Success rates ?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm at a loss. Dh asked me why things didn't work this month (timed intercourse) Idk why. We had 3 appealingly mature normal follicles. We dtd enough. I just don't know. Dh said "well anytime we've dtd during o time you've gotten pregnant.". Ummm not exactly! I've been off birth control for 2 years. We have only conceived twice. Not to mention just a slim chance each month anyways. I just don't know what to tell him. Idk why Things didn't work this cycle.

We can keep trying 3 more cycles with the obgyn then it's off to an re. But dh and I are not comfy with iui or ivf. Idk what other options we'd have at that point. We talked a bit about adoption, I just don't know. Would it be better to just head to an re now? 6 cycles seems like a fair shot but I just am scared!
March 13th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whats uncomfortable about IUI? Its as low as $500 and adoption is $20000

March 13th, 2011, 07:28 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My RE told me that in his experience, about 50% of couples he treats will get pregnant on Clomid +/- IUI, and about 50% of the remaining couples will get pregnant on injectables +/- IUI. Also my RE does 3-4 cycles on each med, period. He will not do more.

Has your OB done any testing on you or your DH? And what monitoring are you getting? I usually tend to recommend the RE because they seem to be more thorough and know more.
March 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
My RE told me the same stats as Nicole!

We pay OOP and my IUI was only $280. We live in a major metropolitan area too, and things are pretty expensive around here. It was also significantly less "weird" than I thought it would be.

Definitely see an RE, they test for things that regular OBs don't look for. Plus they (well, mine anyways...) have a way of making you comfortable with all of the testing and procedures involved. Even if things don't work out for us, it's been a great experience and I feel so much better with the situation since we have more information to work with.

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
March 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have anything against ivf or iui - it just doesn't seem right for us. Maybe that will change idk. I feel more then blessed to have one biological child. In my heart, I've always wanted to foster to adopt when dd is older. However I don't think I'm old enough by most web sites .
I'm mostly concern - do we even hav a shot?
My Ob has extra training in re so I have added comfort there. I just don't know if I'd really be worth it. I go into the office on cd 14 and 21 (ultrasound & trigger, progesterone blood work). I think that's the normal based on what I've read. I know they don't normally treat any fertility problems in the office. I feel like I'm the exception to the rule. Which is why I wonder about an re. She's done the same testing an re would request except and hsg (??). I am planning to call today when they open. I have a laundry list of questions at the moment.
March 14th, 2011, 06:07 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that Brandi got pregnant with some natural remedies and it worked for a few other ladies on this board. Maybe someone can direct you to her information she posted a while back.

March 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Also - what are the odds of fixing (long term) a LPD? I mean, the hope is doing this stuff even if I don't get a bfp that it is "teaching" my body to act right in a sense. Does that ever really happen or just false hope?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search