Had my first ultrasound at the RE today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
The nurse who did it was really nice, and I appreciated that she explained exactly what we were looking at as she was doing it. She showed me my uterus, which she said looks perfect.

My right ovary had some cysts that she said is indicative of PCOS, but my left ovary looked fine and was the one with the egg forming. She said the egg is right size for this point in my cycle, and my lining was 7, I think she said, which she said is also good for this point in my cycle.

The next thing I have to do is a bunch of bloodwork, including CD 21 Progesterone draw, then the HSG, and then we meet with the RE again for a plan of action visit. I guess the RE will tell me more about PCOS, and if they need to do anything about that. The nurse said they sometimes put you on a no sugar and carbs diet for that, but she said the RE would go over all of that with us. Anyway, just thought I would share!

TTC on our own for over 2 years
Dx with Severe MFI- Blood work shows no Microdeletion and no CF mutations

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
HSG scheduled 4/14- DONE! Tubes are clear!!
On BCP until our IVF w/ICSI scheduled for August!!!
March 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
sounds like you had a great appt and will be moving forward soon!!!!
March 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sounds like a really productive appointment! I'm glad things look okay so far...let's keep the good news rolling in!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Yes, so far, so good! I am getting pretty excited to be taking all of these steps toward a plan! Even if that plan has to be IVF, DH and I are just glad to be moving forward!

Ultrasound scheduled 3/22- DONE! Everything looks normal, other than some cysts on my right ovary.
March 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
LanasMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds just like my first RE appointment. She seems like a really great nurse you can trust which is so important when trying to conceive especially if there are small complications.
Good luck with your visits and treatment and i hope you get your BFP real soon.

to all

Me: 30 two blocked tubes
DH: 30 Perfectly healthy
TTC #2 since April 2009
March 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
sounds like a good appt!!

March 22nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanasMommy View Post
Sounds just like my first RE appointment. She seems like a really great nurse you can trust which is so important when trying to conceive especially if there are small complications.
Good luck with your visits and treatment and i hope you get your BFP real soon.
Thank you! Yes, she was great! She is my RE's assistant, so she should be the one to be involved in all of our treatment.

March 23rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appt! Good Luck on your bloodwork! Hopefully they dont take as many vials as they took from me!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallflower View Post
Thank you! Yes, she was great! She is my RE's assistant, so she should be the one to be involved in all of our treatment.
I cling to my favorite nurse in my RE's office. I talk to her for most everything.

It sounds like you have a great doctors office. I remember starting out with MA and that hopeful feeling I had.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
Ashley- Yeah, we'll see, I know there is a lot of bloodwork they have to do! I'm used to it though, I have Thyroid issues, so I get blood taken all the time.

missy123- Yes, so far I really like them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search