HI LADIES

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I haven't been posting lately but always lurking about the board. Hope everyone is well. Saw more BFP and congrats to all!!

I'm doing IVF and on this Sunday we are doing the egg collection. After 2 injections for the past 11 days, I am so ready and hopeful. I'll let everyone know if all goes well.

Happy Friday!

12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 23rd, 2006, 11:00 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
Good luck hon i will be thinking of you!
June 23rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck good luck good luck!!!

My 3 yr old is an IVF baby

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
June 23rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Good Luck! I hope that this gives you a

June 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks ladies.....the retreival is at 8:00 a.m. so hopefully we will get viable eggs!

Have a great weekend!

June 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish you lots of luck. One of our close friends concieved with IVF after years of trying with poor egg quality and a low sperm count.

May you see a bright shiny BFP in two weeks.

June 25th, 2006, 03:49 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GOOD LUCK HUN...IM PRAYING FOR U..!!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thought I would sneak out of bed and give everyone an update. We were able to collect 21 eggs! I hope and pray at least 1 will be our miracle baby. We will find out if any fertilized tomorrow. I know it's a blessing so far because the patient next to me did not get 1 egg! Theystopped her procedure after checking 4 follicles. They think the HCG trigger shot was not done properly. So, they gave her the shot right then. This ttc thing can be mind blowing, so I take my mini blessings as I get them.

Thanks for the support ladies.

June 25th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Hi Ladies,

Thought I would sneak out of bed and give everyone an update. We were able to collect 21 eggs! I hope and pray at least 1 will be our miracle baby. We will find out if any fertilized tomorrow. I know it's a blessing so far because the patient next to me did not get 1 egg! Theystopped her procedure after checking 4 follicles. They think the HCG trigger shot was not done properly. So, they gave her the shot right then. This ttc thing can be mind blowing, so I take my mini blessings as I get them.

Thanks for the support ladies.[/b]
Wow! Lots of eggies!! Maybe 1 or 2 of those eggs will be your BFP's soon! How many will they be putting back in if they fertilized? I don't know much about IVF but welcome any information because DH is curious about it. Any information is welcomed. Did the procedure hurt at all? What are the chances of multiples? I am so excited for you!! Please let us know how things are going!!

June 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I hope you get a few of those babies going.
June 25th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Rest up, and drink plenty of WATER and gatorade. Were you knocked out for your procedure? I was awake during it, and cried during the whole procedure..26 eggs worth.

Will you do a 2 day, 3 day or blast transfer? I'm so excited for you!!

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
June 26th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

No sleep at all last night....

mrsracatoe - my dr's office will let you put back as many as you want, as long as your health would not be compromised. The do have a rule they try to go by: anyone below 35 years of age 1 - 2 and anyone above 35 you can do 3+. Well, I kinda fall in the middle, I will be 34 on July 11th. Which is so funny because that is one day before I find out if we are preggo....talk about make or break a birthday. I want to go with 2 or 3 eggies put back. This will be based upon the egg quality. If two good eggies, then 2. If kinda borderline, 3 eggs. DH was to stuff me to the gills !!! The office will let us know this afternoon how many fertilized.............don't they realize the suspense is killing us?! The chance of mulitples (twins) are kinda high but the triplets, quads, etc...not so much. The pain after the egg collection is like really bad cramps...not bad at all.

sunsetsue - we are scheduled for a 3 day transfer unless the egg quality is borderline then onto blast. I hope my results today will allow for some frosties just in case. YOU WERE AWAKE?? I was asleep through it all and was extremely happy about that. How many of yours fertilized (if you don't mind me asking) and did you freeze any? This is all too new and scary for me.

The financial part is okay, insurance paid for everything but like a couple hundred for the meds. There are some companies that will allow you to finance your procedure and hedge your bets so that you are not so much out of pocket if you have to do it multiple times......If everything else fails, don't let finance get in the way of having your miracle!!!

I will update everyone once I get the news....have a great Monday!!!

June 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM
How much does it cost if you have to pay out of pocket?? My insurance company doesn't pay for anything like IUI or IVF. I have heard that it is expensive but never heard exact amounts! We are trying to find an insurance company that will help pay for this stuff if we need to do it later. Anyone have any insurance companies to suggest that pay or help more?
I think that this is so neat! I can't wait to find out how many good eggies you got!! The suspense is killing us too, you know!!

June 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM
At my facility it cost $13,000. So, if this does not work and we don't have any to freeze, our insurance company will contribute $7000 and we have some cash saved. My dh and I both have United Healthcare at our jobs. We coordinated our benefits with this in mind. If we have any embies to freeze, insurance will cover all of it as that will only cost between $3000 - $5000. Oh yeah got some numbers on the multiple percentage, its about 35-40%.

I got my call and it breaks down like this:

21 eggs collected
10 - immature because of PCOS
6 - too mature because they put too many spermies in them ( who knew???)
5 - great ones!

I would have liked more than five but this will work. We are transferring 3 back, no matter what the egg quality will be. Hopefully, we will have the remaining 2 to freeze. All this will happen on Wednesday at 11:00...we get to see pictures and everything !!

Wish me luck ladies!!

June 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Good luck to you with your transfer tomorrow!!

Sorry I haven't posted to you sooner, but I have been hit and miss on this board since my m/c last month. I check into this forum from time to time but have had no luck finding fellow IVF'ers. Happy surprise for me to see your posting today!

5 fertilized eggs is pretty darn good! Nice to have a few spares to freeze for the next go around.

For me, I had 9 out of 10 fertilize, 3 put back the first time (I was 35 at the time) and 6 to freeze. That gave me 2 more shots at it. I finally got my BFP on the 3rd try but unfortunately m/c at 9 weeks. I'm ready to go again though and waiting for my next cycle to start in July.

Again, all the best to you and I will be keeping fingers crossed for you tomorrow and for the rest of your dreaded 2ww!

Keep us posted!

June 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the 5 !! That is awesome!

That's great about your insurance! Ours is covered up as well, however, when we did our IVF and 2 FET's, we were able to pay what wasn't covered. When we went back to do a 2nd IVF, we had started tests and went to see the financial lady. We were told then that the policies had changed , and we had to pay everything up front. Here it is around $9,000. We didn't have that at the time, so we left.

I was totally awake for the procedure. I was given something, but apparently it didn't work well enough. I watched it on the screen. I was ok for the first 10 or so, but after that, it was bad. I had 26 retrieved, 3 were transferred on day 3, 8 were frozen. Out of the 8 frozen, we did 1 FET (3 transferred) which resulted in a chem pg, and another FET (5 transferred) and another chem pg.

Sorry to hijack your post. Update us soon!!!!

"Like" us on Facebook!
June 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
hey ladies,

The transfer went well today. We had two perfect 8 cell embies and a 7 cell with fragments put back. I was about to say four but dh had a look that said we did not talk about that !! So, we are freezing the other two. So, please pray for my embies!!

gp70 and sunsetsue - did you ladies have any cramping after the transfer? I love to hear about anyone going through this. You guys give me the strength to keep goinh if this does not work and hope that one day it will work!

June 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
angeleyes... I'm so glad everything went so well today! Definetly sounds like some good qualities embies for you! And with 2 left to freeze, that's a nice bonus!

As for cramping - I did have a little bit, pretty minor though, after the retrieval. For me it subsided about 2 days after the transfer. Try not to worry about that too much - there's been a lot of poking around going on insideyou so it's bound to produce some reaction.

Now you just have to settle in for the 2ww - it's excrutiatingly long but you have to do your best to relax. Ya right, I now... like I was able to do that... NOT!

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any specific questions. Even though we're all different, if you think hearing about my experience would help, I'm there for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search