentioned doing alloimmune assays due to my high number of losses and this has me heavily researching DQ-Alpha matching and the incredibly high cost of IViG

SA results (3rd analysis in last 4 years) also comes back this week. Interested to see if this lab finds anything different.

RE also refused to do Sperm DNA Frag test and after I pushed extensively, told me it would be $700. It's only $225 to get the test done YOURSELF, not needing a doc order. They send you a special cryo container and you can get the testing done yourself with no doc needed. Fracking liar and scam artist. Leaving that doc immediately.

March 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
A hydrosonogram is when they fill your uterus with water and do an ultrasound. That way they can see the uterus inflated in all its glory - check for polyps, growths, endo, lining, oddities, etc.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
March 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Nothing too big here...don't go to the RE until the 14th.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
babymomma's Avatar Veteran
Waiting, waiting, waiting! I am 9dpiui and 11dp trigger. Still getting faint lines and waiting for my big dark positive, if I get one : )

IVF #1 5/2014 16 retrieved, 14 fertilized (icsi), transferred 2 (4 cell) day 2...BFP 8dp2dt (10dpo). Beta 13dpo, 132. Beta 17dpo, 769.

March 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have another monitoring appt. on Wednesday. ER scheduled for Friday if Wednesday appt. is good. Hopefully transfer on Monday or Tuesday if I don't hyperstimmulate.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an appt with my RE on Friday to see if the Lupron has done its job and "suppressed" me. If so, I will start stims that night for my first IVF cycle.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
March 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Regular
I am on my TWW I am 7 days post trigger and 5 days post IUI...keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP stopped getting even faint lines from trigger two days after IUI.
March 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not this week but....Im taking action on my own and doing what I think needs to be done for me to be pregnant and stay pregnant. My current RE thinks baby aspirin is enough for my MTHFR gene mutation (she doesnt event think I need to be on that but entertained the idea because I wouldnt let it go, and took it anyway without her telling met to). Im sick of seeing all these people with the same mutation as me going on lovenox and FINALLY getting pregnant and delivering a baby. So, I am going back to square one and seeing my OB/GYN which I think is my only chance at getting lovenox. She is a great Dr and very caring and knows all we've been through and how long its been, I hope and pray she puts me on the lowest dose of lovenox and maybe progesterone as well. My appt is next Monday the 14th. Fingers Crossed. Im printing off and bringing in all my research with me, and the stories of other women with my same mutation.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Super Mommy
Love reading all the updates on everyone!

I got some great news this morning. The sequencial tests they ran at 12 & 16 weeks came back with low risk! The Downs risk (for my age) went from 1-in-88 to 1-in-4200! And my OB doesn't think we need to do an amnio! I am so pleased! And to celebrate, DH and I are going for an u/s tomorrow afternoon to see if the little booger will cooperate and show us the goods!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

March 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
Not this week but....Im taking action on my own and doing what I think needs to be done for me to be pregnant and stay pregnant. My current RE thinks baby aspirin is enough for my MTHFR gene mutation (she doesnt event think I need to be on that but entertained the idea because I wouldnt let it go, and took it anyway without her telling met to). Im sick of seeing all these people with the same mutation as me going on lovenox and FINALLY getting pregnant and delivering a baby. So, I am going back to square one and seeing my OB/GYN which I think is my only chance at getting lovenox. She is a great Dr and very caring and knows all we've been through and how long its been, I hope and pray she puts me on the lowest dose of lovenox and maybe progesterone as well. My appt is next Monday the 14th. Fingers Crossed. Im printing off and bringing in all my research with me, and the stories of other women with my same mutation.

GOOD FOR YOU ASHLEY! I know its probably random to see me pop in here, but I'm always on board with Lauren's TTC journey and so I lurk here a lot and always want to cheer people on but I don't really belong here... but I just had to comment on this. I am SO glad you're taking things into your own hands and demanding results and doing your own research! I haven't been in this position but from all I've learned from Lauren & Clint's journey, that's absolutely necessary and I'm glad you're taking the initiative to push for more when its needed!

oh and also...

baby dust all around!!!

March 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I"ll repeat what I said on Facebook Ashley- RUN from that doc!!!!!!!! It should be so easy for a doc to prescribe the right stuff and baby aspirin after all this time is bordering on negligence to me.

I also know that Dr Sher told me that if you do believe in Natural Killer Cells, then the more miscarriages you have, the more those start to elevate, and you start to miscarry earlier and earlier. They are memory cells. So the idea is, the more you have losses, the more it is likely to repeat. He told me that getting pregnant right now is bad for pregnancy! If I get pregnant again and lose it, unmedicated without immune meds, that could bode badly for the future.

March 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at the doctor Ashley. I hope they listen and will start you on the lovenox. For me AF is due thursday, so i will prolly wait till sunday to test if shes late( which i hope she is )

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
March 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Good luck Ashley!!! I am with Babymama- waiting!! I am 8 dpiui and 10 dpt. I didn't test today, but saw a shadow of a trigger line still yesterday. I don't think I am going to test again until Wednesday- 10 dpiui.
March 8th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now I'm testing out my trigger (7 dpt and 5 dpiui) and will go in for a progesterone check on Thursday. Still getting pretty dark lines on my tests. No real symptoms at all except for pinchy cramps at night. I actually feel more PMS-y than anything.

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search