What's your diagnosis and plan?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to keep track of everyone and their situations, so I just have a few questions.

What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)?

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements?

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures?

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication?

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures?

What is your current regimen/plan?
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
March 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)?
unexplained infertility
This was the official diagnosis, but when not taking supplements, I ovulate late.

Maca, EPO, lemon water, soy isoflavones, vitamin B

accupuncture

clomid

1 IUI

Next cycle (AF should be here tomorrow) I plan to continue with the above herb/supplement list. I plan to change the dosage of soy isoflavones, and add some additional things like bee pollen, wheat grass and false unicorn.

We plan to do IUI for the next 2 cycles (no western medicines though) and then move on to IVF.

DH is going to start taking the following this month:

Sarsaparilla
L-Arginine
Selenium
Zinc
Panax Ginseng
Bee Pollen
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET

Last edited by Jacquie; March 9th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
March 9th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? PCOS

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? Natural? Nothing really.. Geritol. Lemon water. Mint tea.

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? Meditation?

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Clomid

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? Clomid and trigger shot. Resulted in pregnancy with a loss.

What is your current regimen/plan? Clomid and progesterone suppositories. Hoping to get pregnant again and have the progesterone sustain it!
March 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? Luteal Phase Defect

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? Soy, Lemon Detox, B

None

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Femara- 2.5 mg ~ Resulted in BFP that I lost at six weeks
What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? None

What is your current regimen/plan? Femara and Prednisone

March 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? Endometriosis and antiphospholipid disorder (blood clotting problem that affects ability to carry baby to term).

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? A herbal medication prescribed by my acupuncturist, lemon water, spearamint tea, pineapple

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? Acupuncture for three months so far.

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Clomid + trigger and IVF meds.

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? IUI + Clomid 50-100mg X 3; IVF + ICSI that resulted in a BFP and miscarriage of identical twins at 11 weeks.

What is your current regimen/plan? Acupuncture + herbs, lemon water, and tea and getting pre-screening procedures done for another fresh IVF cycle in May.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
March 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Super Mommy
low ovarian reserve, age, not ovulating; ovarian cysts

lemon water, chamomile tea, raspberries, raisin bran every am, green tea

tried Mucinex a few times, as well as Primrose Oil - primrose oil apparently has progesterone in it so i am staying away

Acupuncture 1x week - about a month now

Femara 5mg x 5 days, day 2-6; Ovidrel Trigger shot

IUI in 12/10 - NADA

having an IUI this Friday or Sat; if nothing will do 2 more IUIs w femara; then move to IVF, in need be

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 10th, 2011, 03:32 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? male factor, Endo, possible blocked tubes

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? Green Tea

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? None

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Clomid, Trigger shot, Gonal-F, Menopur

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? 2 IUI's, 1 IVF (hyperstimulated) 2009

IVF #2 ER tomorrow, no transfer, doing LAP, then FET in May/June

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 10th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis?
Unexplained recurrent losses - possible hormone imbalance, but not sure yet.

I tried soy before I had any problems, and it gave me 2 BFPs but I lost them both.

Nothing yet, but I may try acupuncture next cycle.

Clomid + Trigger

Boatloads of testing including hysteroscopy and post-coital, and finally an IUI last week since my post-coital came back iffy.

Waiting to see if my IUI worked. Currently 7 dpIUI and going for a progesterone check in a few minutes. If this one didn't work, I'll do 2 more cycles of clomid and then re-evaluate.

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? Slight male factor, Blocked right tube, and heterozygeous gene mutation

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? Lemon Water, Geritol, Fish Oil, Soy

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? Acupuncture

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Clomid, Ovidrel

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? HSG, 2 IUI's ...not wasting our money on that anymore since it just doesnt seem to be the best choice for our "issues"

What is your current regimen/plan? Its up in the air right now. I have an appt with my old OB/GYN on Monday (14th) to see if she will be the one to finally prescribe me lovenox to see if that is what I finally need to sustain a pregnancy. If she wont prescribe it, I need to continue my search for someone who will, and if she does and it doesnt work ( ) then were moving onto IVF in the summer.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 10th, 2011, 11:57 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your official fertility diagnosis (male factor, pcos, endo, age, unexplained infertility, etc.)? PCOS

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? Soy

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? None

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? Clomid, trigger, metformin

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? none yet

What is your current regimen/plan? I'm on CD 3 taking clomid days 3-7 and then hopeful ovulation. No trigger this cycle.

My Blog
March 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
What is your official fertility diagnosis? unexplained infertility

What have you tried so far in terms of natural herbs/supplements? peppermint tea, pineapple, geritol

What have you tried so far in terms of eastern medicine procedures? none

What have you tried so far in terms of western fertility medication? 6 cycles of Femara + injectible HCG, last cycle was an IUI, and also last month had an HSG test.

What have you tried so far in terms of western medical procedures? HSG and IUI

What is your current regimen/plan? IUI scheduled for 3/15 or 16th. I will trigger on the 15th after my ultrasound. BW on CD 21 as usual.
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search