anyone familiar with low progesterone while pg?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
so as most of you know i got my bfp last week. well i found out today my hcg numbers havent doubled, went from 501 to 900something and my progesterone is 13..she put me on a supplement but i dont know if its too late or not. does anyone know anything about this and if there is still a chance ill carry this baby to term?
June 19th, 2006, 02:47 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard that the progesterone supplements have helped many women to carry full term who otherwise have low progesterone.

I don't know too much about it other than that. I am not pregnant but have low progesterone and am using natural progesterone cream.

I hope the supplements do the trick for you and your next test will come back perfect.

June 19th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
I am sure it will be ok hon. taking progesterone during the first trimester is normal alot of ladies do it.i didnt have to but i was on it before i got pregnant. totally ok to take. good luck hon.
June 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
thanks girls! i hope its not too late and there is still a chance to save this baby.
June 19th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i am sure it will be fine sweetie dont stress out over it ok hugs
if u need anything pm me anytime ok
June 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Quote:
i am sure it will be fine sweetie dont stress out over it ok hugs
if u need anything pm me anytime ok[/b]

thanks kim
June 19th, 2006, 03:29 PM
yw hon anytime
June 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
s_sill
Danielle, DON'T WORRY!

The same thing happened with me. I went for my first d/a after getting my BFP. They drew blood and my progesterone was an 11. They gave me supositories to use twice a day for a month. I haven't had my levels checked since then but it's been two months and everythign seems fine.

My cousin also had to do this with her first pregnancy and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I think for the most part it's fear cause girl, when they told me my numbers were low, I almost freaked out! I cried for days not realizing that everything would be okay. I spoke to my dr and the pharmacist who said that this happens alot and the medicine is VERY successful. It has about an 85% success rate which made me feel a hell of alot better.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. and dont worry about it!
June 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Danielle, DON'T WORRY!

The same thing happened with me. I went for my first d/a after getting my BFP. They drew blood and my progesterone was an 11. They gave me supositories to use twice a day for a month. I haven't had my levels checked since then but it's been two months and everythign seems fine.

My cousin also had to do this with her first pregnancy and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I think for the most part it's fear cause girl, when they told me my numbers were low, I almost freaked out! I cried for days not realizing that everything would be okay. I spoke to my dr and the pharmacist who said that this happens alot and the medicine is VERY successful. It has about an 85% success rate which made me feel a hell of alot better.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. and dont worry about it![/b]
girl you made me feel ALOT better. thank you so much for posting that! do you remember how far along you were when you started to take the progesterone? the thing that scares me, is i worry its too late. like the baby already lost its heartbeat or something. but than i think, if that was the case, wouldnt my hcg be dropping?! who knows! but i am going again tomorrow to make sure the progesterone hasnt dropped more over the weekend because these results were from friday.
June 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM
How far between did you test your hcg level? It should double (or more) every 48 hrs but in some cases you won't and still carry to term. That is not always the case but again it could be. Prog. supplements are good esp. if your current levels are low but the hcg is really what needs to to continue to increase. At a certain point it will no longer increase at that rate but early on and for the next few weeks it should. I hope that all will be well. God bless you.
June 20th, 2006, 09:42 AM
s_sill
[quote]
Quote:

girl you made me feel ALOT better. thank you so much for posting that! do you remember how far along you were when you started to take the progesterone? the thing that scares me, is i worry its too late. like the baby already lost its heartbeat or something. but than i think, if that was the case, wouldnt my hcg be dropping?! who knows! but i am going again tomorrow to make sure the progesterone hasnt dropped more over the weekend because these results were from friday.
I'm glad to help, that's what we are all here for. I believe that i was either 5 or 7 weeks pregnant when I first had to take the suppositories. So it's been a while. Trust me, it's not too late. Have you been examined yet? I'll pray for you and the baby and keep us posted on any changes.
June 21st, 2006, 05:07 AM
I'm glad to help, that's what we are all here for. I believe that i was either 5 or 7 weeks pregnant when I first had to take the suppositories. So it's been a while. Trust me, it's not too late. Have you been examined yet? I'll pray for you and the baby and keep us posted on any changes.
[/quote]

no not yet..well last week when i went for the blood work, i was initially there for my annual pap and i told her i was a week late so she ran the blood work...she said she was gonna send away any other std type tests with the pap incase i AM pregnant so we dont have to do it later. im guessing she could tell by my cervix or something. but as for a ob appt. not until july 10th, ill almost be 9 weeks by than. if my #'s start to improve, im gonna ask my dr. to get me in for a hb check i think, cause the girls at the front desk dont wanna hear anything

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search