timing IUI correctly

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Super Mommy
are your docs having you trigger, if you are using a trigger, and doing procedure next day, or 2 days after?

also, my first IUI was done by my OB and he did IUI back to back 2 days in a row, so as not to miss anything, as this ovulation thing is so unpredictable; the RE only does one day

Anyone?

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 7th, 2011, 01:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I did 3 natural IUIs, and my OB had me come in for the IUI 24 hours after I got a positive OPK at home.

With the RE I did Clomid and a trigger...I did the IUI 36 hours after the trigger. Neither doc believed that doing back-to-back IUIs was worth it; I used to have a study about that bookmarked, and I'll try to find it again.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
I did Clomid with a trigger - she was watching me and I just wasn't going to O early enough on my own, so that's why I did the trigger.

My trigger was about 36 hours before my IUI. She told us to BD immediately after the trigger and then again the evening of my IUI (IUI was at 9 am) just to cover all the bases. They initially talked to me about doing back-to-back, but then decided it would be a waste as long as we BD'd.

Did they do bloodwork and an ultrasound right before your IUI? They can time it pretty well with the ultrasounds - my RE told me she thought I would O around 11 am based on my u/s, and sure enough I got major O pains at 11:30 (I had HUGE follies).

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
My IUI last month was 24 hours after the trigger injection. She also gave me an injection of progesterone the day of the IUI.

She will let me know when the IUI will be after my ultrasound and trigger on 3/15.

I always worry/question the timing too. i know you ovulate 24-48 hours after the trigger. How long does the specimen live inside you after the IUI and if the ovulation doesn't occur for another 24 hours after IUI will it still work?
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
March 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
I read somewhere that washed sperm live 12-24 hours - don't remember where I saw that though?

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's tough for us with IUI's and Clomid. The RE's here don't do any monitoring until you're using injectables. So, I have to book 3 days of IUI's when I think I will ovulate. I take OPK's and when I get my first + I go in for IUI the day after. So, we have no real heads up and it's very difficult to plan! If we have to move onto the next step I think at least the upside is that it will be less stressful!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
My RE had me do an US on CD 14 to measure my follies- I got a +opk on CD 16 I believe and we did the IUI the next day. I was on 50mg of clomid and that's it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search