My progestrone results....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
The doctors office called me today to tell me that my progestrone came back at 1. Thats the same thing that it was last month. They gave me the progestrone in oil shot to start my AF and upped my dosage of Clomid from 50mg to 100mg. I am so upset that my progestrone hasn't changed. I just knew for sure that it would. Now I am very doubtful right now for the next cycle. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What is probably going to happen next? I am so lost now! I am worried about this!! Anyone have any kind of input???

June 22nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What day did they test your Progestererone on? Was it 7 DPO? Or are you not charting?

If they tested you at 7 DPO and your results were a 1, that means you are not ovulating. Hopefully the higher dose will do the trick for you. Sometimes that is all you need.

I tried the natural progesterone cream this cycle and I think that may have helped me some. You might consider it.

I'm sorry the results were not as high as they should. I hope the next dose does the trick. I am onto round two of Clomid, AF showed today.

June 22nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Quote:
What day did they test your Progestererone on? Was it 7 DPO? Or are you not charting?

If they tested you at 7 DPO and your results were a 1, that means you are not ovulating. Hopefully the higher dose will do the trick for you. Sometimes that is all you need.

I tried the natural progesterone cream this cycle and I think that may have helped me some. You might consider it.

I'm sorry the results were not as high as they should. I hope the next dose does the trick. I am onto round two of Clomid, AF showed today.[/b]
The dr. gave me the clomid because I am not ovulating. This was my 2nd cycle and nothing changed ANY! My testing was done on CD 22. The nurse said that she doesn't understand why it hasn't gone up ANY! Now I am scared that something else is wrong! I am so worried because I don't know if he will just up the dosage or what because the nurse said that he might try something else because usually when people get clomid they usually show a higher progestrone instead of it staying the same. I am all confused and it has me scared to death now!! Thanks for listening!

June 22nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
~*Angela*~'s Avatar aka hack with a camera
In my experience, it takes a different dose of Clomid for each woman to ovulate. In fact, I have ovulated on one month at a certain Clomid level, only to NOT ovulate the next month on a HIGHER dose. (this happened this past cycle) I am on the max of 250 mg, which is the dose that finally worked and got me a BFP last time. So, don't lose hope! Clomid works for many women, but it is definitely not the magic pill I used to think it was, and can take time to kick those ovaries into gear. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you next cycle!

**Thanks claire1979 for my awesome siggy!**
June 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Quote:
In my experience, it takes a different dose of Clomid for each woman to ovulate. In fact, I have ovulated on one month at a certain Clomid level, only to NOT ovulate the next month on a HIGHER dose. (this happened this past cycle) I am on the max of 250 mg, which is the dose that finally worked and got me a BFP last time. So, don't lose hope! Clomid works for many women, but it is definitely not the magic pill I used to think it was, and can take time to kick those ovaries into gear. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you next cycle! [/b]
I thought that your progestrone should go up regardless of whether or not you O. So are you saying that it staying low just means that I didn't O or should it have gone up at least a point or two?? The way I understood it was that as the dose was increased that my progestrone numbers would get better. Can you explain how that works with the progestrone numbers on every increase?? Thank you!! You are starting to put my mind at ease!!

June 23rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
imn2nursing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to imn2nursing
Oh nooooooooooo! I am so sorry. I did O on the clomid and got pg but lost it. I am now on the Menapur because my Dr. wants to be aggressive. Maybe the clomid isn't the med for you. (Hugs) to you, I'm sorry you are going through this!
June 23rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Oh nooooooooooo! I am so sorry. I did O on the clomid and got pg but lost it. I am now on the Menapur because my Dr. wants to be aggressive. Maybe the clomid isn't the med for you. (Hugs) to you, I'm sorry you are going through this![/b]
I have never heard of Menapur. Can you tell me a little about it? Is that typically what the doctors go to next? I am lost because the nurse has scared me to death! Thanks for the information and support.

June 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you sure you are ovulating with the clomid? Is the doc doing u/s's or are you charting? Generally by testing your progesterone that does will indicate that you o'd, BUT it really isn't telling you when you o'd. If you have low progesterone, and happen to get pg that cycle, that pg may fail. Progesterone sustains a pg until the placenta takes over...around 12 weeks. If you are not pg that cycle, progesterone levels fall around 8-10 dpo and AF shows.

Did you have a baseline progesterone taken? (during a non clomid cycle?) If you are indeed o'ing, and your progesterone is still low, taking the PIO is a good idea...you can also ask for a vaginal progesterone (PIO is the pits ).

So, either you aren't o'ing when your doc thinks you are, you are o'ing and have low progesterone, or you aren't o'ing at all.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
June 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Are you sure you are ovulating with the clomid? Is the doc doing u/s's or are you charting? Generally by testing your progesterone that does will indicate that you o'd, BUT it really isn't telling you when you o'd. If you have low progesterone, and happen to get pg that cycle, that pg may fail. Progesterone sustains a pg until the placenta takes over...around 12 weeks. If you are not pg that cycle, progesterone levels fall around 8-10 dpo and AF shows.

Did you have a baseline progesterone taken? (during a non clomid cycle?) If you are indeed o'ing, and your progesterone is still low, taking the PIO is a good idea...you can also ask for a vaginal progesterone (PIO is the pits ).

So, either you aren't o'ing when your doc thinks you are, you are o'ing and have low progesterone, or you aren't o'ing at all.[/b]
In the beginning, after b/w and ultrasounds, my doctor said that I wasn't O'ing. Since I am not O'ing my doctor gives me a PIO shot and then when I start AF I can and set up an appointment for CD 21-23 Progestrone b/w. I was charting but decided to start out fresh with a new cycle and change from temping orally to temping vaginally because my oral temps are low and I want to see if the vaginal temps are better and more accurate. I am just confused because I thought that the Clomid should increase my Progestrone as the dosage of Clomid is increased. I don't know now because I am confused.
So, is my progestrone level supposed to increase all at one time when/if the Clomid makes me O or should my progestrone be rising as the dosage increases until it is high enough to make me O or what?? Thats where I am confused and I would love for someone to answer that question for me. If I can find that out I will be at ease more. Thanks for the information!!

June 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The clomid helps you o, not progesterone. Progesterone is the result of o'ing. Your progesterone level peaks around 7dpo, so if you aren't pg, it starts to drop off (bringing AF).

Basically the clomid helps your ovaries grow follicles, which release the egg. The progesterone is the result of ovulation...sustaining an early pg if pg, or dropping suddenly bringing AF.

Clear as mud? lol

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
June 24th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Quote:
The clomid helps you o, not progesterone. Progesterone is the result of o'ing. Your progesterone level peaks around 7dpo, so if you aren't pg, it starts to drop off (bringing AF).

Basically the clomid helps your ovaries grow follicles, which release the egg. The progesterone is the result of ovulation...sustaining an early pg if pg, or dropping suddenly bringing AF.

Clear as mud? lol[/b]
So what do you think my doctor will do on my next visit? I know that you don't know for sure but I would like to have an idea about what to expect at least a little idea! Do you think that he will just up my dosage or what?? I am somewhat at ease now but not all the way! Thanks again!!!!!!!!

June 24th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think that he would up your dosage. What's another heat flash right? I do suggest that you read all you can about ovulating with and without meds, progesterone, and all of that. Education is the best thing you can do for yourself while ttc w/meds. You will then have questions you can ask him if he doesn't cover the info with you.

I was a pain in the butt with my RE, but I got the answers I needed. Afterall.. he is there to help you, to explain things to you, to make a plan with you. Make him earn his paycheck with you!

"Like" us on Facebook!
June 24th, 2006, 09:59 PM
let me try this again. Sorry!!

June 24th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Quote:
I would think that he would up your dosage. What's another heat flash right? I do suggest that you read all you can about ovulating with and without meds, progesterone, and all of that. Education is the best thing you can do for yourself while ttc w/meds. You will then have questions you can ask him if he doesn't cover the info with you.

I was a pain in the butt with my RE, but I got the answers I needed. Afterall.. he is there to help you, to explain things to you, to make a plan with you. Make him earn his paycheck with you! [/b]

I must have misunderstood how he explained the process to me because when I came to this site I was brand new at ttc w/medications. I always make a list of questions to ask him and take them with me. I guess that with everything that I have going on in the last 2 weeks that I am overwhelmed (sp?). I think that a lot of my problem was that I paniced when I didn't O this cycle. I know that after O progestrone rises but only when O occurs. I have extensively researched the female and male fertility issues but I guess that when the nurse told me that the doctor would probably order more tests to be done on me, I freaked out and lost my train of thought, so to speak. KWIM?? When she said that I just automatically thought the worst! Since the nurse isn't the doctor then she really has no idea of exactly what he will do. Do you ever get "side tracked", freak out, or have "blonde moments" for a couple of days?? As time goes on I guess that I will get used to this whole process, as far as what meds etc. I am just so glad that I can be with all of you because no one else really understands about infertility because they have never dealt with it. KWIM?? Thanks again!!!!!!
I hope that you understand what I am trying to say! I guess that I got way to emotional because of what the nurse said and everything else. Did you ever have times like these?? I know that the Clomid is also making my emotions crazy too. Thanks!

June 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM
~*Angela*~'s Avatar aka hack with a camera
Sorry for not responding sooner to the progesterone question. My progesterone is btwn .35 and .65 (yes, LESS than one...even my dr didn't believe it) when I am on a non-medicated cycle. However, I have had levels that low on Clomid as well. I have never seen a gradual increase of progesterone. For me, the progesterone level on Clomid is less than 1 if I didn't ovulate, and over 15 when I do. But, every woman is different.

As to the mind blank at the doctor, I know I have done that on numerous occasions. My dr is always full of info, but sometimes I forget the questions I want to ask in the moment. I have learned more this time conceiving, even though I used Clomid in the past to conceive my DS.

for next cycle!

**Thanks claire1979 for my awesome siggy!**
June 25th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Sorry for not responding sooner to the progesterone question. My progesterone is btwn .35 and .65 (yes, LESS than one...even my dr didn't believe it) when I am on a non-medicated cycle. However, I have had levels that low on Clomid as well. I have never seen a gradual increase of progesterone. For me, the progesterone level on Clomid is less than 1 if I didn't ovulate, and over 15 when I do. But, every woman is different.

As to the mind blank at the doctor, I know I have done that on numerous occasions. My dr is always full of info, but sometimes I forget the questions I want to ask in the moment. I have learned more this time conceiving, even though I used Clomid in the past to conceive my DS.

for next cycle![/b]
I finally got my head straightened out last night and I feel lots better today. I think that some of the things that the nurse said made me think of the worst. She just called to give me the progestrone numbers and then was saying that the doctor was probably going to order more tests since Clomid isn't working. She has only been working there for 2 weeks or so, so how does she know when she hasn't worked with the doctor long enough to know yet. LOL TTC has given me more emotions that I have never had before. I am just glad that I have all of you ladies to talk to about it! Thanks!!

June 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to apologize if my post sounded condescending towards you! I in no way meant to say that you were uneducated about all of this. It's hard when the docs are throwing info at you, or just telling you what they are going to do..and they don't really explain things. And to add a nurse into the mix.. ugh.

When I was ttc, I went into operation IVF info overload. But, it really helped when I went to my appts. I also know a little too much about sperm than the average person should. ROFL.

"Like" us on Facebook!
June 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Quote:
I wanted to apologize if my post sounded condescending towards you! I in no way meant to say that you were uneducated about all of this. It's hard when the docs are throwing info at you, or just telling you what they are going to do..and they don't really explain things. And to add a nurse into the mix.. ugh.

When I was ttc, I went into operation IVF info overload. But, it really helped when I went to my appts. I also know a little too much about sperm than the average person should. ROFL.[/b]

I did not take anything that you said negatively. I am finally over my "episode" and am glad that you could have helped with the input and info. If you have any other suggestions for me on something to ask the dr. or things that I can try to help or just ANYTHING please don't hesitate to share it with me!! This may be a weird question but how did you learn so much about sperm? What kinds of things?? I am constantly interested in learning so feel free to throw it my way! Thanks again and please don't appologize because no offense was taken at all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search