Is this a complete joke?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Ok, now I know why our country is in the condition that it is, its because we have so many law makers as nutty and fruity as this piece of work...I cannot believe this even exsists with consideration, it makes me sick to my stomach and I haven't been able to stop thinking about how sick it is...I am pro life all the way but I certainly don't think the penalty should be death, God should be the one to decide what happens in their lives but the miscarriage part has me outraged! I have never miscarried but know so many devestated by them...I am just....speechless.

Miscarriage of Justice: Georgia Lawmaker Proposes Death Penalty for Miscarriages

March 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I saw that last week, and it made my stomach turn.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is really disgusting- to put a woman through an investigation after losing her precious little one is unthinkable.
March 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am actually pro-choice (my personal choice is to never have an abortion but I think everyone should have a right to do whatever they want). I think these guy is bonkers and shouldn't be allowed to restrict the choice, but further more about the miscarriage part. It would be so difficult to police, but I think the theory is good. If you are going to ban abortions (or even if not), you shouldn't be allowed to miscarry your own baby. I know of several women who have done this to themselves because they don't have enough money for an abortion or whatever the reason. BUT....they are lots of women who have true miscarriages who did not ever intend to do such a thing. So how would you enforce it? It would be impossible. Take a woman falling down the stairs. How do you determine that she fell by accident or fell on purpose? I guess we just need to have more advertising for free clinics, etc.

My Blog
March 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw this last week and tried to avoid it. It makes me sick to my stomach, especially for someone like me who continues to miscarry over and over, most likely because of incompetent Dr's. I cant even go any further with this because this just upsets me so much, these people are heartless and downright idiots.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Yeah, I don't think their is any way or form to twist this into being ok, a woman that purposely tries to kill her baby isn't miscarrying, she is killing her baby, not the same thing in my opinion, I am not talking about the abortion portion of this article because its too controversial, I am talking about the miscarriage thing...it won't hold up, ever, but it just amazes me that someone is out there, a lawmaker of all things, that comes up with this complete bull.

March 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree, he shouldn't use the word miscarry, because what he is describing (someone who purposely kills their baby) isn't the same thing. But it's also an article that is trying to get attention and could very well be stretching what he says to make it more interesting.

My Blog
March 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
oh ya..i saw this and was raging with anger! I cant believe they would do something like that..i guess all we can do is pray for this country! Its soo sad! Its just cruel to do something like that!! GRRR!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
March 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What??? That is absurd. Urgh

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this guy is a quack.

He also wanted Rape Victims to be referred to as Rape ACCUSERS. It sounds to me like this guy has a grudge against women....

I had read that a similar bill was proposed in Utah last year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search