? For those who have hyper stimulated. Might need to call RE

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wondering if I should call my RE in the morning. My pain is tolerable but I'm not sure when it becomes a concern. My stomach feels like I have a 10 lbs weight in it(below my belly button), it also feels really gassy, sore and tender. I'm bloated and just feel blah. I can't walk fast I feel like an old lady. It hurts when Im going in the sit down motion, fine when I'm sitting but then painful when I go to stand up and walk around.

Is all this normal with OHSS? I just don't know if all this is normal or if I should call me RE

Any thoughts????

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I think some pain is pretty normal, as well as that feeling of bloating and heaviness. Is your RE having you weigh yourself? My RE had me weigh myself every morning, first thing and naked, to watch for sudden weight gain...that is a sign of a big problem.

I'm sorry you are in pain...I hope it gets better very soon.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 13th, 2011, 12:29 PM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
It is normal... but I would call your RE tomorrow and see if they want you to come in... there is a VERY slight possibility with OHSS that your swollen ovaries could twist and cause MAJOR problems so if the pain gets any worse I would go straight to the ER and forget about waiting until the morning. I went the ER when I felt it was getting a little worse and they gave me an IV and some pain mendication. It was much more bearable after that. I hope you feel better!!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
March 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks ladies. I will keep an eye on my symptoms. I have not been weighing myself. I would like to add that my stomach also hurts when I cough and sneeze:-(

Brynn 30,

March 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pain and bloating is very normal after the ER.

My OHSS started out with neasea and vomiting 5 days after the transfer. And then about 24-36 hours later I litereally looked like I was 6 months pregnant. And, I had gained about 8-10 lbs over night (in fluid). Also, another symptom of OHSS to look for is dark colored urine. TMI....my urine turned to a dark, orangish color and all I had been drinking was water. When I had all those symptoms (neasea, vomiting, and dark urine) that's when I realized it was OHSS and called the doctor.

Your symptoms sound normal for an ER, but call your doctor if you're concerned.
March 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Super Mommy
i have never done this procedure, but i am a huge believer in calling a doctor if you have pain and symptoms that are out of the ordinary for you; i mean, what is the harm in paging the doctor? nothing - i hope that you do page him - seriously this could be serious

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 13th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Veteran
I agree with Allison, I experianced nausea, weight gain and even didn't pee much and when I did it was very dark in color. I had tolerable pain more or less just felt really bloated. I didn't really get too concerned until I started having trouble breathing. We did the er on I think a Tuesday and by Friday my heart rate was up and I was having trouble taking deep breaths. He didn't think there was anything wrong with me but told me to come in and let him look "to make me feel better". I went and he did an ultrasound and was shocked to find I had fluid around my liver. He sent me home with a script for the nausea because I couldn't even drink water because I felt so full (although then come to find out water was not what they wanted me to drink). My stomach was hard around my belly button because my ovaries were so enlarged that was my left ovary I was feeling. I also got a script for lovanox injections which is a blood thinner to decrease my chances of a blood clot. He told me all the things to look for over the weekend and gave me the # to the dr on call of the weekend and went ahead and called that dr to give him a heads up about me while I was there. I went in to the er on Sunday b/c my heart rate was up around 160 or so and bp was very high. My heart rate was fluctuating from 140-200!! Needless to say they admitted me, it was funny though b/c the er dr wanted to examine me before the on call re came in and looked at my stomach and I told him it was so swollen because my ovaries are so enlarged they are up around my belly button. He just looked at me and said "well what are they going to do about that??" It was really kind of funny I don't think he had ever had any experiances with OHSS. I spent 4 days in the hospital and gained 7 lbs overnight the first night until they put a drainage tube in.
I would say take it easy but do get up and wal around to decrease the chances of a blood clot, keep drinking gatorade and just watch to make sure you are still peeing and not gaining weight. Hope that helps but if you start having increased heart rate or weight gain or trouble breating call asap!
March 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only had a mild case but I was super bloated, had mild pain, and didn't pee much. I found that drinking lots of Gatorade helped a lot. But you should call your Dr if it gets worse or you are concerned.
March 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
4eyes- thank you for all the info. Very good to know.

I did call my RE and based on my egg count and E2 he said he is not at all surprised and said that is why we are not doing a transfer. He said if I have sever pain then I need to go in but if it's mild to moderate pain then just take it easy. I have an appointment on Tuesday but he said I'm more then welcome to come in on tomorrow if I feel I need to.

I'll keep everyone posted on how I feel. ***sigh***

Brynn 30,

March 14th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Veteran
Brynn just wanted to ck in and see how you were feeling?
March 14th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks 4eyes.....I feel kinda weird saying that. LOL

I feel a lot better only sore when I'm getting up and down and walking fast. I'm a fast walker so it's really hard for me to slow down. I have an appointment tomorrow with my RE. He is going to do an u/s to see what my ovaries look like. Hopefully things will get back to normal and I will see AF soon so I can get tis LAP done. I'm really nervous about being put to sleep again. The only other time when when I had a D/C.......not a very nice experience.

Thanks for thinking of me. I will update everyone tomorrow.

Brynn 30,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search