experience with PGD?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Regular
Hoping for any feedback if anyone considered or had PGD with their IVF cycle? I am headed for my ER this Tuesday and it looks as if we will have the # of embryos necessary but am on the fence as I know there are merits but no guarantees to the procedure. We have no genetic conditions, only 1 past m/c and our issue is male infertility but we are both 40. Our RE did give us the pros and cons of PGD but is advocating for it due to our ideal goal of only transferring one if at all possible (we've already been blessed w/one child naturally).

Would love to hear anyone's experience - thanks for sharing!
March 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We considered it...we also wanted a single embryo transfer ideally, and we wanted to make sure we did everything we could do to make it a success. We payed for everything OOP, and the extra cost was a huge consideration. Since we have no known genetic issues and are younger (29 and 31) we opted against it. We also ended up transferring 2 embryos, and ended up a healthy little girl.

Something else to consider is the lab that would be doing it. The lab that we used did less than 10 PGDs last year...this isn't something they routinely do.

Sorry I can't be more help. Off of the top of my head, I can't think of a grad who has done PGD, but if I think of someone, I'll let you know.

ETA: Okay...there is a grad who either did PGD or was going to because they were concerned about hemophilia...anyone remember who this was?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 13th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Tresy's Avatar Veteran
We did PGD with our last IVF cycle and I have to say that I am so happy we did. We had 5 prior fresh IVF cycles, all of which our RE would say were "text book", totally perfect. We went through a total of 13 embyos, most being 5 day blasts with no BFP at the end of any cycle. Our last cycle we did PGD and they transferred the best blast & saved 2 for a surrogate. We now have a 3 year old son. We went back for the other 2 this past August but it didn't work. It was crazy to see that out of 17 embryos from that cycle, only 3 were genetically normal! Even though the PGD was pricey, the excess IVF cycles cost even more. Good luck to you!!

Jake & Daddy in their Converse

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search