TTCMA Success Stories!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Joliving4Jesus
  • 1 Post By ~April04~
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By scubagirl80
  • 1 Post By Celry
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By jesridge
  • 2 Post By Just_Marie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
At TTCMA, we love seeing the success stories! Whether by MA, a miracle on a natural cycle, using adoption, or any other method of expanding your family, we want to hear your story!

Name:

How long TTC/TTCMA?

Age when you got your BFP:

What was your key to success?

What other treatments did you try?

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA?

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
HERE WE GO!

May 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Though I am still struggling to TTC # 2, my first was a success.

Name: Joanna

How long TTC/TTCMA? 26 months first time around

Age when you got your BFP: 24

What was your key to success? First and foremost for myself I believe it was having faith that God was indeed going to bless us with a pregnancy as long as we never gave up faith and hope. Also, I stopped trying so incredibly hard, I was still trying and timing things but no more temping and little charting, we also bded early in the morning when we conceived which we rarely did we usually did night time bding and we were told morning bding is best for the swimmers after a nights rest. I also think we bded within minutes of ovulating, so it was timed perfectly, I felt strong cramping, bded, then the cramping went away shortly after.

What other treatments did you try? We just used supplements to improve dh's severe male factor problems, they must have helped because at his most recent SA he was only considered to have very mild male factor now.

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? I wish I had some but I never did any MA for our first, he was a completel miracle from God when they said we had a 1-3% chance of ever conceiving on our own. We are considering MA this time around for # 2 since we've been trying 17 months this time and we don't have as much time to play with (dh is 10 years my senior)
Nayomi80 likes this.

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; May 12th, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
May 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Name: April

How long TTC/TTCMA? 18 months

Age when you got your BFP: 22

What was your key to success? IVF w/ ICSI - it thankfully worked the first try.

What other treatments did you try? 2 IUI's - they were pretty pointless though - my DH has severe MFI - IUI #1 postwash count was 357,000 and IUI#2 was 950,000.

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? Don't ever give up and try (I KNOW it's hard) to remain positive. ((hugs))
Nayomi80 likes this.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

May 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Christin

How long TTC/TTCMA? 5yrs for DS, 11 months for DD

Age when you got your BFP: 22,24,26

What was your key to success? all 3 of my bfps were on natural cycles, all 3 were when I got to a normal bmi..I gained 40lbs thru the depression and treatments. Scarlett was conceived on a soy cycle.

What other treatments did you try? 3 IUI's, 3 IVF's

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? sounds lame..but never give up.
Nayomi80 likes this.

May 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Amanda

How long TTC/TTCMA? We were ntnp for about a year, trying for 6 months, and did four cycles of m/a...got our BFP on our fourth cycle (m/c on our first cycle of Clomid)

Age when you got your BFP: A month shy of my 29th birthday

What was your key to success? Injectables and IUI

What other treatments did you try? Clomid. I did get pregnant on it but had an early m/c. I eventually had to stop Clomid because it was giving me serious s/e. I can never use it again.

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? Just keep going! It's normal to think that it will never happen. I always felt like getting pregnant was too good to be true. I was so used to my body constantly failing me that I just couldn't believe that I could get pregnant. But it happened. Keep going...something will work!
Nayomi80 likes this.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

May 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Valerie

How long TTC/TTCMA? 21 months

Age when you got your BFP: 32

What was your key to success? Acupuncture, herbs and a change in diet. I followed my acupuncturist suggested diet for my specific issues. For me, that meant eliminating wheat, dairy and pretty much all refined sugar. I added in lots of walnuts, flax seed, raspberries and a bunch of other things she wanted me to eat.

What other treatments did you try? clomid, trigger, IUI. We were moving onto one cycle of injectibles and then IVF if need be.

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? Don't be afraid to seek alternative fertility treatments. Acupuncture obviously won't help with some fertility, but it's amazing what it can do for other issues. If you feel comfortable, open up to friends and family about your ttc and the process your'e going through. We told anyone close to us and got so much support. I also found my RE, who is amazing, because I told a neighbor and she then shared her story of 10 years of infertility treatments. She highly recommended the RE. My last advice is to not let ttc rule your life. Make sure you allow time to have fun and enjoy yourself. TTC w/ MA can get so frustrating. Allow yourself to mourn a cycle that didn't work, but don't let it consume you. Don't let it define who you are.
Nayomi80 likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Name: Melissa

How long TTC/TTCMA? 27 months

Age when you got your BFP: 28

What was your key to success? IVF w/ split fertilization

What other treatments did you try? 3 natural IUIs and 3 rounds of Clomid + IUI

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? Find support, whether in real life or from JM. Make sure you give your relationship with DH extra care...you will need to be rock solid to make it thru. Don't give up. And know that someday when you have your baby in your arms, none of this will matter. It won't matter how long it took or how much money you had to pay or what sacrifices you had to make...it will be completely worth it.
Nayomi80 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

May 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
jesridge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Jes

How long TTC/TTCMA? 19 cycles of actually charting and trying to time BDl... 6 cycles before that NTNP.

Age when you got your BFP: 27

What was your key to success? Femara, trigger shot, and IUI with my RE. This was my 2nd IUI at the RE's office, but my 3rd IUI overall. They also used abdominal ultrasound to make sure the specimen was injected into the proper spot in my uterus. It was pretty awesome to see it squirt in there. Not everyone can say that!

What other treatments did you try? We tried Clomid without trigger, and Clomid+trigger+IUI. I also tried soy isoflavones, instead cups, standing on my head, having sex every 3 days like DH's mom suggested, doing nothing at all and not thinking about it, using OPKs, charting, not charting, praying to the fertility gods, everything I could think of that didn't require a boat load of money...

What is your advice to those going through TTCMA? Everyone is different, so this is tough. I would say to be persistent, though. I thought it was never going to happen, because I had never seen my own BFP, ever. Just don't give up. <3

Sending lots of happy vibes and baby dust to everyone in this fabulous, supportive group. Good luck!
Nayomi80 likes this.

Born 12/30/11 and absolutely perfect!

January 22nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Marie
Treatment plan that worked for you: DS1-TTC for 21 mos, Clomid bfp but loss at 14 wks, 2 Clomid cycles later I got pg and had him on EDD;

TTC #2-lots of Clomid, lap for cyst removal, failed IVF cycle Feb 2009 as poor responder, were told to return in June 2009 for 2nd IVF cycle for FLARE protocol;

April 2009-got an out of the blue call to ask if we wanted preemie twins in NICU, we brought them home in June 2009 and we brought their 10 month older sister home in January 2010; we gave up but ntnp and just hoping for our oops;

Nov 2010-went on a childless vacation to Mexico and ended up with a natural bfp 14 days later

How old are your kiddos/how far along are you? Nolan 6, Elizabeth 4, twins Arthur and Theodore 3, baby Joseph 18 months

Will you try again? Nope, had a TL with my c/s, five under five is more than I could have ever dreamed of! I know I look spoiled and selfish and "breedy", but we worked hard for each of these LO's, I was where you are right now and that was just over six years ago
((hugs)) and love to each of you, the wait and tears will be worth it, trust me!
Nayomi80 and madis-mama17 like this.

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search