What was/is the top 3 things that drove/drive you crazy about ttc with ma?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me it was:
1. listening to relatives tell me to just "relax" and it will happen
2. watching friends and family get pregnant without trying
3. feeling like I was constantly being poked and prodded by my RE and myself between shots, ultrasounds, etc.

March 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
- The constant feeling of failure. After all the work I put in it through the month, only to get a BFN at the end, & it was all for NOTHING.

- Peoples dumb comments "Relax", "Let God handle it", "Your trying to hard"

-The side effects. haha
March 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Constantly being surrounded by complaining pregnant people and their comments ("You don't want kids, right?")

2. Worry. Worry about it not working, worry about it working (2 m/cs in 6 months will do this to you....)

3. That dam ultrasound wand.

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. FAILURE

2. People constantly giving their advice, and the good ol' "Relax and it'll happen" bit...

3. The feeling of possibly never having my own child. Its taken me years to entertain that thought, but I feel like I finally need to start accepting that may be my fate.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
1. Complete loss of control over my own life
2. Spending thousands of dollars on TTC instead of enjoying life, saving for retirement, etc.
3. Watching everyone around me take their kids/fertility for granted.

But that ultrasound wand was pretty terrible...thanks for making me chuckle, Kristen!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

March 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
But that ultrasound wand was pretty terrible...thanks for making me chuckle, Kristen!
This is our first cycle of MA, and my husband thinks the ultrasound wand is getting more action from me than he is....

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
everything- the fact that leading up to MA was the loss of two perfectly healthy babies because MY body failed. Up to then I was just blindly believing it was some fluke of nature.

I guess for me the 3 worsts:
- feeling like a failure as a mom, wife, human being (yes it's a really ba week for me right now).
- havingALL the Ob staff and pharmacy staff know me by name.
- family. Friends. If I hear "oh but you are so young. You have plenty of time!" one more time I might really loss it! Yes I am 24 but it doesn't matter!!! I could be 40 and have the same problem. I've heard my daughter ask god for a baby brother for almost 2.5 years and it kills me inside when she says that god doesn't listen to her. Plus family says " if it's gods will it'll happen. Maybe god is trying to teach you something.". Yeah what is he teaching me? That it sucks all of it.

Rant over - I have been in tears or feeling like it all day and just a fowl mood overall.

Last edited by Fallen2Love; March 7th, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
March 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots216 View Post
This is our first cycle of MA, and my husband thinks the ultrasound wand is getting more action from me than he is....
Oh yes, my DH thought that, too. He once told me he was going to dress up as a doctor for Halloween because "you'll let anyone with a white coat have access." HA HA!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

March 9th, 2011, 06:12 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE the comments about the ultrasound wand!

March 9th, 2011, 07:38 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
- The side effects of the clomid
- Having to go to the RE every other day for bloodwork/ultrasounds. I spent more time at the RE's office than at home
- Spending all of our money on it, being totally broke and still not having a baby. Feeling of failure and having to give up hope because you are out of money.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) All those people who tell me to "just relax" and it will happen! And those who seem to question that anything could be wrong at all. For example, people ask me why the doctors think I am having trouble. I tell them that my FSH is slightly high so that means my egg quality might be diminished. They respond by saying something like - "That can't be true because you are young . I don't think that Drs. know what they're talking about." That's really not helpful to me!

2) The cost of treatments and the fact that most insurance plans don't cover any of it.

3) The fact that there seems to be a taboo about talking about fertility issues in public. I have no idea who around me has gone through something similar because so many people are reluctant to talk about it!

Thanks for starting this thread. It gave me a chance to vent
Started TTC #1 July 2009
Three IUIs - BFNs
IVF - Cycle Cancelled
Three Rounds of Mini-IVF = 5 frozen embryos
July 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
November 2011 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!! Aven Born on August 4, 2012

July 2014 - Got Pregnant Naturally with Twins! Miscarriage at 9 weeks.
November 2014 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search