After stopping progestone supplements

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Hi girls,

I found out Wednesday that my IUI failed. My RE told me to stop the Femtrace, Prometrium, and Progesterone supplements and call them when I got AF. It's Saturday night and I still haven't gotten it. My cycle before my m/c in April was always 23 days. Wednesday (or two weeks after the IUI) was CD28. I'm now on CD31.

How long will it take for all of the hormones to get out of my system so I can get AF and try again? Can anyone advise?

Thanks!!!
Chris
June 24th, 2006, 07:53 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
When I get a progestrone in oil shot, they tell me that I will start AF WITHIN 10 days. I don't know about the others and how long it takes for them to get out of your system. GOOD LUCK!! I wish that I could be more help!

June 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Veteran
Wow! That's a long time. I also should have mentioned that the progesterone is in suppository form.

I TOTALLY feel like I have AF. I've felt like it for a number of days now. Mild crampy and bloated feeling. I wish I would just get it. I can't wait to try again!

Thanks for the response.

Chris
June 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard that eating foods with a lot of iron, like red meat can help to bring on AF. Try that maybe??

I have also heard that usually within 10 days of stopping progesterone AF should show. It could be anytime in between then.

June 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Veteran
My goodness! If I would have waited three hours I wouldn't have had to post! I just got AF. Took 3 days. Whew! Lets get this bloating over with.

Thanks for your replies

Chris
June 24th, 2006, 09:43 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Now you can feel better knowing that you are already starting a new cycle! Good Luck this time!! Are you going to be doing IUI again or what?

June 24th, 2006, 10:49 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea! Glad she showed so you can start fresh.

June 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Veteran
I hope we can do IUI again. The timing might not work out. If they do it on CD12 like my first one, we will be in town, but if they have to push it off a day to CD13 because I'm not surging like my last one, we won't be able to do it and will have to wait another month.

Either way, I KNOW the next one will work Positive thoughts!

Chris
June 26th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually start AF while on my suppository progesterone supplements. I hate them but my doctor says if I get a bfp I have to take them until I'm 12 weeks to help prevent m/c. If AF doesn't start before I'm a week late I go off of them and usually start within a few days. Good luck next month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search