Friday Five!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All about your DH!

1. Where did you and DH meet?

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting?

3. How long after being together did you move in together?

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him?

5. What is your least favorite thing about him?
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Where did you and DH meet? Technically, high school, but we were just friends and I was in a relationship at the time. A few months after college started, I broke up with the BF and went with a friend to see her boyfriend. My hubby was the friend's bf. That night (when we got back to school 2 hours away), we talked on the internet and he drove down the next day. After that, the rest was history.

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? Well after we met up the 2nd time in college, we started dating and said that since we lived so far apart, that we could date other people, but neither of us did and we were pretty much together ever since.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? Well we only saw each other on weekends and we had to stay with each other since we lived so far apart. We got engaged about a year after dating and then the following summer, he lived with me. Then went back to school for 1 more semester and then moved in permanently.

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? He's so smart and loves tech things.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? The fact that he isn't very organized and doesn't plan things very well. I guess that's why I'm around.

My Blog
March 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Regular
All about DH!

1. Where did you and DH meet? He worked with my Mom many years ago...

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? About 10 years...

3. How long after being together did you move in together? About a week...

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? He likes to snuggle almost as much as I do...

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? He looses everything!
March 11th, 2011, 07:43 AM
All about your DH!

1. Where did you and DH meet? High School, but we both were in relationships. We both were single about a year after high school when we finally started hanging out and talking in that way!

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? Well it was about a year after high school, but it was only about two months after ending my relationship with the other guy.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? Haha. About a month! It was actually about 20 days.

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? I know its cheesy but its really hard for me to pick just one thing, he is a very special person. I guess my FAVORITE thing would be that he is the most honest person I have ever met and I never ever have to worry about him lying. That also goes along with the fact that if he says he is going to do something, he does it. I LOVE that about him. He's VERY much a go getter.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? How he will open up the pantry and whatever he is looking for is right in his view but he still cant find it. Or in a drawer, his closet, his car...anywhere!!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 11th, 2011, 07:55 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
All about your DH!

1. Where did you and DH meet? At college. He ran track with my roomate and his best friend was roomates with my brother - small world, right?

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? We knew each other through friends (and my brother) for about 8 months before we starting thinking about each other "in that way" When I first met him though, my first reaction was "that's the kind of guy I'm going to end up with". He was dating someone else at the time though, so I never really thought "him" until later.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? We dated for about two years in college where we didn't technically live together, but stayed at each other's places mostly every night. Then we traveled for about three years both together and apart. When we were together in countries, we lived together then.

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? My absolute favorite thing about him is that he is kind. Absolutely the kindest person I've ever met and he can/will talk to anyone. He's funny as all get out and very very respectful/empathetic of others feelings and perspectives. He also does what he says he's going to do. Awesome!

5. [B]What is your least favorite thing about him? He farts while he pees. Aaaaaarghh! Its so annoying!!!
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!

Last edited by aogilvie; March 11th, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
March 11th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
We met at a happy hour, but were introduced by a mutual friend. At the time, I had a boyfriend I had been dating on and off for 8 years.

About 2 months. It took me that long to break up with aforementioned boyfriend.

Only about 8 months. We got engaged 2 weeks after we moved in together.

He is the kindest and most patient person I know. He's pretty darn cute too.

His constant flipping of the channels on TV when an ad comes on. Drives me nuts. I have to re-possess the remote sometimes!!!

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aogilvie View Post
5. What is your least favorite thing about him? He farts while he pees. Aaaaaarghh! Its so annoying!!!
Haha, Hilarious!!!! My hubby does the same thing first thing in the morning. Must be a guy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots216 View Post
His constant flipping of the channels on TV when an ad comes on. Drives me nuts. I have to re-possess the remote sometimes!!!
Yes, my hubby also does the same thing. He does it with the radio too.

My Blog
March 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aogilvie View Post

5. [b]What is your least favorite thing about him? He farts while he pees. Aaaaaarghh! Its so annoying!!!
Im at work and I laughed out loud at this My husband does the SAME THING! And I am going to show this to him tonight and he is going to crack up because I tell him he is weird and no one else does that!! HAHAHA!!

March 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Veteran
All about your DH!

1. Where did you and DH meet? During high school. We went to different high schools and met through mutual friends.

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? A few months. I let him chase me down and pursue me!

3. How long after being together did you move in together? Not until the week before our wedding!!

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? His kind heart, he doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone, and he will help anyone with anything.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? Same thing as Ashley said he has what I like to call "tunnel vision" if its not RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE he can't find it! But really he just needs to look a little harder.

Cycles 1-12 all BFN's. Going straight to IVF per RE advice.

February 2011 IVF
2.24.2011. Retrieval 16 eggs! 15 were mature and 12 fertilized!
3.1.2011. Transferred 2 blasts!!
3.2.2011. 4 "beautiful" blasts on ice
3.11.2011. IVF #1 unsuccessful

5.20.2011. FET BFP!! 82
5.23.2011. 83
5.25.2011. 130
5.27.2011. 168 devastated
5.31.2011. 293 (saw sac on u/s)
6.3.2011. sac not growing m/c confirmed

9.2011. Planning another FET
March 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
1. Where did you and DH meet? at a bar - i went up to him, told him he was the cutest guy in the bar, gave him my card, and said, "We are going on a date nex tweekend."

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? pretty much right away

3. How long after being together did you move in together? about a year

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? he is soooo patient and understanding it is ridiculous; he never has a bad word to say about anyone; he is such a wonderful support system

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? he is neurotic, i mean, crazy , about cleaning the shower every morning; i mean, the spray goes on and on

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Where did you and DH meet? We went to the same high school but since he is a year younger than me I dont remember him although im sure we ran into eachother at some point. We met when I was a freshman in college( he was a high school senior) when I was home for the weekend visitng friends.

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? he had a girlfriend at the time, so it was prolly about 3 or 4 months before we started dating.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? 4 years

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? he can make me laugh all the time. Even when im mad and him doing something to make me laugh makes it worse in that moment, i usually always end up laughing in the end.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? he forgets everything. I tell him that i swear when we have kids hes going to forget to pick them up from somewhere one day.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
March 11th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Angel_Maker

We met on the first day of 6th grade! I was 10, he was 11

We were "boyfriend and girlfriend" all of 7th and 8th grade, then we broke up in 9th grade and were apart for 6 years before reconnecting over the internet [thank goodness for AIM ] I was actually engaged to someone else, but broke things off with him after hanging out with David for a few hours after having not seen him in years....it was like falling in love with him all over again

We started dating [again] in September 2004, and I bought my house in May 2005...he moved in like a month later

His sense of humor. I am a very "serious" person, and he helps to keep things more light hearted and fun around the house...I tend to get stressed out easily and he's the ONLY ONE who can make me feel like everything will be alright

He's pretty darn lazy
March 11th, 2011, 03:28 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
1. Where did you and DH meet? In my parents driveway...he was playing chauffeur for his younger brother(who was my friend) and I was playing chaperone for my friend(who was dating his younger brother).

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting?Uhm...we met in August 2004, have been together since, but didn't acknowledge that we were a couple until valentine's 2005, and didn't publicly declare we were a couple until august 2005

3. How long after being together did you move in together?we moved in the day we got married, lol, 2 years, 1 month, and 3 weeks after meeting

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? He can always make me laugh

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? He snores....and farts when he snores, so its a double whammy

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

March 11th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Veteran
1. Where did you and DH meet? At work

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? Hmmm, not sure really, we worked together so we knew who each other was, but didn't really talk to each except for work related purposes. If I had to guess I'd say a year after we met.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? Ummmm, on our first date, I slept over and stayed over every single night after that. So less than 24 hours.

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? He is just a really great person...I am very lucky to have someone who cares so much about me.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? He forgets EVERYTHING.

March 12th, 2011, 05:44 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
1. Where did you and DH meet? We met on Myspace. lol We met in person the very next day at his work.

2. How long before you were a couple after meeting? Minutes? DH says a day, going by the online meeting.

3. How long after being together did you move in together? 5 weeks, we moved very fast in the beginning

4. What is your absolute favorite thing about him? Physically, the way his eyes light up when he smiles. Personality wise, I was GOING to say how supportive he is, but I also love his sarcastic sense of humor.

5. What is your least favorite thing about him? Stubborness

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search