Pre-IUI appointment today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
I had my ultrasound and there were many follicles. I think she said 20 but only 5 mature (between 14mm and 18mm). Last time they were bigger. Uterine lining was 7.5. I think 10 is considered good? Does anyone know? We did the trigger today and we are going to do IUI first thing in the morning with a progesterone injection and in 2 days she wants me to start Prometrium (which I've never used before).

My questions and concerns:

Can they determine from the ultrasound if you have already ovulated? I asked the tech and she said she didn't know. I asked my dr. and never really got a straight answer so I don't know if she knows. Then she said "You and your husband have intercourse tonight just to make sure we're covered." But the IUI is tomorrow and we usually have to abstain for 2 days. So when her nurse came back I asked her and she went to verify with the dr. who said not to have intercourse tonight. So now I'm a little confused and wondering about her.

I've had O pains and a lot of tenderness in my abdomen since Sunday. I'm worried the timing isn't going to be right but who can tell?

She said "You WILL get pregnant. I hope its this cycle."

Is Prometrium the suppositories?

Is 7.5 for a lining on Day 14 thick enough?

Thanks ladies!
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
March 15th, 2011, 12:45 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I know you can tell that you have ovulated by looking on u/s. When you ovulate a small cyst forms and they can see that.
I believe the Prometrium is the oral progesterone, not sure, all I've ever done were the suppositories.
And don't have sex tonight! You need a good count for the IUI! But lots of BDing afterward is always good!

Don't know for sure on the lining.

Good luck!!
March 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ditto, Sam!

For the lining, they like to see around 10, but lots of ladies, including me, have gotten pregnant with linings as low as 6. It isn't all about size, it is also the quality of the lining.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
The Wife's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to The Wife
My RE's office said they would perform IUI's on people when the lining is 6mm, but that is the minimum.

The monitoring / ultrasounds etc are supposed to help aid them in predicting and seeing when and whether or not you've ovulated. I wouldn't have intercourse before the IUI - save the spermies, b/c there will be a reduced amount after the wash and you want about 20million good ones to have a chance.

BDing afterwards won't hurt :-)

I took progesterone suppositories, but they are called ENDOMETRIN. Is the Prometrium oral?

Stop by, we'd love to have you!
--> www.BECAUSEOFMATCH.com

March 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you for the advice. My dr. seemed scattered today. That's why I felt slightly uneasy with her answers.

I just always question the timing on these procedures. I guess if we have 4 or 5 IUIs then the timing has to be right at some point.
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
March 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Super Mommy
hi there - i just went through this on sunday and will try to get all ur questions:

1. DO NOT have sex tonight - you really need to save all the sperm for tomorrow - they like to see at least 10,000

2. Definitely have sex tomorrow night and then the next few days

3. they can not tell on the uS if you have ovulated, as everything looks the same; meaning - it could be a follicle, or, it could be a cyst - too hard to tell - only way to know for sure if you ovulated is by doing progesterone blood work a week after

4. umm, what else? i dont have to do progesterone suppositories, as my doc only uses that for IVF; we should make enought progesterone on our own, but, every doc is different, and, it certainly can t hurt

5. lining should be at least 6; mine was 7.5

I do have 1 question for you though - how come you are triggering and then the next day having IUI? most docs do it 2 days after trigger, as it can take up to 36-40 hours for ovulation; but, i guess the fact that sperm are in you for a few days will cover you

every doc is differnt

i was sooo worried, and, still am, if they timed my IUI correctly, as well, esp since i took femara this month and paid 730 dollars fo rthe procedure!!

GOOD LUCK

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Acgka,
I don't know why she does the trigger then 24 hours later the IUI. That's how it was last month. If this month doesn't work maybe I will ask for next month to be different. And I can't take an Ovulation kit to tell exactlly when I O because it would be positive all the time since I had the HCG shot.

Thanks for your input. Please keep us all updated on your IUI.

Mine was $400 but when I add the meds and ultrasound, it comes to a total of $780/mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search