Two for Tuesday

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
1. Who has been the most supportive person IRL of your journey (besides your SO)? How have they helped you? 2. Who has been the least supportive & why?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Veteran
1. Who has been the most supportive person IRL of your journey (besides your SO)? How have they helped you?
There are very few people who even know about our infertility...my sisters are always there for me and although I tend to not talk about it, I have emailed them (writing it is easier than speaking it) and they would do whatever they could to help me. However, I have to say that the most helpful person, is also a very unlikely one, but it is my manager at work. He and his wife made the choice to not have children and we have talked extensively about their decision and how it's affected their life and what it's like to live a life without children. When I was in my worst frame of mind during TTC, he was able to put alot into perspective for me. So although I want a child, I now realize that i can't let it control my life like it had for so long. I am very grateful to him.

2. Who has been the least supportive & why?
I haven't told anyone that I would think wouldn't support me. Not to mention, if someone chose to not support me they would probably no longer be part of my life. I don't deal with people like that.

March 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
most supportive - hands down, my momma she has been totally amazing and i cant ask for anything better than her

least supportive - my brother; him and i are not close to begin with, but i have tried to talk to him and share with him what is going on and he flat out, doe snot want to hear about it - i am done trying w him; i have enough friends, male and female, to talk to

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
1. Who has been the most supportive person IRL of your journey (besides your SO)? How have they helped you?
Not counting my mom, it would be my best friend Jessica. She's known about our journey even longer than my mom has and has always 10000% been supportive. She remembers when we are cycling and knows if I am extra ****** its due to the drugs and stuff, and she's never ONCE told me that I need to just relax, lol

2. Who has been the least supportive & why? Probably anyone other than my mom or my best friend....everyone else tells us to just relax, and what is meant to be will be, and that we're rediculous to even contemplate spending thousands of dollars to have a child.

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

March 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Most Supportive (besides DH-who was THE most supportive and was totally amazing): Probably my bff Jill. We were both trying to get pregnant at the same time and she was having problems also. It helped to have someone else going through a similar situation at the same time.

Least supportive: Probably another friend of mine who kind of got the "glazed/glassy eye" look whenever I talked about m/a (which wasn't that often either).
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

March 15th, 2011, 08:22 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom has definitely been the most supportive beyond my husband, David. She's been with me every step of the way, listening, helping, supporting, pushing me be and stay healthy throughout the entire roller coaster.

I don't know who would be least supportive... no one really. Everyone wants to help and if they don't, I just don't talk to them about it.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
March 16th, 2011, 05:48 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
1. My Mom. She does something for me every mother's day and Christmas.

2. An ex-friend....in fact we're no longer friends because of it all.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search