Nursing School - OT children ment

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just had to say.... that I put my application in for nursing school today!!!

its kind of bittersweet for me... it means I wont be able to spend teh same amount of one on one time with Scarlett that I did Bryar...but Ive wanted to be a nurse for a very long time.

another reason is dh took a new job so that I could stay at home( i was previously a WAHM) for a while and have the opportunity to go to school if i wanted...the downside is...he is going to be gone A LOT....traveling for 8 months out of the year with a few weeks here and there at home. so becoming a nurse sooner rather than later will allow him to accept fewer jobs or a job closer to home for less pay. He told me I could wait on school for a few more years..but I hate the thought of him missing out on the kids that much...so im going to suck it up and go to school like originally planned...well thats if I get IN.

Im also applying to an Occupational therapy assistant program just in case..hopefully one fo the two will take me LOL. its the same wage as a nurse and I could get a job in a school working with autistic and developmentally challenged children...which means summer break and all other holiday schedules off with my children.

When I dropped off my nursing app today I was so nervous going in..thinking am i making the right decision to do this...and once I did it..I felt so relieved... but im not going to lie....Im going to miss my babies like crazy

a previous student at the same program said my schedule will be 2-3 days of class and clinical so on my down days I plan on keeping the kids home with me and spending lots of quality time together to make up for being gone at school the other days.

so if you could...send me a little prayer that I get in..its tough competition out there these days for nursing school!!!!

Last edited by *CAMM*; March 11th, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
March 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
March 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Angel_Maker
Good luck hunnie!

I'm already dreading being away from Ally while I'm at work all day, but I know that it will make the time we spend together that much more precious!
March 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is great news, Christin! I know you have been wanting to do this for a long time...keep us posted!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 12th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Nursing is the best career choice I could have ever made! You're going to love it!

Lucky mother to five!

March 14th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone!!

going to be so many changes...dh's new job means a lot of time away from the house for travel...6-12 weeks at a time..so im doing this as a single mom pretty much!! Ive always taken care of the kids..because i was a WAHM...so daycare is going to be a new adventure too.

March 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh thats so awesome Christin! Good Luck, I really hope you get in!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
Oh thats so awesome Christin! Good Luck, I really hope you get in!!!
Thank you Ashley!

competition is tough here...so fingers crossed!

March 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
You are going to need a Superwoman shirt...sounds like you'll have a full plate.

Do you know how long it will be before you'll find out?

Melissa & DH

March 14th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I should find out by the end of May.

I know..i m a little scared of how much Im going to be responsible for...dh and I have always been partners on everything..and with him gone so much its going to be difficult.

March 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
I know..i m a little scared of how much Im going to be responsible for...dh and I have always been partners on everything..and with him gone so much its going to be difficult.
Take this with a grain of salt since I don't have experience with this as a Mommy, but when my husband was deployed for 4 months at a time, it was kind of empowering. Yes, it was scary to be solely responsible for everything, but it was a great learning experience for me, and I gained a lot of confidence.

Remind me that I said this when DH starts deploying again You might have to give me your pointers for being a temporarily-single Mommy!

Melissa & DH

March 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Good luck Christan!! AHH! im soo excited for you..i cant imagine what it will be like to be away from the kiddos..but its soo good for you!! Praying for you!
March 16th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I hope you are right melissa!!! Dh and I havent been apart for more than a few days since I was 18...im 27!

I already handle almost everything except for anything car related...but its going to be really different not having him here to help put the kids to bed or taking Bryar fishing every night this spring and summer --thats all they did last year..every night dh would come home and take Bryar fishing unless the weather was nasty..it was so cute!!

Since I just had scarlett I wasnt able to start my last few pre reqs until just NOW..monday was first day of class and they are only 8 weeks long so its really fast paced...i figure if I can pull off A's and B's for 12 credit hours worth of 8 week long classes while taking care of the kids by myself 95% of the time ....then I should have a decent shot at making it through nursing school..i hope anyways!

Thanks Jessie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search