a few steps back, but.........

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
long story short, i had another doc in my fertility group meet with me to review my chart and get her opinion on my situation; we had a great appt, had decided on IVF, and, then, it happened - my horrible experience - billing manager was mean and uncaring and not helpful - i started hysterical crying in the office; the social worker for the group had to come and intervene; i filed a report on this woman; wanted to speak to the doctor to let her know what just transpired; she refused to speak with me; i saw her on my way out and she yelled at me and told me i couldnt speak w her and to get back to the waiting room; she yelled at me in front of other staff and another doctor; needless to say, i left there in hysterics, was by myself and i have just been sooo sad and depressed

i wrote a letter to the head of the practice and called Human rEsources to report everything that happened

i started seeing another doc that was highly recommended, has gotten 3 family friends pg, etc

tomorrow i am going for a saline sono; finally - i mean, how long have i wanted this- will get results and make my decision - i am wanting IVF - already had 2 failed IUIs and the success rate is not that great with IUI - like ups chances only to 15% , where IVF is 50% - still horrible percentages, but.....

do u girls think an injectable IUI cycle would be worth a shot? or, should i just start IVF? i am going to be 37 in a few weeks and my ovarian reserve # is not wonderful; plus, i have been experiencing some night sweats - god, i am prob in perimenopause soon

Married May 2010
TTC since August 2010, almost a year
IUI in December 2010 - BFP - chemical
IUI on 3/13/11 - BFN
April natural cycle - BFP on 4/22 - chemical confirmed 4/28
IUI done on 5/12 - BFN

IUI #4 done 6/6 - BFN
so sick of getting BFNs

total of 4 failed IUIs
IVF in July

using acupuncture 1x week, Royal Jelly, pre natals, organic Spirulina, Maca Root and Red Raspberry tea
March 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm sorry about your bad experience!!

I never did well with Clomid/IUI cycles (I was 38 when we started them) but the first injectable/IUI cycle I got my BFP and my DS. I know IUI doesn't necessarily up your chances by much but the combination of the two can.
I'm in the middle of the injectable/iui cycle and it's my first this time around so not sure on the results yet. I wanted to try at least two cycles this way before diving into IVF.

March 31st, 2011, 08:48 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience! Our emotions are so volatile going through stuff like this... it's frustrating that more doctors/nurses/staff don't seem to care about that.

If I was in your position, I would try IUI w/ injects at least once, based on the results that I've read about. I'm all for the least invasive method, though.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search